follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 04-01-2022, 04:27 PM   #1
Opie

Drives: '13 BRZ TLM Spec
Thanked 2,314 Times in 997 Posts
Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Complimentary Chin Track Days membership to FT86club.com members

Have you ever wanted to experience how your 86, BRZ, FRS or GR86 performs on the track? We provide advanced driver coaching for you to acquire those skills. With Chin Track Days, enthusiasts can enjoy their cars and receive driver education at many of the legendary road courses in the USA. Venues like Sebring, Road Atlanta, Watkins Glen, Mid-Ohio, VIR, COTA and more.

Chin Track Days, the leading provider of non-competition track events for sports car enthusiasts would like to give FT86club.com members that are owners of the Subaru BRZ, Scion FRS or Toyota GR86 models a complimentary membership to participate with Chin Track Days.

Our emphasis is on FUN and skill training, not racing. At our non-competition events, drivers can practice and learn new advanced driving techniques. Entry level drivers receive high-quality instruction on high-performance driving skills. If you are already an experienced track driver, you may be exempt from instruction, and enjoy generous, high-quality track time. All training and driving is done in a low-stress, non-competition environment. There is no racing, time-trials, or contests at Chin Track Days events. Events are defined as driver's education activities, and are governed accordingly.

What exactly is the deal (the fine print)?
Chin Track Days memberships are $50 for a 12-month membership. For this offer, FT86club.com members that purchase a membership between April 1st, 2022 and October 1st, 2022 will receive a $50 credit on their Chin Track Days account. This credit will never expire and can be used towards any of our 58 Track Day event dates available on the 16 best tracks in the United States.

How do I get the deal?
CLICK HERE to Join Chin Track Days, once complete send an email to: Will@ChinTrackDays.com with FT86Club.com as the subject. Provide your full name, email address and FT86club.com username. Once you are confirmed as an FT86Club.com member the credit will be posted to your account and you will receive a confirmation email. Drivers with prior on-track experience should also provide a history of that experience, include the tracks driven, how many days at each track and if any instruction was provided to be classified properly. Drivers with no prior track experience will receive right-seat instruction from a top level instructor at each event.

Are you already a previous, or current member of ChinTrackDays? Send me an email and I'll add 12-months to your membership! Have any questions, post them here.

Please check out our full 2022 Chin Track Days schedule here.

Visit our full website ChinTrackDays.com for track tips, FAQ’s, format, a full list of tracks we visit & more.

Checkout this video!
bcj (04-01-2022), fminicooper (04-05-2022), MJones_RB (04-14-2022)
Old 04-05-2022, 01:40 PM   #2
Qwimby1

Drives: 14 FRS Monogram, 05 Mazdasped Miata
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
This is an excellent group, IMO. I was an instructor for them several years ago, though I haven't been a member for quite a while. I'm not sure if they use the same format as when I was there. For much of the day, they put all experience level drivers on the track at the same time. Novices have a big yellow X on the back of their cars. I was concerned about it at first, but found that it works well, and everyone gets a lot of track time. Upper level drivers got some time of their own as well.

Standards are high and events are well run. They used to use the short circuit at Sebring a lot, though I don't see it listed much anymore. It was prefect for my dead-stock, 147hp Miata NA
Qwimby1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 03:40 PM   #3
Grady

Drives: BRZ Yellow, 2019 Ranger, 2011 Evora
Thanked 1,475 Times in 771 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Defiantly want to do COTA one day but that cost!
Grady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Grady For This Useful Post:
Opie (04-05-2022)
Old 04-05-2022, 03:53 PM   #4
WolfpackS2k

Drives: '12 C63 P31, '23 GRC
Thanked 2,072 Times in 1,185 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Talking

@Opie what about for forum members that have been on this website for 11 1/2 years and previously owned a BRZ? Someone like...me
Old 04-05-2022, 04:39 PM   #5
Opie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grady View Post
Defiantly want to do COTA one day but that cost!
COTA knows they are an F1 circuit....and proudly reflect that in their rental cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k View Post
@Opie what about for forum members that have been on this website for 11 1/2 years and previously owned a BRZ? Someone like...me
I got you! Deal still applies...although I think you need another 86 to go show VIR that it didn't beat you!
WolfpackS2k (04-07-2022)
Old 04-05-2022, 06:00 PM   #6
Grady

