follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 01-29-2020, 09:09 PM   #1
Drifter X

Drives: 2019 Toyota 86 TRD SE
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Relocate Mirror display for backup camera to aftermarket HU

Just wanted to let anyone know who's trying to achieve this. My twin MY19 came with the mirror display for the backup camera. A year ago, I decided to upgrade the sound system and I paid Crutchfield to pre-wire the HU so it'd be plug and play out of the box. To my disappointment, the camera still displayed in the mirror. No one has able to help me even their tech support was unable to help. Fast forward to January 2020, I got my camera display relocated to my HU with the help of a custom harness from www.autoharnesshouse.com. I thought I'd make a new thread because I know there's gonna be other people that wants to achieve this.

Edit: check out this page for where to tap the reverse signal: https://www.autoharnesshouse.com/19867_add.html
Edit: Email Brian at inquiry@autoharnesshouse.com. He'll hook you up with the custom harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Drifter X; 01-30-2020 at 04:35 PM.
Drifter X is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Drifter X For This Useful Post:
the new guy (01-29-2020)
Old 01-29-2020, 10:37 PM   #2
the new guy

Drives: 2014 Asphalt FR-S/2018 Thunder GT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Thanks for the link, can you share what harness you got and info for how it’s setup?
Old 01-30-2020, 04:33 PM   #3
Drifter X

Drives: 2019 Toyota 86 TRD SE
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by the new guy View Post
Thanks for the link, can you share what harness you got and info for how it’s setup?

Sorry forgot to mention this. Email Brian at inquiry@autoharnesshouse.com. it was a custom harness he made. Hes got everything saved for the next time someone needs this. It replaces the factory harness to the OEM camera on the trunk. You'd have to run a long RCA (not included) back to your head unit. The harness also comes with a long set of wires for ground and reverse signal to be tapped in the front. If you check out the page on his site: https://www.autoharnesshouse.com/19867_add.html
It will explain where to tap the reverse signal to trigger the HU to turn on the camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Drifter X is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Drifter X For This Useful Post:
the new guy (01-31-2020)