follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 06-08-2017, 05:14 PM   #15
1slowbrz

Drives: 2017 WRB BRZ PP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Model year: 2017
Trim e.g. Premium, Limited, Series Yellow: Limited Performance package
Type of Purchase: Financed (through Subaru, 2.49 for 72 months
Color: WRB
Upgrades/Options e.g. Performance Package: Popular package 3: auto dimming mirror w/ compass and homelink, bumper applique, cargo tray, and wheel locks
Price Paid (before TTL): $27,601 + $489 dealer fee - $500 loyalty coupon = $27590 + tax.
Dealership/Geographical Area: Colorado Springs.

MSRP: $30,260
1slowbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 05:35 PM   #16
BaatLuk

Drives: Evo X
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Well if it was a 55 Chevy 4 door hardtop with a broken frame and big buckle through the roof where the whole car bent then it may have been mine since that was exactly how I disposed of it. Took a week before somebody hauled it away.
That free car joke definitely added some entertainment value to this thread!

Let's keep the prices coming and build a reference guide for future buyers. The better informed we are, the less likely to get ripped off by a dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenfri View Post
Model year: 2017
Trim e.g. Premium, Limited, Series Yellow: Limited
Type of Purchase (ToP)(Lease, Finance, traded-in): Financed
Color: CWP
Upgrades/Options e.g. Performance Package: Performance Package only
Price Paid (before TTL): $26931, includes $200 loyalty certificate from Subaru Corp.
Dealership/Geographical Area: Northern VA
That's pretty much same car I am looking for. BRZ w/ performance package and nothing else. Since I also own a 2007 Legacy, how are you guys getting the loyalty discount? I've seen anywhere from $200 to $500. Is this a corporate program from Subaru or only at certain dealerships? The only information I am able to find here (http://www.subaru.com/shopping-tools...g-options.html) is rather vague:

Quote:
SMF and Subaru of America (SOA) offer special programs to assist Subaru drivers. SMF offers a College Graduate Program specifically for recent college graduates to help make it easier for them to finance or lease a new Subaru. SMF also offers Subaru Customer Loyalty discount programs for returning Subaru customers that includes incentives, such as rebates or loyalty cash offers.
I assume the College Graduate Program is not a cash rebate but simply to make it easier for fresh grads to qualify for the loan?
BaatLuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 06:09 PM   #17
cueball89

Drives: 23 BRZ 15 Impreza
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Model year: 2016
Trim: Premium
Type of Purchase: Cash
Color: Gray
Upgrades/Options: Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror
Price Paid (before TTL): $24999
Dealership/Geographical Area: Benedict Subaru Norwich, NY
cueball89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 06:28 PM   #18
iamsatan

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Premium WR Blue
Model year: 2013
Trim : Premium M/T
Type of Purchase: Financed
Color: WRB
Upgrades/Options: chrome fender trim, trunk appliqué, trunk liner
Price Paid (before TTL): $26,098 also had to put a deposit of $100
Dealership/Geographical Area: Irvine Subaru, Irvine, California

Bought in July 2013, I had just totaled my 05 Civic, needed a car ASAP, took 2 weeks to find a WRB Premium Manual that wasn't over MSRP.
iamsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 07:26 PM   #19
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2494 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaatLuk View Post

Let's keep the prices coming and build a reference guide for future buyers. The better informed we are, the less likely to get ripped off by a dealership.

That's pretty much same car I am looking for. BRZ w/ performance package and nothing else. Since I also own a 2007 Legacy, how are you guys getting the loyalty discount? I've seen anywhere from $200 to $500. Is this a corporate program from Subaru or only at certain dealerships? The only information I am able to find here (http://www.subaru.com/shopping-tools...g-options.html) is rather vague:

I assume the College Graduate Program is not a cash rebate but simply to make it easier for fresh grads to qualify for the loan?
LOL it was 1974 and I had about $250 invested in the car. Would have cost me more for a tow than it was worth.

Everybody needs to remember that supply and demand still rules though. A guy getting the car for dirt cheap in Buttfukk Idaho where they have 10 and have sold 2 is not the same as the one in LA where there could be a waiting list.
Some regions may even be offering dealers incentives so they can sell cheaper while others don't. There is not a huge markup on this car and dealers are not going to sell at a loss and just because they won't doesn't mean they are ripping people off.

Comparing prices across the whole country can be deceiving and people should really stick to an area about 100 miles around them.
Old 06-08-2017, 09:02 PM   #20
mav1178

Drives: 2005 Toyota Camry
Thanked 6,092 Times in 3,029 Posts
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
for this type of survey to be useful, it's almost better to create a form on Google Docs and share it publicly.
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mav1178 For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (06-08-2017)
Old 06-08-2017, 11:57 PM   #21
BaatLuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
LOL it was 1974 and I had about $250 invested in the car. Would have cost me more for a tow than it was worth.

Everybody needs to remember that supply and demand still rules though. A guy getting the car for dirt cheap in Buttfukk Idaho where they have 10 and have sold 2 is not the same as the one in LA where there could be a waiting list.
Some regions may even be offering dealers incentives so they can sell cheaper while others don't. There is not a huge markup on this car and dealers are not going to sell at a loss and just because they won't doesn't mean they are ripping people off.

