follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 06-20-2014, 02:23 PM   #15
Indestruct

Drives: 2013 SWP Limited BRZ, MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annahra View Post
Why are you getting pulled over so much? I've been in a BRZ for two years and 6-7 cross country trips plus 50 miles of daily commuting with no front plate (required in MO) and I've never even had a cop give me a dirty look. I also just turned 30 last year, and am pretty established in my career.

P.S. Radar detector.
I think my luck ran out. I also have a valentine one hardwired into my car. But I got pulled over 3 times in a 2 week period, when I've never been pulled over in my life. Maybe it's my rev matching and heel toe shifting for every turn or red light? Cops claimed it was b/c I have no front plates or whatever blah reason...
Indestruct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 02:27 PM   #16
ayau

Drives: Some rust bucket
Thanked 1,045 Times in 556 Posts
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestruct View Post
I can get a brand new plug in prius for about 22k after credits, a little more than the value of my trade in. Uber requires that the car be newer than 2005 and has 4 doors. My friends are pulling in over 500 a week on Uber. I'm currently renting out my winter beater 2002 outback on relay rides and I want MORE MONEY. Only in the Bay area you can pull in low six figure income and still feel poor.
$500 a week doing it full time or part time? I'm estimating you'll need to pull over $500 a month to break even (to cover car payment, insurance, and gas). Even if you did break even, you have to consider the time you "lost" doing Uber. I'm guessing you'll need to make over $800 from Uber just to make it worth the time.
ayau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 02:32 PM   #17
Indestruct

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas3wba0 View Post
Don't do it, bro... if you already have a girl, then why does it matter what other girls think? Fuck dem hoes! If you get a Prius I will judge you forever, not to mention cutting you off aggressively when I see you hogging the left lane! (I kid)
Wait till I pass you with my green stickers in the HOV LANE!! seriously gonna hog the left lane doing 90, what my prius lacks in power it will make up in heart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayau View Post
$500 a week doing it full time or part time? I'm estimating you'll need to pull over $500 a month to break even (to cover car payment and insurance). Even if you did break even, you have to consider the time you "lost" doing Uber. I'm guessing you'll need to make over $800 from Uber just to make it worth the time.
My coworker is doing 500 a week moonlighting. I only work 4 days a week full time so I figure an extra 2k a month cash is great incentive. I am already well established in my career, just want more $$.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:33 PM   #18
thill

Drives: 2020 SS1LE (previous 13 BRZ owner)
Thanked 1,463 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Well and you are driving random people around in your car in LA... Sorry man, I would only do that if I was in a cash crunch..
thill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 02:40 PM   #19
Cades

Drives: Focus
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
I think my luck ran out. I also have a valentine one hardwired into my car. But I got pulled over 3 times in a 2 week period, when I've never been pulled over in my life. Maybe it's my rev matching and heel toe shifting for every turn or red light? Cops claimed it was b/c I have no front plates or whatever blah reason...
lol, i dont even
Cades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 02:40 PM   #20
tahdizzle
So elite I'm 1338

Drives: WRB Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,934 Times in 982 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Garage
tahdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 02:49 PM   #21
Indestruct

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahdizzle View Post
Ouch harsh words tahdizzle, I'm trolling in my own thread? Maybe you can go politely excuse yourself from my thread. You just joined this forum in feb and you have that many posts? Get a life newbie and GTFO. This is a serious thread where I stand to lose my brz.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:52 PM   #22
PollosHermanos

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ Limited 6SP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I'm 31 and after my 20s I decided that I just don't give a flying F what people think about about my car choice.

Pretty sure I'd hate myself for buying a prius unless it was because I had to in order to afford things like my mortage, support my wife/kids, or at the expense of putting money away for the future.

If money was a concern then why'd you dump money on those mods to make the twin go faster? I get the need for speed and all that but getting from there to a hybrid seems a little backwards, ya know?

It's your car man do what makes you happy. I personally would find other places to cut back.

The prius option is like going nuclear
1990 Laser RS - Lights go up, lights go down ||1992 MX-6 Coupe - Hah ... no || 2001 Integra GSR - Almost rice. Risotto || 2003 IS300 - A nice car but no fun. || 2011 Stage I GTI - Lots of fun. Would buy another

2014 BRZ - That BRZ. So hot right now.
PollosHermanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:06 PM   #23
Indestruct

Quote:
Originally Posted by PollosHermanos View Post
I'm 31 and after my 20s I decided that I just don't give a flying F what people think about about my car choice.

Pretty sure I'd hate myself for buying a prius unless it was because I had to in order to afford things like my mortage, support my wife/kids, or at the expense of putting money away for the future.

If money was a concern then why'd you dump money on those mods to make the twin go faster? I get the need for speed and all that but getting from there to a hybrid seems a little backwards, ya know?

It's your car man do what makes you happy. I personally would find other places to cut back.

The prius option is like going nuclear
Thank you, I know a lot of people hate the prius and this is blasphemy. I guess turning 30 is taking its toll on me. The lady wants a baby and I want to buy a house soon, I spent my 20s drinking everyday and traveling and I don't have much to show for it. I got the mods because I still love cars and hoped that it could satisfy me someway. So I guess if I can't get my needs through my brz might as well give up completely and go with the practical prius.
Old 06-20-2014, 04:21 PM   #24
PollosHermanos

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ Limited 6SP
Quote:
Thank you, I know a lot of people hate the prius and this is blasphemy. I guess turning 30 is taking its toll on me. The lady wants a baby and I want to buy a house soon, I spent my 20s drinking everyday and traveling and I don't have much to show for it. I got the mods because I still love cars and hoped that it could satisfy me someway. So I guess if I can't get my needs through my brz might as well give up completely and go with the practical prius.
I guess so. You gotta do what you gotta do so if that means prius country than so be it. Best of luck - with the attention Uber is getting these days I hope it works out.
1990 Laser RS - Lights go up, lights go down ||1992 MX-6 Coupe - Hah ... no || 2001 Integra GSR - Almost rice. Risotto || 2003 IS300 - A nice car but no fun. || 2011 Stage I GTI - Lots of fun. Would buy another

2014 BRZ - That BRZ. So hot right now.
PollosHermanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 04:25 PM   #25
tahdizzle
So elite I'm 1338

Drives: WRB Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,934 Times in 982 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Ouch harsh words tahdizzle, I'm trolling in my own thread? Maybe you can go politely excuse yourself from my thread. You just joined this forum in feb and you have that many posts? Get a life newbie and GTFO. This is a serious thread where I stand to lose my brz.

Like I said in my previous pose. Get the prius and be an UBER driver. Because your posts are inconsistant and make no sense.

Keep trollin
tahdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 04:33 PM   #26
johnnyfast11

Drives: none yet
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
is this a troll ?
johnnyfast11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 04:46 PM   #27
Khyron686

Drives: 2011 Outlander XLS, 2013 FR-S Blue
Quote:
I don't hate Prius' - if you drive a lot in the city they are a good choice. But if you're doing Uber for extra income, why not sell the BRZ private (sell mods separately) and get an older Civic or Accord for 5-8K which will still be rock solid and enjoy the other 6-10K in your bank account? It's the financially smart move - more so than getting into a new car payment.
Khyron686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:10 PM   #28
MeehowsBRZ
Banned

Drives: BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Only in the Bay area you can pull in low six figure income and still feel poor.

You come off as such a tool. Just get the stupid Prius and get over yourself.
MeehowsBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MeehowsBRZ For This Useful Post:
continuecrushing (06-26-2014), mikepaul21 (09-11-2014)