follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 08:09 PM   #1
UMB FR-S

Drives: Ultramarine Blue FR-S
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
DO NOT BUY FROM NLmotoring

hey guys i figured i would post up a little blurb about my recent experience with the worst customer service I have ever had.

I recently ordered a set of XXR 530 rims from NLmotoring due to their reasonable pricing and only dealer of bronze xxr wheels I thought this would go through like any other order but boy was I mistaken. 2 days after ordering the rims I received a phone call saying that they would need additional information to verify my CC payment. I thought this was quite odd and took a look at the form which needed a photo ID and a picture of the front of the visa used. I thought this was quite invasive of a process and so I called them up and questioned the process. After being told that it was the only way to get the order placed I filled out the form and waited for the 2nd form to be filled out also (I also ordered a set of rims on the weekend for my parents 350z and needed their CC and photo id for their order under my name). Before i even got to sending the information back to them I received an email saying my order had been cancelled.

pretty frustrated I replied to the email with the information they requested asking to reinstate the order. Didn't hear anything for the next day so after work I called them to see what is going on. They had no looked at the email yet and told me they would now process it. A few more hours go by and i receive this email

"Kenny,

It looks like after further investigation our Fraud department made the decision that we were going to have this order canceled and we will not be able to fill it. There have been massive amounts of fraudulent transactions coming out of Canada lately so they are being very careful with Canadian orders at the current time.

The only way we will be able to currently accept your order is if you place a new order via paypal and we ship directly to the confirmed address that is on file with paypal.

Thanks!

Joe C.
Next Level Motoring"

I then called them again saying to ship to my address doesn't make sense due to the excessive brokerage charges we get when shipping over the border. 4 wheels would probably get 200+ dollars of charges just to get across the border then add on the extra shipping charge to Canada. I told them I could send payment through paypal if that was any better. In the end I was pretty much told you cannot buy from us unless you ship it to your door.

Now after having made many car purchases from the US with no issues i have to say this whole ordeal has been flabbergasting. I can barely comprehend the fact that I was just told no you cannot buy from us pretty much. I tried to make this possible in any way and was just told no.

hopefully this can be used as a warning of how they treat their customers and saves someone else some frustration. Looks like I'm looking for for some new bronze wheels.....
The Following User Says Thank You to UMB FR-S For This Useful Post:
YouShallKnow (03-19-2015)
Old 03-18-2015, 08:29 PM   #2
dtrop

Drives: Wrb 2014 limited brZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
No offense, but your title is pretty bold and possibly a misrepresentation of the company.

I have ordered two sets of wheels from this site and have had zero issues related to payments. I even had them shipped to my work and not my residential address.

This site is widely used for xxr wheels and I can't recall any member having payment issues.

On a side note, tircrazy.com also sell xxr wheels and I have found them to have better prices than nlmotoring and sometimes free shipping ( though it might have only been u.s addresses).

Last edited by dtrop; 03-18-2015 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Add
Old 03-18-2015, 08:31 PM   #3
nastynate88

Drives: 2014 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Yea, something's not adding up here. Why can't they ship the wheels to your home?

It looks like they're just trying to do the right thing; I'd be pissed if someone stole my Credit Card and bought some rims to get shipped to Canada.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:38 PM   #4
UMB FR-S

Garage
they can ship to Canada but the extra brokerage costs with the added costs of shipping to Canada is quite big probably 300$ for a set of 500$ rims. its not cost effective to ship items into Canada. Any other parts I've ordered have all been ordered to Ogdensburg UPS store with no issues until I dealt with these guys.

And yes my title is bold but when you treat a customer as I have just been treated there should be consequences.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:42 PM   #5
dtrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMB FR-S View Post
they can ship to Canada but the extra brokerage costs with the added costs of shipping to Canada is quite big probably 300$ for a set of 500$ rims. its not cost effective to ship items into Canada. Any other parts I've ordered have all been ordered to Ogdensburg UPS store with no issues until I dealt with these guys.

