follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 09-16-2015, 01:39 AM   #169
keen as

Drives: 86 GT MT
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My car is NA.
These pics are the inside of the stock intake tube.
I'm getting a catch can for the crankcase vent.
Attached Images

keen as is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to keen as For This Useful Post:
Rosticles (09-16-2015)
Old 12-16-2015, 11:41 AM   #170
sid325

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
So, I've had my catch-can installed since the kit was first released and have noticed the two hoses always have an oily sheen to them; enough so that I can wipe oil off. Not so much that it drips, but still. I've checked all connections and everything is tight, so not sure what's up. Do these types of hoses have a tendency to leach oil? I can't find any damage or cuts in either hose. Mishimoto, thoughts?
sid325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 12:30 PM   #171
Mishimoto

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by keen as View Post
My car is NA.
These pics are the inside of the stock intake tube.
I'm getting a catch can for the crankcase vent.
Thanks for the images Keen! I will pass this on to our research team to see if we want to tackle a breather catch can setup in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid325 View Post
So, I've had my catch-can installed since the kit was first released and have noticed the two hoses always have an oily sheen to them; enough so that I can wipe oil off. Not so much that it drips, but still. I've checked all connections and everything is tight, so not sure what's up. Do these types of hoses have a tendency to leach oil? I can't find any damage or cuts in either hose. Mishimoto, thoughts?
Very strange! Just sent you a PM so we can start working towards finding a solution for this.

-John
Mishimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 09:44 AM   #172
Cockatoo
TALLY FT86

Drives: 2014 FR-S Monogram -- SBD Turbo --
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishimoto View Post
Thanks for the images Keen! I will pass this on to our research team to see if we want to tackle a breather catch can setup in the future.

Very strange! Just sent you a PM so we can start working towards finding a solution for this.

-John
Im noticing the same thing on mine. Ive had the kit since the launch and Im running a SBD turbo. PM sent
Cockatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 09:05 PM   #173
Trust86

Drives: 2016 Halo FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid325 View Post
Old thread but same thing on my car as well, NA, had the catch can on my car since 1500 miles. I took everything apart and double checked o ring, hoses and hose clamps, still oily mist on the hoses just as you described. Any feedback?
Trust86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 09:46 AM   #174
Cockatoo
TALLY FT86

Drives: 2014 FR-S Monogram -- SBD Turbo --
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
@Trust86 @Mishimoto said they would replace my hoses through warranty but I havent gotten around to it yet...

@sid325 can you share what your progress has been like with this issue?
Cockatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cockatoo For This Useful Post:
Trust86 (03-25-2016)
Old 03-28-2016, 10:24 AM   #175
Mishimoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust86 View Post
Old thread but same thing on my car as well, NA, had the catch can on my car since 1500 miles. I took everything apart and double checked o ring, hoses and hose clamps, still oily mist on the hoses just as you described. Any feedback?
Sorry to hear this is occurring with the catch can kit. As previously noted, a couple of our customers are experiencing this. We are still working on identifying the cause for oil contamination/leaking. Please contact our customer service team at support@mishimoto.com. Our team will guide you through the process and likely ask for a bit of information regarding what you are experiencing.

Thanks
-John
Old 03-29-2016, 10:50 AM   #176
Trust86

Drives: 2016 Halo FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishimoto View Post
Sorry to hear this is occurring with the catch can kit. As previously noted, a couple of our customers are experiencing this. We are still working on identifying the cause for oil contamination/leaking. Please contact our customer service team at support@mishimoto.com. Our team will guide you through the process and likely ask for a bit of information regarding what you are experiencing.

Thanks
-John
Thank you! But I'm gonna try one more thing and if it's still happening I will contract the customer service. Appreciate the help.
Trust86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 09:21 AM   #177
Mishimoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust86 View Post
Thank you! But I'm gonna try one more thing and if it's still happening I will contract the customer service. Appreciate the help.
Sounds good!

-John
Old 04-10-2016, 02:42 AM   #178
Sosa
[||]--(86)--[||]

Drives: 2015 Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Has the "sweating" hose issue been resolved? I'm very interested in picking up your catch can but I would rather avoid needing to replace anything in the future.

Edit: Just finished chatting with Mishimoto via email. It seems that the issue is not wide spread. I'm totally sold on the catch can and will be picking it up after my lug nuts and TPMS sensors.

PS: Awesome service from @Mishimoto!

Last edited by Sosa; 04-20-2016 at 02:09 PM.
Sosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 10:25 PM   #179
rookie

Drives: 1991 Formula Red NSX
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
@Mishimoto

Will the Mishimoto catch can fit (with no modifications) the PasswordJDM engine compartment covers seen here? http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/pass...l#.VwxX3BMrJ-U
rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 10:51 PM   #180
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Upon reading this thread I realized I'm having the same issues with my tubes as well. Is there a solution?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 10:19 AM   #181
Kayysonie
Badass Member

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
@Mishimoto do you guys just sell the bracket for the mounting? I was given a three port Catch can by a fellow 86er and there is no good place to mount it. I want to give it a OEM look and your bracket looks great.
Kayysonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 10:48 AM   #182
Mishimoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookie View Post
@Mishimoto

Will the Mishimoto catch can fit (with no modifications) the PasswordJDM engine compartment covers seen here? http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/pass...l#.VwxX3BMrJ-U
Hello @rookie,

Thank you for the post.

I apologize for the late reply and will be happy to assist you.

In terms of the PasswordJDM engine covers for the FRS/BRZ we are unable to confirm fitment of our catch can do to use not being able to test the catch can with the covers on. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

If there is anything we can do to further assist you, please feel free to contact us at Support@Mishimoto.com

Best Regards,
Jarret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojhinn View Post
Upon reading this thread I realized I'm having the same issues with my tubes as well. Is there a solution? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Sojhinn,

Thank you for the post.

In terms of the lines sweating, we have noticed that it is not a widespread issue. However, that does not mean we can not address your concern. If you have not resolved this issue as of yet, please contact us at Support@mishimoto.com and one of our friendly customer service reps will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
Jarret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayysonie View Post
@Mishimoto do you guys just sell the bracket for the mounting? I was given a three port Catch can by a fellow 86er and there is no good place to mount it. I want to give it a OEM look and your bracket looks great.
Hello @Kayysonie,

Thank you for the post.

The vehicle specific bracket can be purchased separate. All you have to do is call in and one of our friendly customer service representatives will place the order for you. Our number is (302)762-4501.

Best Regards,
Jarret