Drives: BRZ Yellow, 2019 Ranger, 2011 Evora
Thanked 1,475 Times in 771 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie View Post
COTA knows they are an F1 circuit....and proudly reflect that in their rental cost.
Still going to do it at least once! However I think I will wait until I have my Evora up and running for the track.
Grady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 08:24 PM   #7
jmimac351
Chin Chief Instructor

Drives: 2015 Ford F150 Aluminium Couch
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwimby1 View Post
This is an excellent group, IMO. I was an instructor for them several years ago, though I haven't been a member for quite a while. I'm not sure if they use the same format as when I was there. For much of the day, they put all experience level drivers on the track at the same time. Novices have a big yellow X on the back of their cars. I was concerned about it at first, but found that it works well, and everyone gets a lot of track time. Upper level drivers got some time of their own as well.

Standards are high and events are well run. They used to use the short circuit at Sebring a lot, though I don't see it listed much anymore. It was prefect for my dead-stock, 147hp Miata NA
Hi Qwimby, I've been running with Chin since 2005. A few things to note... Novice drivers have an assigned Instructor all day. We prefer blue painter's tape for the "X"s but can also etch the X into the paint with a key, so it doesn't wash off - whichever the owner prefers. The Chin format is 3 basic run groups, with some mixing of drivers in the Green group... Novices with Instructors (Green) & Newly Solo (Yellow) drivers can also run in that group. Passing is straightaways only, with a point-by. The Intermediate (Blue) and Advanced (Red) groups allow passing anywhere on track, with a point-by. ALL run groups / sessions require a point-by. At the end of the day and at most events, there is generally a "Happy Hour" session where all drivers can go on track; however, Novice drivers still have an Instructor in the car. Point-bys are still required, and it does work out well since there is a high degree of courtesy at our events, and that is with intent. The other reason is many drivers are tired by then and / or have received the "When are you heading home?" text.
Cobra Replica Build Pics
Chin Chief Instructor www.ChinTrackDays.com
jmimac351 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmimac351 For This Useful Post:
Opie (04-06-2022), WolfpackS2k (04-07-2022)
Old 04-06-2022, 12:58 PM   #8
Qwimby1

Drives: 14 FRS Monogram, 05 Mazdasped Miata
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmimac351 View Post
Hi Qwimby, I've been running with Chin since 2005. A few things to note... Novice drivers have an assigned Instructor all day. We prefer blue painter's tape for the "X"s but can also etch the X into the paint with a key, so it doesn't wash off - whichever the owner prefers. The Chin format is 3 basic run groups, with some mixing of drivers in the Green group... Novices with Instructors (Green) & Newly Solo (Yellow) drivers can also run in that group. Passing is straightaways only, with a point-by. The Intermediate (Blue) and Advanced (Red) groups allow passing anywhere on track, with a point-by. ALL run groups / sessions require a point-by. At the end of the day and at most events, there is generally a "Happy Hour" session where all drivers can go on track; however, Novice drivers still have an Instructor in the car. Point-bys are still required, and it does work out well since there is a high degree of courtesy at our events, and that is with intent. The other reason is many drivers are tired by then and / or have received the "When are you heading home?" text.
Thanks for the update. I've considered re-joining but getting an oil cooler, gauges, belts and replacing the brittle studs on the FRS is taking more time than I have now. I don't recall what year it was when Brian Redman brought a Ford GT that had won Le Mans to Sebring for a Road and Track photo shoot. It was sure fun to be out there with him!
Qwimby1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 08:28 PM   #9
jmimac351
Chin Chief Instructor

Drives: 2015 Ford F150 Aluminium Couch
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwimby1 View Post
Thanks for the update. I've considered re-joining but getting an oil cooler, gauges, belts and replacing the brittle studs on the FRS is taking more time than I have now. I don't recall what year it was when Brian Redman brought a Ford GT that had won Le Mans to Sebring for a Road and Track photo shoot. It was sure fun to be out there with him!
I like doing stuff myself as well but I consider more and more that lost time / fun is more expensive than paying someone else for their labor, if possible.

Hope to see you at the track soon.
Cobra Replica Build Pics
Chin Chief Instructor www.ChinTrackDays.com
jmimac351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 10:04 AM   #10
angst1974

Drives: 718 Cayman GTS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Awesome , email out , and will be joining you guys at Summit Point in August .
angst1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 03:45 PM   #11
Opie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by angst1974 View Post
Awesome , email out , and will be joining you guys at Summit Point in August .
Your account is all set! See you at Summit Point!