follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 02-28-2016, 02:28 AM   #645
soulreapersteve
Contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Drives: An orange cone with flappy paddles
Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,703 Posts
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Spent the whole day with @Ultramaroon.

What a bundle of energy.

Time to catch some zzzzz's
The Twins make me smile
The Following User Says Thank You to soulreapersteve For This Useful Post:
jawn (02-28-2016)
Old 02-28-2016, 02:37 AM   #646
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,469 Times in 18,894 Posts
Mentioned: 1106 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulreapersteve View Post
Spent the whole day with @Ultramaroon.

What a bundle of energy.

Time to catch some zzzzz's
lol your car wasn't broken enough.
Old 02-28-2016, 11:21 AM   #647
Crashdummy
too much is never enough.

Drives: 2015 FR-S RS1.0, 2005 Corolla XRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
Ugh, I thought I've fixed my desktop... but I was wrong. Once a while I try to play a movie, PC restarts & when it restarts, it doesn't show anything on the monitor. Maybe graphics card?
U may have a memory stick going bad. I've come across that that a few times when i was repairing PC's awhile ago.

A program called "memtest" should tell you yes or no

or the program you use to view the video is messed up.

Nanako's Mod Thread
Old 02-28-2016, 11:22 AM   #648
rice_classic

Drives: Nevermorange FRS
Thanked 4,200 Times in 1,803 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
We're just Horses

Random thought.

Before mankind civilized, when we were still hunter/gatherers, there was no human use for horses, humans had no idea the value a horse was to them, yet. The horse population was tiny. Then mankind learned how control their food supply about 10,000 years ago as the neolithic era began and suddenly mankind had a use for horses, a big use. For thousands of years horses were a lot of things but primarily function of transportation. They had "jobs". Their population as a result grew exponentially to fill those jobs or more succinctly, their population was "grown" to fit that need and there were lots of horses. Fast forward to the industrial age when horses are replaced by machines.. in farming, transport and pretty much any job there was for a horse. The horse population has dropped back to pre-neolithic numbers in just under 100 years due to 'industrialization'.

Why does that keep me up at night?

Robots, more aptly, artificial intelligence, will eventually have the same affect on humans as industrialization had on horses. AI will be the next 'industrialized age' but AI-industrialization will replace all the functions a human has in the production of everything and anything. The human necessity will drop to <10%. 90% of human beings will be essentially irrelevant for anything. Like the horses, our population will should fall in lockstep with this change but unlike horses, we have strong social, biological and religious attachments to prolific reproduction. If the AI replacement of our labor happens in-pace with a falling reproduction rate (like what's happening in Japan) then the replacement of humans with AI may have limited interruptions but if human jobs are rapidly replaced by AI, wiping out the human need in entire industries, in 1 or 2 generations then it will be catastrophic. The peaceful reduction of the population would come from a rapid reduction in human reproduction. I don't see that happening so the rapid reduction of the population will most likely have to happen via death.

And I'm not done there.

Let's fast forward to the logical conclusion and assume that the AI replacement of humans doesn't result in a Terminator like future (let's hope!) but instead maybe closer to that of Wall-E. When humans become irrelevant regarding the production of everything/anything, when it's all done for us.. will money still be relevant? Would there even be a need for an 'economy'? What will the reduction in the human population look like?

Today we're horses in high demand, tomorrow we won't be.

So that's my random thought today.
Old 02-28-2016, 11:23 AM   #649
p1l0t

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Hyperblue
Thanked 9,371 Times in 4,813 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
U may have a memory stick going bad. I've come across that that a few times when i was repairing PC's awhile ago.

Yeah I'd say it's probably the program crashing. (Which could be memory related though)

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Old 02-28-2016, 03:17 PM   #650
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,046 Times in 8,323 Posts
Mentioned: 676 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post

There are few problem.
1. I'm a newbie. IDK shit bout PC. Few wks back, I've replaced RAMS for the first time, I tap my shoulder for good job. I'm pretty sure it's easy for you guys, but I've no clue.
2. I can't run the program, cuz when I turn on the PC, I get black screen. I see that PC is running... but nothing is showing up on the monitor.
Old 02-28-2016, 03:24 PM   #651
jawn

Drives: 2015 CWP BRZ Limited
Thanked 3,946 Times in 1,757 Posts
Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Quote:
There are few problem.
1. I'm a newbie. IDK shit bout PC. Few wks back, I've replaced RAMS for the first time, I tap my shoulder for good job. I'm pretty sure it's easy for you guys, but I've no clue.
2. I can't run the program, cuz when I turn on the PC, I get black screen. I see that PC is running... but nothing is showing up on the monitor.
Boot into your BIOS and check your RAM speed settings. The new RAM may be faster or slower than your old RAM, and your motherboard may not have adjusted.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:36 PM   #652
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawn View Post
Boot into your BIOS and check your RAM speed settings. The new RAM may be faster or slower than your old RAM, and your motherboard may not have adjusted.
Again, 1. what's BIOS? & 2. monitor isn't showing anything.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:45 PM   #653
Talus1

