follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Xero Limit
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List
69gtojeff, CT86, gravitylover

Old 01-15-2020, 03:13 PM   #393
ka-t_240

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezmoondo View Post
Glad to hear that you are fine with it. Unfortunately I am located in So Cal so Concord is a little far for me. Thank you for the information though.
Might be worth the trip to drop it off on a weekend and pick up the next week. You can then tell them no rush and to get it done correctly as you'll be giving them plenty of time to deal w/ it. Would be way less hassle than having a failure.

other option... sell your car out of state!
ka-t_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 06:09 PM   #394
yfz450chuck

Drives: 14 FRS coils, intake, exhaust, tune
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow27 View Post
Vehicle Mileage: 42,756
Vehicle Make: Subaru
Mileage After Recall Performed: ~1600 (44,350)
Symptom(s): I was coming home from work and lifted off the gas as I approached my exit off ramp. Oil light flickered for a couple seconds, then came on solid followed immediately by CEL, followed by stall. Very bad knock on restart. Drove a few hundred feet to a safe area despite it sounding awful.
Failure: Spun bearing
State: WA
Is Dealership Offering Repair: Not even sort of, quoting $13k. Subaru wonít even authorize an engine tear down and want to charge labor if I want that, but seems unlikely they will change their mind even if I find anything. Oil pan was pulled and there were some threads in the pickup but no massive sealant blockage.

You would think for a company that bases their entire brand around people loving their cars they would be willing to entertain the idea of fixing a problem to keep a customer happy.
what dealer? i am taking mine in monday to vancouver toyota.
yfz450chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 07:17 PM   #395
Snow27

Drives: Ď13 BRZ Limited SWP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yfz450chuck View Post
what dealer? i am taking mine in monday to vancouver toyota.
Sorry for the slow response... As I have a Subaru I dealt exclusively with them, and the dealership which did the recall/refused to fix it was not one in the PDX area. I did hear from one of the techs at **** Hannah there was at least one issue with an FR-S that had the recall done at Vancouver Toyota, but I think it was not recent. I sincerely hope you havenít had any issues.
Snow27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fa20, failure, recall, spun bearing, subaru, toyota, valve spring