follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 12-14-2013, 11:44 AM   #141
chulooz
Registered you sir

Drives: 99 impreza coupe
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer486 View Post
No. Try using your left foot on the throttle and tell us how that works out for you. The pedal placement is retarded for a sports car company like almighty Porsche. I'd expect more attention to detail in the $70K-$150K range on things like braking and transmission operation rather than bluetooth. For some reason most Brits, Japs and Audi don't have this problem. I guess Michael Schumacher is the only one in Germany that knows how to left foot brake.

Tell us what you are talking about? Left foot throttle?

This is what people have try to come down on porsche for, pedal placement? They've always had great ergonomics and spot on feel, your waving the wrong flag You dont seem to understand what lfb is.

Some of the new Lexus/Infinti styling is going to be looking VERY dated in the years to come.
chulooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:25 PM   #142
Boxer486
Banned

Drives: small
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chulooz View Post

Tell us what you are talking about? Left foot throttle?

This is what people have try to come down on porsche for, pedal placement? They've always had great ergonomics and spot on feel, your waving the wrong flag You dont seem to understand what lfb is.
Oh great, another one who doesn't read posts in the context of the quote. If you reread your own post a few times really slowly, you might be able to connect the dots. You clearly also comment on LFB when you can't or don't. If you ever tried it in a Cayman or 911 you'd know wtf I was talking about before spouting off nonsense. Thx for the troll though.

Spot on feel? Lol. The FRS/BRZ has better seats and position than the base Cayman and paddle shifters are 10x the quality of those shitty plastic tick tack switches which belong on a Suzuki. I like your blind devotion to Porsche mythology though, it's commendable. You're probably one of those that believes in superior VW quality too.
Boxer486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:41 PM   #143
chulooz
Registered you sir

Quote:
Oh great, another one who doesn't read posts in the context of the quote. If you reread your own post a few times really slowly, you might be able to connect the dots. You clearly also comment on LFB when you can't or don't. If you ever tried it in a Cayman or 911 you'd know wtf I was talking about before spouting off nonsense. Thx for the troll though.
Stop being a contrarian and just explain yourself. Why would anyone ever need to put their left foot on the throttle? (Speaking of reading in context, the spot on feel was in regards to their pedals... now you are trolling or just hating on Porsche if you dont recognize their level of fit and finish as a benchmark)

I know how to left foot brake on and off the street, and Ive done it effortlessly in 911's. The cayman I've sat in also didnt have any pedal position problems. The thousands of people that have been using these cars for the past six decades also havent been having trouble with it. And then there is you. So explain.

Show us pictures or videos if you have to because no one knows what you are talking about when you say lfb is difficult in a porsche (nor that left foot throttle comment)
Old 12-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #144
Boxer486
Banned

Drives: small
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chulooz View Post
Stop being a contrarian and just explain yourself. Why would anyone ever need to put their left foot on the throttle? (Speaking of reading in context, the spot on feel was in regards to their pedals... now you are trolling or just hating on Porsche if you dont recognize their level of fit and finish as a benchmark)

I know how to left foot brake on and off the street, and Ive done it effortlessly in 911's. The cayman I've sat in also didnt have any pedal position problems. The thousands of people that have been using these cars for the past six decades also havent been having trouble with it. And then there is you. So explain.

Show us pictures or videos if you have to because no one knows what you are talking about when you say lfb is difficult in a porsche (nor that left foot throttle comment)
Lol, saying you know HOW to LFB means you don't regularly. Otherwise you would have said you LFB while driving all the time. This explains your confusion and needless rabid fanboyism defending Porsche as the perfect marquee. Porsche has all sorts of problems that most actual owners will tell you about, just check the forums. But you wouldn't know if your only reference is JD Power.

To simplify things for you. Look at where the clutch and throttle are placed in most cars. They sit relatively in line w/ the natural ergonomics with where the L and R legs rest. For a manual, it's okay to have the brake pedal close to the throttle so you can heel toe and most people right foot brake anyway. For an auto or PDK or sequential it means having to contort your leg in a way that works against your body's natural motion and position when driving. Either you shove your lower left hip point lower to make the stretch and/or you manipulate your joints awkwardly. PDK, SMT and DCG are all about being the fastest you can be which means LFB as well if you care about tenths. The fact that Porsche doesn't get it at their price points is ludicrous. I can forgive VW the oversight but not Porsche.

