follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

AUSTRALIA Australia and New Zealand

User Tag List

Old 06-17-2021, 02:15 AM   #1
Peanuts

Drives: 2015 Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone running catless headers in NSW?

Just wondering cause I'm running catless header and E85 with OFT tune and I doubt my car would pass emissions fully.
Trying to either figure out if I need to chuck another cat in, or if my worries can be eased.

Mainly worried about the potential for being sent directly to a testing center without a change to swap back to stock or change my tune beforehand
Peanuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 07:45 AM   #2
Nigruto

Drives: Toyota 86 2013 Manual
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuts View Post
Just wondering cause I'm running catless header and E85 with OFT tune and I doubt my car would pass emissions fully.
Trying to either figure out if I need to chuck another cat in, or if my worries can be eased.

Mainly worried about the potential for being sent directly to a testing center without a change to swap back to stock or change my tune beforehand

You’re in the same boat as me except I am turbocharged

E85 runs cleaner and you still have one 200 cell cat in the stock front pipe? Don’t think it will pass if you have a tune on it as the E85 tune takes into account that you have a catless header. Adding a cat still wouldn’t make you pass unless you tune for it.

Similarly I have one cat and am turbocharged, but if I add another cat without detuning for it I will still fail emissions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nigruto is offline   Reply With Quote