follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 07-07-2020, 02:59 AM   #1
Sam86

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Australian United e85 OFT coldstart map

Hi guys,

Originally planned to use one of the many available cold start maps on here until I was told that the ethanol content in Australian e85 is slightly different to the states. Would like be on the safer side and find something more specific to my circumstances.

Don't feel comfortable winging it with a map off youtube, so any fellow Australian's have a specific OFT stage 2+ e85 tune edit they use for an almost guaranteed successful start? I'll be filling from the United petrol station near me (incase their e85 is different from any other e85 providers??? eg United 98 vs BP 98 octane).

Been in a situation where I wasn't able to start my car for several cranks (battery related) and not gonna lie it was pretty embarrassing so would like to save myself from a repeat situation.

- Also is it safe to use a coldstart tune year round? or do people alter the tune as the weather gets warmer?

Thanks
Sam86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 06:33 AM   #2
sneaky_pete

Drives: MY14 86 GTS Manual Velocity Orange
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
try here: http://www.wayneroms.com/

I don't know the answers to your questions on E85 but these ROMs are developed in Oz so should be based on our fuel.

I am using a Stage 2+ tune from that site but on 98 ULP. the map has changed the cold start to stop dumping so much fuel in to warm up the catalytic converter in the headers I believe. I am running a UEL catless header.

from what I have read his tunes are very good.
sneaky_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 08:09 AM   #3
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam86 View Post
Hi guys,

Originally planned to use one of the many available cold start maps on here until I was told that the ethanol content in Australian e85 is slightly different to the states. Would like be on the safer side and find something more specific to my circumstances.

Don't feel comfortable winging it with a map off youtube, so any fellow Australian's have a specific OFT stage 2+ e85 tune edit they use for an almost guaranteed successful start? I'll be filling from the United petrol station near me (incase their e85 is different from any other e85 providers??? eg United 98 vs BP 98 octane).

Been in a situation where I wasn't able to start my car for several cranks (battery related) and not gonna lie it was pretty embarrassing so would like to save myself from a repeat situation.

- Also is it safe to use a coldstart tune year round? or do people alter the tune as the weather gets warmer?

Thanks

Im in australia can sort you out with e85 tunes that start first time on united high etganol content E85 and petrol tunes for aussie 98 ron. just message me
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 10:23 PM   #4
BiggieV

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86 GTS
Hey Steve
I messaged you. I have the same cold start issue on united e85!
BiggieV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BiggieV For This Useful Post:
steve99 (07-30-2020)
Old 08-06-2020, 03:49 PM   #5
Flukester

Drives: 2019 BRZ - Raiu
Hello Sam86.

I am not in Australia and do not run E85. However, I'm getting good results with Wayne's ROMs with a catless UEL header. For *petrol*, Wayne has a few ROMs (lean-2%, default, rich+2%, rich+4%), for different types of headers and also for different octane levels. I think there were 16 ROMs in total if I am not mistaken. All this from the combination of options (petrol, Stg2, etc).

I am not sure what ROMs/maps he has for E85 but I think it's worth investigating. Spend some time reading his website, there is a lot of information in there!

Good luck,

Fluke
Flukester is offline   Reply With Quote