Is it so hard to understand that it is NOT ideal to stretch your left foot over to the right side of the pedal box to operate the brakes? Really?? Asking the other poster to try putting his left foot on the throttle was to help him understand what it's like in a Porsche and VW. Like I said, Audi, Jag and many others don't have this problem and have somehow figured it out magically.

Hope that helps you understand better.

Lol, I've tried to find reasons to own a Porsche Cayman but won't at their level over-hyped quality and price gouging when a $60K car will really cost you $90K and they weigh 300lbs more than a $25K Toyota w/ better seats, braking ergonomics and higher quality paddle shifters. It's pretty ridiculous to pay that much more and sacrifice some basic primary metrics. If you only want a manual and RFB, then go for it. That'll take care of most of those complaints.
Boxer486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:18 PM   #145
Ammonia

Drives: Whiteout FRS, Audi A4, 135i (sold)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
The new front end on the IS made me cringe, its extremely ugly lol I'm just being honest.
But I've always had a soft spot for the IS lexuses. Nice purchase!
Ammonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #146
husker741
Banned

Drives: 2013 Whiteout Scion FR-S 6MT
Thanked 4,183 Times in 1,415 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I sense a lot of jealousy in this thread and that jealousy comes off as hate. Come on, guys.

husker741 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to husker741 For This Useful Post:
Levi (12-16-2013), sprintertrueno86 (12-14-2013), Tgionet (12-14-2013)
Old 12-14-2013, 02:42 PM   #147
Tgionet
SPACESHIP

Drives: BRZ Ltd 6MT WRB
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Wow, what's with everyone shitting all over the OP?
Tgionet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tgionet For This Useful Post:
husker741 (12-14-2013)
Old 12-14-2013, 02:45 PM   #148
husker741
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgionet View Post
Wow, what's with everyone shitting all over the OP?
Seems like some people can't be happy for other people's happiness.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to husker741 For This Useful Post:
ft86Fan (12-20-2013), rcm47 (12-15-2013)
Old 12-14-2013, 02:54 PM   #149
ZetaVI
Gundam Meister

Drives: A Gundam
Thanked 1,010 Times in 510 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Hope you enjoy your new car.
ZetaVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 06:40 PM   #150
chulooz
Registered you sir

Quote:
Lol, saying you know HOW to LFB means you don't regularly. Otherwise you would have said you LFB while driving all the time. This explains your confusion and needless rabid fanboyism defending Porsche as the perfect marquee. Porsche has all sorts of problems that most actual owners will tell you about, just check the forums. But you wouldn't know if your only reference is JD Power.
Stop being an insulting user, thats not how this community works. No one knew what your right foot throttle comment meant since they arent actually all that far right. You dont need to stretch your foot all that far in the 911. Also it seems like you have a problem moving your left foot across the centerline of your body, this isnt a problem for most drivers.

I dont always drive my manual car, nor do I often lfb in the city. I usually do lfb with my auto. The brake in the cayman and 911 isnt as far right as you are making it out to be, and youre obviously trying to exaggerate your hate though a whiney complaint. Yeah the cars have faults (IMS) but they are a stout brand with a quality reputation, the used market offers reasonable prices if you dont want to drop the change on a new one, and the aftermarket is also quality. I like porsche, why are you saying Im a fanboi who thinks they are the perfect brand? Did you just try to win an argument no one ever made or were you not reading my post?

The more I look at that lexus the nicer I think the twins look.
Old 12-14-2013, 06:56 PM   #151
STJ

Drives: Skyline R33 GTR
Its over styled, Toyota should look back at its past sedans to see how a attractive and timeless design should look like.

STJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 07:04 PM   #152
husker741
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by STJ View Post
Its over styled, Toyota should look back at its past sedans to see how a attractive and timeless design should look like.

*It's over-styled

*Posts pics of cars with body kits
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to husker741 For This Useful Post:
fatoni (12-14-2013), Quentin (12-15-2013), rcm47 (12-15-2013)
Old 12-14-2013, 07:51 PM   #153
Pizzman
Crap another obsession.

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
LoL @Nightanddaydifference. Nothing like a 5k hit to get what you want.

I would say don't mind fanboys, but you are aware of the URL on this forum right? I would not expect a ton of people to give you a big thumbs up here....

I don't
Pizzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 08:27 PM   #154
STJ

Drives: Skyline R33 GTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by husker741 View Post
*It's over-styled

*Posts pics of cars with body kits
The Chaser JZX100 in that picture is stock with a OEM lip kit and the JZX90 has a pretty sedate Traum kit.
STJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
is350, isf