Comparing prices across the whole country can be deceiving and people should really stick to an area about 100 miles around them.
*heads to Buttfukk Idaho. Joking aside, last time I bought a car, I found a price paid thread and it really helped me land the best deal in town. I noticed what people were paying was lower than the lowest price listed on Truecar. I understand there are regional, seasonal differences and definitely supply and demand determines (almost) everything. I know not all dealerships are evil but I've also heard stories where some poor lady paid MSRP + markup for a base Altima with a 9% interest loan. Hence I put "Dealership/Geographical Area" there to give people an idea how much everyone else is paying in their area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
for this type of survey to be useful, it's almost better to create a form on Google Docs and share it publicly.
Great idea! I can certainly put together a public Google Sheet. However, my only concerns are people won't bother going to a separate page to enter the info and version controlling. If there is enough interest, I will go ahead and make one.
Old 06-09-2017, 01:17 AM   #22
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,466 Times in 3,205 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
the problem with that is anyone can submit and put it under any username. here at least it's definitely tied to the poster.
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 01:27 AM   #23
mav1178

Drives: 2005 Toyota Camry
Thanked 6,092 Times in 3,029 Posts
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
the problem with that is anyone can submit and put it under any username. here at least it's definitely tied to the poster.
even better is if the form submission is done without user name input. This way, people can actually aggregate this info.

if someone really wanted to screw with the sampling, they can easily create 20 user names on here too... this is not meant to be scientific nor accurate. I don't care who posts the info, I care about the accuracy of the data, and unless we all publish the bill of sale we can't truly know what we each paid for.

Here, I created a sample form for reference. This can be pushed out to aggregate responses, published as a viewable/editable document, or even published on a website if you pull the data off the cells.

https://goo.gl/forms/bzMTz5mSGeNFdGFy2
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 09:51 AM   #24
goldenfri

Drives: 2017 BRZ Limited PP
Send a message via AIM to goldenfri
Quote:

Just call up subaru corp and ask (number is 800 5-subaru I think?). They will ask for the VIN of your other subaru then give you a coupon in the mail if they are feeling nice. I think you get $500 if your other subaru had a service plan or something. I got $200 as a "courtesy" shrug.
goldenfri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 10:57 AM   #25
1slowbrz

Drives: 2017 WRB BRZ PP
Quote:
Just call up subaru corp and ask (number is 800 5-subaru I think?). They will ask for the VIN of your other subaru then give you a coupon in the mail if they are feeling nice. I think you get $500 if your other subaru had a service plan or something. I got $200 as a "courtesy" shrug.

That is correct, my 2016 STI had a maintenance plan "thrown in" on the deal and the only good I got out of it was it came with a Coupon for $500 off a new Subaru purchase from 4 years from the date of my purchase.

There is also the Subaru ambassador coupon for $500 which would work, just not in combination with any other offer; if you can talk your way in to one of those.
1slowbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 12:04 PM   #26
BaatLuk

Quote:
Thanks for the tip! $200 for a simple phone call sounds good to me

How long was the coupon good for do you remember?

Definitely some great deals in this thread, keep them coming!
Old 06-09-2017, 01:15 PM   #27
ejasons

Drives: 2017 White BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Thanks for the tip! $200 for a simple phone call sounds good to me

How long was the coupon good for do you remember?

Definitely some great deals in this thread, keep them coming!
I guess that I was lucky. I had recently sold my 2008 STI (no service plan), which was my second STI, and they sent me a $500 coupon, which I was able to combine with my $775 in expiring Subaru Bucks (which I was able to subtract from a $400 below invoice quote). The coupon would have expired after a year...

Anyway, I did add the auto-dimming mirror, fog lights, and cargo mat, so my price for a 2017 Premium (white) ended up being a bit over $24000 before $500 or so in DMV and doc fees (no sales tax in Oregon). But, the Subaru Bucks shouldn't really be included when comparing that price, as that was something that I earned via my credit card...
ejasons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 02:22 AM   #28
BaatLuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejasons View Post
I guess that I was lucky. I had recently sold my 2008 STI (no service plan), which was my second STI, and they sent me a $500 coupon, which I was able to combine with my $775 in expiring Subaru Bucks (which I was able to subtract from a $400 below invoice quote). The coupon would have expired after a year...

Anyway, I did add the auto-dimming mirror, fog lights, and cargo mat, so my price for a 2017 Premium (white) ended up being a bit over $24000 before $500 or so in DMV and doc fees (no sales tax in Oregon). But, the Subaru Bucks shouldn't really be included when comparing that price, as that was something that I earned via my credit card...
Did Subaru just send you the loyalty coupon in the mail? Anyone has a picture of it? Don't think I've ever gotten one but also could have tossed it thinking it was junk mail. For those of you who used a loyalty coupon and/or Subaru bucks, I assume you only busted out those after you got your best price?

When ordering a car, have you guys been able to negotiate much beyond what the dealer originally offered? Seems like $300-500 off invoice is the usual deal.