follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 08-19-2011, 11:35 AM   #1
Ryuu0u
(=^・ェ・^=)

Drives: 2013 FRS, '08 GSXR 600
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is it too late?

So i was getting an oil change this morning at my local Toyota dealership,Fred Hass Toyota in Houston. Its a fairly big dealership and i would say it gets a decent amount of business. *Now i have no hard knowledge or really know what was going on this was just my observation.*
I went to their scion spot on the show room floor to see if they have the new yellow TC for show. To my surprise there was nothing there, I even looked in front where they usually keep the scions and there was only one XD out there. I've noticed through out the time that my family has been shopping at this dealership that the scion department has gotten progressively smaller to were they don't even have anyone sitting in their department anymore. I mean obviously the scions could be in the back but to not even have them on show was a shock. My concerns were if it is possibly this bad for scion will the FRS even have a place on the show room floor as a scion? This is a fairly big dealership and if they are having trouble pushing the product to where they dont carry it anymore I wont be able to even see an FRS locally. They dont even have "scion" on their billboard anymore if i can recall it. I wonder what will be done about this before the launch of the FRS.
Ryuu0u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:52 PM   #2
On the Rise

Drives: Toyota
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Japan is still suffering the turmoil of the earthquake and tsunami. Toyota has said that production would be back by this month, but their earlier official announcement said Sept, Nov. Scion as a brand has been slowing in sales and Scion needs something to get the brand going again.

The dealership is suffering from the slowdown in the economy. They may be dropping the Scion part to save money. Toyota sales have been down as much as 70% in some areas because of the economy and inventory.
1660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:56 PM   #3
bofa

Drives: Ms. Daisy
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Eh, there could be a couple of things at play here. You are in a truck-heavy state, they could have sold off their stock and not gotten restock due to production levels, they could be at an off-site sale for the weekend, they could be stored elsewhere, they might have decided to ceed the Scion sales to another local large volume dealer... and probably more. I would just ask a salesperson.