follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southern California

Southern California SoCal

User Tag List

Old 11-29-2010, 02:06 PM   #1
R_E_L
He's got this.

Drives: 50th Anni BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thoughts on the auto show?

My experience was mixed but i would say that 90% of that could be attributed to me.

I was able to get in for free thanks to a friend who was working at the game truck in the kids area, he drove me there and gave me a pass in turn for helping him out for a few hours (not exactly the hardest job in the world, just occasionally telling kids to stop whining and playing games).

Now i realized the FT wouldnt be there but i was still excited for stuff like the shinari and the LFA. so i took my camera, ready to snap away and then upload the pics for you guys, but upon pulling it out i realized my batteries were dead *insert sad panda here*.

i had taken it camping a few months ago and was taking long exposure shots and probably drained most of it then ( i have a film SLR so no rechargeable batteries). so in other words i let you guys down with no sexy pics

The shinari was very nice, along with other concepts like the infiniti essence and lotus cars. It was cool finally seeing the LFA in person but the promoter guy didn't want to start the car. something about children being in the crowd and not wanting to have an 'unintended acceleration,' real pansy that guy. The now famous CTS-V was there along with other interesting stuff like the porsche hybrid GT3 and ken block's fiesta. other than my tired feet and lack of camera it was a cool auto show. Just for fun i asked one of the show directors at the toyota section about the FT and of course he said it wasnt there but commenting he wished it had been (i'm guessing he's counting the days just like us).

the only proof i have of being there were these 2 pics, 1 of me 'working' at the game truck and the other of an SL63 that was on the same floor taken by my crappy phone camera, of course as my luck was going the battery on my phone died soon after that

For anyone else who went what did you guys think?

Old 11-29-2010, 06:23 PM   #2
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Did you get to meet n greet Steve Blake?
Old 11-30-2010, 01:51 PM   #3
R_E_L
He's got this.

Drives: 50th Anni BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
D: i had no idea he was there. was he there the entire weekend? i went the friday after turkey day.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:23 PM   #4
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_E_L View Post
D: i had no idea he was there. was he there the entire weekend? i went the friday after turkey day.
Not sure, my buddy got a pic with him on Sat.