Drives: '06 Cayman, ‘23 BRZ Sport-Tech
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_classic View Post
90% of human beings will be essentially irrelevant for anything.
I kind of feel like we've already reached this point...
rice_classic (02-28-2016)
Old 02-28-2016, 05:58 PM   #654
p1l0t

Quote:
Bios is the motherboard's built in OS. If just have a blank screen though it may not even be getting to that. Was there any strange beeps from the board? Although it could just be a problem with monitor itself or the video card or a connection etc.. does the PC appear to be doing a normal boot and just not showing anything on the screen or os it doing something strange or not really doing anything. Sometimes you have to pay close attention to the beeps and lights to try and figure put what is working. If you think it's the video card you could try plugging the monitor into the motherboard itself (if there is an onboard option). Or if you happen to have an old video card laying around..

Old 02-28-2016, 06:00 PM   #655
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,907 Times in 11,362 Posts
Mentioned: 181 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Start with the obvious first.

If the monitor really isn't showing anything, could it be the monitor? Check the monitor setting to makes sure it isn't on the wrong input, verify the cables are tight, etc. If all of that is successful, can you plug in another monitor, or maybe connect your PC to your TV (most of them have VGA type connections on them these days).

It its not the monitor (because you have ruled that out trying a new good one) you go from there. If you are getting no display that would be difficult. You'd want to reseat the memory, etc. Ultimately you may have to replace the video card assuming you have a separate one. Maybe a buddy has an old one that you can borrow long enough to see if that works before you spend money on one (again, assuming this is a desktop and not a laptop).

EDIT: ugm what @p1l0t said!

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
The Following User Says Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
p1l0t (02-28-2016)
Old 02-28-2016, 06:21 PM   #656
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1l0t View Post
Bios is the motherboard's built in OS. If just have a blank screen though it may not even be getting to that. Was there any strange beeps from the board? Although it could just be a problem with monitor itself or the video card or a connection etc.. does the PC appear to be doing a normal boot and just not showing anything on the screen or os it doing something strange or not really doing anything. Sometimes you have to pay close attention to the beeps and lights to try and figure put what is working. If you think it's the video card you could try plugging the monitor into the motherboard itself (if there is an onboard option). Or if you happen to have an old video card laying around..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
Start with the obvious first.

If the monitor really isn't showing anything, could it be the monitor? Check the monitor setting to makes sure it isn't on the wrong input, verify the cables are tight, etc. If all of that is successful, can you plug in another monitor, or maybe connect your PC to your TV (most of them have VGA type connections on them these days).

It its not the monitor (because you have ruled that out trying a new good one) you go from there. If you are getting no display that would be difficult. You'd want to reseat the memory, etc. Ultimately you may have to replace the video card assuming you have a separate one. Maybe a buddy has an old one that you can borrow long enough to see if that works before you spend money on one (again, assuming this is a desktop and not a laptop).

EDIT: ugm what @p1l0t said!
Yup, made sure monitor is working by used VGI cable & connected to laptop. Monitor work perfectly. I'm using DVI, instead of VGI for desktop... so DVI cable went down is possible.
Old 02-28-2016, 09:11 PM   #657
p1l0t

Quote:
Yup, made sure monitor is working by used VGI cable & connected to laptop. Monitor work perfectly. I'm using DVI, instead of VGI for desktop... so DVI cable went down is possible.
So you need to figure out now whether it's the video card or cable or not. Of course this requires either a different cable and/or a different card. Although some motherboards have on-board video that you could plug into.

The Following User Says Thank You to p1l0t For This Useful Post:
ichitaka05 (02-28-2016)
Old 02-28-2016, 09:46 PM   #658
jawn

Drives: 2015 CWP BRZ Limited
Thanked 3,946 Times in 1,757 Posts
Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Anybody watching the Oscars?
Closed Thread

Tags
aching balls, ass or gtfo, germanystrikesback, guff approved, human resources, i don't wanna go to prom, i lurk, i participated, i read this thread, i'm so gay, ichi has crabs, ichi is in denial, imanage can't manage, in god we thrust, me worry?, member berries, never forget, no politics, nothing for you!!!, nsfp, omg i can't catch up! :(, poo on my chest, post #696 review on ichi, sapphireho sucks!, specialk watches you post, special_k is a lurker, tcoat is as tcoat does, tcoat is dead, tcoat is jesus, tcoat is risen, tcoat returns, tcoat rules, tig ol bitties, tits or gtfo, trackmyfarts, tylerlieberman is a cuck, wubba lubba dub dubs!!!, y u do dis