follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 03-06-2023, 10:53 PM   #1
gnarjunkie

Drives: '23 GR86, '17 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PP Brembo replacement pistons?

Has anyone tracked down a part number for a set of replacement pistons for PP Brembos? Had a dust seal go out on track and managed to melt one...

So far I've found a lot of replacement ones for STi Brembos but none for BRZ Brembos, not even from Subaru.
gnarjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 10:28 AM   #2
RedReplicant

Drives: None
Thanked 1,214 Times in 517 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
RacingBrake sells them - https://racingbrake.com/subaru-6/
Rear piston on the 07-17 STI Brembo is the same as PP front and rear.

Zeckhausen sells just the boot and or seal, if you'd rather go that route. 40mm piston size.
https://www.zeckhausen.com/catalog/i...?cPath=82_1169

Last edited by RedReplicant; 03-07-2023 at 11:50 AM.
RedReplicant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 12:42 PM   #3
gnarjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReplicant View Post
RacingBrake sells them - https://racingbrake.com/subaru-6/
Rear piston on the 07-17 STI Brembo is the same as PP front and rear.

Zeckhausen sells just the boot and or seal, if you'd rather go that route. 40mm piston size.
https://www.zeckhausen.com/catalog/i...?cPath=82_1169
Thank you!!

I'd read that people had thought they could be the same piston, but I wasn't sure if anyone had actually confirmed that or installed them.

The photo on RacingBrake had me 2nd guessing that as there are little imprints around the front face of the piston that aren't there on the ones I removed. Guessing maybe they used a generic photo though vs an actual photo of the part.

I need the boot and seals too, but the actual piston itself got melted so the first step has been figuring out if we can actually buy replacements or if we were going to have to buy a donor caliper or something.

Last edited by gnarjunkie; 03-07-2023 at 12:54 PM.
Old 03-07-2023, 02:19 PM   #4
RedReplicant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarjunkie View Post
Thank you!!

I'd read that people had thought they could be the same piston, but I wasn't sure if anyone had actually confirmed that or installed them.

The photo on RacingBrake had me 2nd guessing that as there are little imprints around the front face of the piston that aren't there on the ones I removed. Guessing maybe they used a generic photo though vs an actual photo of the part.

I need the boot and seals too, but the actual piston itself got melted so the first step has been figuring out if we can actually buy replacements or if we were going to have to buy a donor caliper or something.
Yeah, RB doesn't sell the OEM 40mm pistons through their site, as far as I could find browsing around. I would email them and see if they'd be willing to sell you a set of 40mm OEM style pistons broken out from another kit of theirs (STI, EVO, etc).

Alternatively, email Zeckhausen and see if they can sell you OEM style pistons. They've always been SUPER helpful through email/phone for me.
Old 03-07-2023, 03:07 PM   #5
gnarjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReplicant View Post
Yeah, RB doesn't sell the OEM 40mm pistons through their site, as far as I could find browsing around. I would email them and see if they'd be willing to sell you a set of 40mm OEM style pistons broken out from another kit of theirs (STI, EVO, etc).

Alternatively, email Zeckhausen and see if they can sell you OEM style pistons. They've always been SUPER helpful through email/phone for me.

I actually would way rather have stainless steel pistons as the car is a full-time track car and it should help with heat dissipation. I was mostly thinking that the photos look different than the pistons I pulled out and that might indicate that the STi Brembo pistons were different than the BRZ ones.

If it's just a design difference due to being an OEM part vs a performance aftermarket part, I'm ok with that.
Old 03-07-2023, 04:36 PM   #6
RedReplicant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarjunkie View Post
I actually would way rather have stainless steel pistons as the car is a full-time track car and it should help with heat dissipation. I was mostly thinking that the photos look different than the pistons I pulled out and that might indicate that the STi Brembo pistons were different than the BRZ ones.

If it's just a design difference due to being an OEM part vs a performance aftermarket part, I'm ok with that.
Yeah, it is for sure an aftermarket vs OEM thing.