follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northern California

Northern California NorCal

User Tag List

Old 03-19-2014, 08:52 PM   #29
Pwolf

Drives: 2013 GBS BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,380 Times in 560 Posts
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntron1 View Post
Just another in the long list of reasons that California needs an earthquake to sink the entire state under the sea. Of course all the citizens should get to safety first while the politicians are left behind to rearrange the deck chairs on their modern day titanic.
Just give us a heads up so we can plan a drive out east before the state sinks :P
Old 03-19-2014, 09:35 PM   #30
Jesse1292

Drives: Black 2013 BRZ Limited M/T
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Damn, sorry to hear. I guess ive been pretty lucky since i havent been pulled over for mine.
Jesse1292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:04 PM   #31
PMok
Codename: Stitch

Drives: 91 MR2; 06 IS350; 16 BRZ; 18 CX-5
Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,307 Posts
Mentioned: 462 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefshayan View Post
Seriously.. douche-motorcycle cop was so uptight, I'm usually kind to them, but this guy was a real a-hole. Barely knew how to even ride his bike, almost tipped it over when he stopped me.
maybe i missed it, but what city were you pulled over in?
Old 03-19-2014, 10:41 PM   #32
Bach415

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMok View Post
maybe i missed it, but what city were you pulled over in?
I'm gonna say somewhere in East Bay. More towards Oakland
Bach415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:47 PM   #33
LuxuryVapes

Drives: 2013 Raven Scion Frs
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
He practically reffed you for non correctable everything needs to go back to OEM. I got no luck with the boys either got my first ticket in my FRS second day of owning it going 3mph over the speed limit lol jealous bastards
LuxuryVapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:11 PM   #34
uEih

Drives: CBS Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefshayan View Post
It's a Milltek and probably won't have a carb legal sticker as it's made in England. I don't get why he checked non-correctable, I did everything he said but he said he's seen me going fast in the past. He saw me a red light today and was behind me, didn't even see that I didn't have a front plate so I'm guessing I've been on his radar before and was waiting to get me good for anything he could.
I guess he's been eyeing you for a while and he's just hitting you with all this. When I go to bay area I always put back on my plate, they're a lot more strict there and meter maids will even hit you with the front plate ticket. I haven't had an issue except being pulled over once at 2 AM for no front plate, he just wanted a reason to pull me over and that was the reason. I had to take the sobriety test and he let me go without any fix it ticket or anything. Good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subiestyle View Post
The meter maids are also cracking down on missing front plates.

But OP should definitely appear in court ready with supporting documents for the legal exhaust.
Only in San Francisco do I see this, maybe LA also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxuryVapes View Post
He practically reffed you for non correctable everything needs to go back to OEM. I got no luck with the boys either got my first ticket in my FRS second day of owning it going 3mph over the speed limit lol jealous bastards
3 MPH over? Wow that's a little harsh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krispeee View Post
Dang, sorry to hear this. Guess I better put my plates on.

Last fix it ticket I got was from a CHP officer for front tints. I took them off, got it signed off by the local police department, and submitted the ticket + processing fee to get everything squared away.

Good luck with your situation. Should be good if you put your stock exhaust back and maybe get it signed off?
What tint did you have btw? Where did you get pulled over at? Bay area? I always try to lookout for CHP and roll my windows down, police officers seem to not care about that.
uEih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:11 PM   #35
chiefshayan

Drives: 2013 AT Firestorm FRS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxuryVapes View Post
After looking closer at some of the laws and reading the ticket over again, I cannot believe he gave me non-correctable for both infractions. It's basically a fix-it ticket with a fine attached. I'm in disbelief.
chiefshayan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chiefshayan For This Useful Post:
sdlynx (03-20-2014)
Old 03-19-2014, 11:42 PM   #36
Indestruct

Drives: 2013 SWP Limited BRZ, MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
So the bastard Oakland PD has pulled me twice in the last week or so for no front plates!!! Oakland PD has better things to be doing...I mean seriously, Oakland PD picking on hardworking Asians!! I'm finally giving up and buying that grimmspeed thing, what a waste of 70 bucks
Indestruct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:59 PM   #37
chiefshayan

Drives: 2013 AT Firestorm FRS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestruct View Post
So the bastard Oakland PD has pulled me twice in the last week or so for no front plates!!! Oakland PD has better things to be doing...I mean seriously, Oakland PD picking on hardworking Asians!! I'm finally giving up and buying that grimmspeed thing, what a waste of 70 bucks
Damn dude I just dropped 150$ for the raceseng one. Does your tickets say Non-correctable or correctable??
chiefshayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:28 AM   #38
415FRS

Drives: Red SCion FRS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Sorry to hear that. I just got my borla header in the mail too. Hopefully it doesnt get too loud with my trd catback and Vortech sc. :/

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
415FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:44 AM   #39
Caltrmptguy86

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S Whiteout
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Oh man, this is good to know. I was planning on taking off my front plates and installing an exhaust.

FYI. I found in the DMV website the regulation in relation to the plates https://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d03/vc5201.htm:
Quote:
5201. (a) License plates shall at all times be securely fastened to the vehicle for which they are issued so as to prevent the plates from swinging, shall be mounted in a position so as to be clearly visible, and so that the characters are upright and display from left to right, and shall be maintained in a condition so as to be clearly legible. The rear license plate shall be mounted not less than 12 inches nor more than 60 inches from the ground, and the front license plate shall be mounted not more than 60 inches from the ground, except as follows...
Plus a bunch of other stuff you can see by following the link.
Caltrmptguy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:57 AM   #40
uEih

Drives: CBS Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltrmptguy86 View Post
Oh man, this is good to know. I was planning on taking off my front plates and installing an exhaust.

FYI. I found in the DMV website the regulation in relation to the plates https://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d03/vc5201.htm:

Plus a bunch of other stuff you can see by following the link.
A lot of people still run without a front plate and upgraded exhaust. In the spotted thread OP was spotted by someone and he said their exhaust was LOUD so it must be pretty loud.
uEih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:00 AM   #41
415FRS

Drives: Red SCion FRS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by uEih View Post
A lot of people still run without a front plate and upgraded exhaust. In the spotted thread OP was spotted by someone and he said their exhaust was LOUD so it must be pretty loud.
Vortech sc with trd exhaust here. Have not been pulled over yet, but i am afraid the borla uel will get it too loud.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
415FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:08 AM   #42
Caltrmptguy86

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S Whiteout
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by uEih View Post
Haha, true. I guess I should have added that I'll make sure it's within legal limits.
Caltrmptguy86 is offline   Reply With Quote