follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 10-16-2011, 09:06 AM   #71
suprachica79

Drives: free Hyundai, 2006 Kawasaki ZX6R
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 82mm 4g63 View Post
No, not even remotely. lol

If a Supra came out anything other than a Toyota, I would be disappointed. Lexus, I would deal with, Scion? shame on toyota
suprachica79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:57 PM   #72
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
agreed

anyone that wants a Scion Supra gtfo

why ruin all the pedigree and history to support your failing "youth" lame ass marketing brand
Mr.Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:35 PM   #73
blur
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Drives: E36 5.7 V8
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Considering the fact that theres going to be a scion FR-S here and Toyota FR-S everywhere else I could care less about the badge.

And speaking of racing heritage, does toyota have any racing teams anymore? And frankly I don't see how the Lexus LFA wouldn't ruin the toyota racing pedigree but scion FR-S could. It's still toyota, any way you slice it.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:49 PM   #74
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Drives: Accord 2.0T, Silverado
Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,072 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vh_supra26 View Post
+1, why would they secure the trademark on the Supra Name if they have no plans on using it.
Maybe so nobody else does?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blur View Post
Considering the fact that theres going to be a scion FR-S here and Toyota FR-S everywhere else I could care less about the badge.

And speaking of racing heritage, does toyota have any racing teams anymore? And frankly I don't see how the Lexus LFA wouldn't ruin the toyota racing pedigree but scion FR-S could. It's still toyota, any way you slice it.
Toyota announced they're coming back to ALMS with a new LMP. And then there's NASCAR...

Really though, the brand elitist will just stick their fingers in their ears and say "LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU" even if it's all the same shit under the hood. I couldn't care less what the marque is, as long as the car is reliable and suits my needs.
n2oinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:59 PM   #75
Slide
Banned

Drives: Toyota Aristo
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Pleaded Toyota don't call it frs downunder! Gay name is gay.
Slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:06 PM   #76
Sea1monkey2

Drives: 2003 Impala
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2oinferno View Post
Toyota announced they're coming back to ALMS with a new LMP. And then there's NASCAR...

Really though, the brand elitist will just stick their fingers in their ears and say "LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU" even if it's all the same shit under the hood. I couldn't care less what the marque is, as long as the car is reliable and suits my needs.
+1. I like toyota because they make strong, reliable, and (sometimes secretly) exciting, fun cars. The badge exemplifies that, and Lexus and Scion share that. Make a good car, sell it. The badges don't matter as long as it's the same thing underneath.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:57 AM   #77
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blur View Post

I can understand the Lexus LFA consider its hypercar status it should be the halo car in their high end brand

and Scion FRS doesn't ruin anything as the FRS is a brand new car that is inspired by a toyota legend were as calling a Supra a Scion would be throwing away everything the mk1-4 did for toyota
Mr.Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:56 AM   #78
vh_supra26
Site Moderator

Drives: Supra
Thanked 2,181 Times in 964 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2oinferno View Post
Maybe so nobody else does?
I don't think any other automaker is interested in using the Supra nameplate. And even if they are why would Toyota care if they aren't intending to use it in the near future. And sources have said that a new Lexus SC is coming in 2014 that would also go hand in hand with this 2014 Supra rumor.
vh_supra26 is offline   Reply With Quote