And yes my title is bold but when you treat a customer as I have just been treated there should be consequences.
But it doesn't sound like you were mistreated.......it sounds like your information isn't correct or seems fishy From their point of view.

They have every right to cancel an order.

Last edited by dtrop; 03-18-2015 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Add
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dtrop For This Useful Post:
nastynate88 (03-18-2015), No Limit Motorsport (01-12-2016)
Old 03-18-2015, 08:47 PM   #6
nastynate88

Drives: 2014 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

You are not being mistreated. Their bank is telling them to be cautious with CC transactions coming from Canada, you're asking them to ship it to a UPS store, and you're refusing to have them ship it to your door via paypal.

Very suspect indeed.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:59 PM   #7
UMB FR-S

Garage
yes its very suspect to not incur large amounts of shipping charges. anyone near a border in Canada does not ship to their door it just doesn't make sense.

if you could ship an hour away and save 300$ would you be shipping to your door?

as for my information their is nothing wrong with it and I asked them if their was any extra information I could give them to make them satisfied they said nope.

I just ordered tires from tire rack for the 3rd time this year with the same information without an issue and just ordered suspension parts from TF-works without an issue also.

Its not my stuff with the problem.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:10 PM   #8
stevesnj

Drives: 2016 FR-S Oceanic Blue
Thanked 1,601 Times in 923 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Just order from someplace else

My 2016 Build thread

TRD Exhaust with custom quad tips, TRD Lowering Springs,TRD Quick shifter,LED;DRL, Projectors, and turn signals. Re-badge, 86 Nanny, WinmaxW2 Pads, K&N Drop In, Antenna delete
Old 03-18-2015, 09:13 PM   #9
dtrop

Well something about your information has triggered a red flag and you really should just let it go. Your issue isn't really a big deal....you didn't lose any money during this process and have suffered no more than exchanging emails and phone conversations.

They are running a business and I'm sure they have policies to follow. Like I said, you have been the only one I have noticed having an ordering issue with them.

Last edited by dtrop; 03-18-2015 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Edit
Old 03-18-2015, 09:24 PM   #10
UMB FR-S

Garage
nobody else has bronze xxr wheels.

and yes I could drop it but when it comes down to it, it is poor customer service and its really unacceptable.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:31 PM   #11
dtrop

Quote:
nobody else has bronze xxr wheels.

and yes I could drop it but when it comes down to it, it is poor customer service and its really unacceptable.

No, just a poor customer.
The Following User Says Thank You to dtrop For This Useful Post:
Dimman (03-20-2015)
Old 03-18-2015, 09:39 PM   #12
Vampyre

Drives: 2014 FR-S Asphalt
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrop View Post
No, just a poor customer.
I agree with this. While I am all for trying to get stuff as cheap as possible, this is circumventing international trade laws. Who knows if our country or the state they are in has started enforcing thing more or made laws making it more difficult to do what you are trying to accomplish. Try another company and maybe it will work out better. It might end up the same. Lots of minor little commerce laws change here year to year and state to state.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:48 PM   #13
UMB FR-S

Garage
No laws are being circumvented. I pay taxes when returning to Canada as I would have to on shipped items. The costs I am circumventing are surcharges incurred by the shipping company to cross the items into Canada these charges vary on the item but fluctuate between 50 - 100 dollars. With 4 boxes that becomes expensive. The then is the additional cost just to have the item shipped in Canada. Like I said there is nothing wrong with what I am doing. I would like to buy an advertised product at listed price and with the added shipping cost to a ups store. There is 0 things wrong with the way I order my products.
Tcoat (03-23-2015)
Old 03-18-2015, 10:02 PM   #14
dtrop

It doesn't matter what you think at this point. If the company doesn't feel comfortable for whatever reason, they have complete control in which orders they fulfill. If they have an uncertainty, they aren't going to create a lability just to satisfy a customer.

I ship my tires/wheels to my work, which although is 20 minutes away, it's in a different state. It was also around $40cheaper to ship to la business rather than residential. I understand completely what you're doing, but something is raising a flag for them and they are simply protecting themselves.

Last edited by dtrop; 03-18-2015 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Edit

Closed Thread