follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 06-03-2015, 08:22 PM   #2353
enivid

Drives: WRB JR BRZED
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How about just getting the delicious tune so you don't have to deal with all these MAF issues.
enivid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:28 PM   #2354
CSG David

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 1,721 Times in 956 Posts
Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by enivid View Post
How about just getting the delicious tune so you don't have to deal with all these MAF issues.
We have a pretty awesome refined hybrid...
CSG David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:34 PM   #2355
CSG Mike

Thanked 14,178 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
There's a reason the kit comes with a new MAF ring...
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 09:07 PM   #2356
enivid

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG David View Post
We have a pretty awesome refined hybrid...
Your Church tune? Wish I was in Cali. Would love to try it out.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:36 PM   #2357
alpax

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ AT JRSC
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
You think another tune will fix the possible leak around MAF sensor?

Actually it should probably work, if it'd take into account the actual MAF sensor data in that condition, but I'm not sure it would be the right approach.
alpax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 09:46 PM   #2358
CSG David

Quote:
Your Church tune? Wish I was in Cali. Would love to try it out.
We've had a lot of dyno time and probably all the starting tunes that get plugged into the cars now just before refinement actually came from working on our car. In other words, you're welcome. LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpax View Post

Actually it should probably work, if it'd take into account the actual MAF sensor data in that condition, but I'm not sure it would be the right approach.
Delicious Tuning uses a MAP sensor and tunes via Speed Density, hence why @enivid talked about going the DT tuning route.

We do like the Flex Fuel that DT has offered to the market. We are selling the DT FF kits and have helped a few get their setups started.
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG David For This Useful Post:
alpax (06-03-2015)
Old 06-03-2015, 09:46 PM   #2359
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Thanked 3,796 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpax View Post

I would guess a pure speed density tune (using the MAP sensor) would completely get around the problem.
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BigFatFlip For This Useful Post:
alpax (06-03-2015)
Old 06-03-2015, 09:59 PM   #2360
alpax

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ AT JRSC
Quote:
Delicious Tuning uses a MAP sensor and tunes via Speed Density, hence why @enivid talked about going the DT tuning route.
Ah, got it. Thanks for the clarification - I missed that small detail. Now it makes sense to me.
alpax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 10:42 PM   #2361
dj2020

Drives: BRZ
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
We've had a lot of dyno time and probably all the starting tunes that get plugged into the cars now just before refinement actually came from working on our car. In other words, you're welcome. LMAO

We do like the Flex Fuel that DT has offered to the market. We are selling the DT FF kits and have helped a few get their setups started.

Church comes by Vegas twice a month or so and I would be interested in a more refined and mature tune that was developed with the CSG cars. Has Shawn Church worked on a flex fuel tune on your company cars? I'm concerned about getting a tune that is as drivable at low speeds/partial throttle as my current CARB tune.

My other option would be just going with the DT Flex Fuel Kit with their Flash n Go tune. Is a pure speed density tune as drivable and refined as a hybrid tune? Both types of tubes would require upgraded fuel injectors and MAP sensor?

Thanks for the insight.
dj2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 11:18 PM   #2362
CSG David

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj2020 View Post
Church comes by Vegas twice a month or so and I would be interested in a more refined and mature tune that was developed with the CSG cars. Has Shawn Church worked on a flex fuel tune on your company cars? I'm concerned about getting a tune that is as drivable at low speeds/partial throttle as my current CARB tune.

My other option would be just going with the DT Flex Fuel Kit with their Flash n Go tune. Is a pure speed density tune as drivable and refined as a hybrid tune? Both types of tubes would require upgraded fuel injectors and MAP sensor?

Thanks for the insight.
Well it's more like he has a solid idea on the base to start with. Every car is different so if you were to ever look at the refined tunes of two identical cars, they are actually pretty different, that's not to say that the CARB tune itself is bad...it's actually cultivation of hundreds of hours on the dyno and testing on multiple cars to create that tune...

Church uses a Dynapack and that allows Church to dial in the parameters for the types of driving you will do on a daily basis and what you do on the track. Custom tune on the dyno is recommended.

DT has a good Flash and Go tune available for our cars. Driveability is good and on top of that DT is constantly refining his tunes. Hybrid (MAP & MAF) takes longer to build and may test the patience of certain people, however, Church did our tune without any issues.

Our car has the DT FF kit and is tuned by Church. He will have no issues dialing in the FF kits whether you are NA or FI.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CSG David For This Useful Post:
dj2020 (06-03-2015), Jmonty (06-05-2015)
Old 06-03-2015, 11:58 PM   #2363
Xerious
Speed Chaser Thrill Seekr

Drives: 2014 Asphalt Monogram FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
I can say I'm very happy with my Church hybrid tune. No flex fuel for me yet but will consider it in the future.
Xerious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 12:17 AM   #2364
dj2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerious View Post
I can say I'm very happy with my Church hybrid tune. No flex fuel for me yet but will consider it in the future.

Did you have to get a larger MAP sensor for your hybrid tune? Did you ever run with the CARB tune? Any difference in feel, drivability and power?
The Following User Says Thank You to dj2020 For This Useful Post:
Xerious (06-04-2015)
Old 06-04-2015, 01:19 AM   #2365
enivid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj2020 View Post
Thanks for the insight.
Hmmmm, I'd drive to Vegas for his tune. I'll have to talk to him.

I have the JR CARB MAF tune, dyno MAF tune, 2 etune hybrid tunes, and the Delicious speed density tune. Believe it or not, the full speed density tune has been the best at low speeds/partial throttle.
The Following User Says Thank You to enivid For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2015, 01:31 AM   #2366
dj2020

Quote:
Hmmmm, I'd drive to Vegas for his tune. I'll have to talk to him.

I have the JR CARB MAF tune, dyno MAF tune, 2 etune hybrid tunes, and the Delicious speed density tune. Believe it or not, the full speed density tune has been the best at low speeds/partial throttle.

Thanks for your insight. Just trying to figure out which direction to go with my next round of mods. With a FnG Flex Fuel tune from DT, I can just do the injector and MAP install at home, flash, and be done with it. Heck, I might even throw in a cat less header while I'm at it. But if I go with a custom tune with Church, I imagine I would have to tow my car to him when he's in town.