follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 07-27-2020, 02:12 PM   #1
ArrrBussiere

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ SC & 2018 Tacoma
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ArrrBussiere's Supercharged Spirited Daily

Hey all! So quick backstory - I purchased a 2013 BRZ from my roommate and 3 weeks later it was totaled. Hit a cinderblock in the middle of the road while coming around a corner - it buckled the left rear suspension/control arm and sent me flying into two trees. I walked away without a scratch on me and have never been so lucky in my life:

After towing the car to my body shop and submitting all the total stuff they got back to me with my numbers and I immediately decided I needed another one. I was also able to take a plethora of parts off the car to be re-used on a new one (full exhaust, rear sway bar, spoiler, etc..), which definitely swayed my decision in getting another BRZ. I started looking around but nothing really caught my eye. Plus in Oregon, it is so easy for a title to become branded that finding a clean title is just as rare. I found a couple and planned to check them out when I stumbled across a true beauty and was determined to make it mine.

After a 1,040 mile round trip with my 2018 Tacoma Off-Road and car trailer:

I brought home this girl:

The color combo is exactly what I wanted. The look is (almost) exactly what I wanted. And the best part............

She's a little rough around the edges, definitely a 10-foot car. But working at a body shop means I will be able to take care of all the dings/dents and get to work on all the exterior things I want to do! Mechanically she is perfect, and the interior is FLAWLESS with very tasteful mods done:

Most notable mods are:
- Edelbrock supercharger installed by the Racer's Line in Concord, tuned by - - Delicious tuning tune @ ~275 WHP
- JDL catted over pipe and front pipe combo
- ARK GRIP cat-back exhaust
- Bilstein B14 coil overs
- Versus camber plates
- SPC adjustable lower control arms
- Carbon Fiber STi steering wheel
- Work Emotion XD9 18x10 +38
- Michelin Pilot Super Sports 255/35/R18 (Brand new around 2000 miles)
- Genuine Greddy Rocket Bunny V2 front bumper
- Custom APR front carbon splitter (not installed yet)
- Todoroki 30mm Wide front fenders
- Project Kics 20mm hub centric front spacers
- Intec smoked carbon fiber tail lights
- STI gurney flap on the wing
- Black wrapped w/ red stitching interior trim pieces (steering wheel bezel, dash, shifter bezel, etc.)

I have lots of plans, most of which include exterior mods/work to make it look even better than it already does. As far as mechanical stuff goes the very first thing I am doing is putting on my JDL UEL header to give it that rumble I miss so much. I will also be doing the Block8head triple gauge pod w/ boost, wideband, and oil temp gauges as well as a Jackson Racing dual radiator/oil cooler combo to help ensure longevity and keep her running as well as she is.

For now - she will be driven for a good couple months before "winter" hits and then will be brought to the shop to go under the knife for all the repairs and repainting! So this thread will be rarely updated for the next few months except for "photoshoot" pics and then will get heavily updated throughout the repair and build process!
ArrrBussiere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArrrBussiere For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (07-30-2020), p1l0t (07-27-2020)
Old 07-27-2020, 02:20 PM   #2
Joveen

Drives: Bone stock
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
You picked up a nice one. Awesome!! Loving the supercharger more than the NA setup I believe?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Joveen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joveen For This Useful Post:
ArrrBussiere (07-27-2020)
Old 07-27-2020, 03:19 PM   #3
ArrrBussiere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joveen View Post
You picked up a nice one. Awesome!! Loving the supercharger more than the NA setup I believe?

It's been said so many times by so many people but adding the SC and giving this car TQ where it desperately needed it turns it into a whole different car. I was afraid at first that it would be too quick to throttle and being overly cautious since the accident I didn't want something that was going to be constantly ready to go go go. This is perfect, as it doesn't wanna go until about 3k rpm but when you get there it just keeps giving you consistent power. Not enough to throw you back in your set, but definitely enough to push you back and get you grinning from ear to ear.

Bottom line - having driven NA and then immediately switching to SC I can say that it is ridiculously worth it - especially when you can score one for a real good deal
Old 07-27-2020, 03:48 PM   #4
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Thanked 4,095 Times in 2,045 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Super nice! I wish everyone had the chance to drive one of these cars with more than 220WHP
DarkPira7e is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkPira7e For This Useful Post:
ArrrBussiere (07-27-2020)
Old 07-27-2020, 03:59 PM   #5
Joveen

Drives: Bone stock
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPira7e View Post
Super nice! I wish everyone had the chance to drive one of these cars with more than 220WHP
I'm itching to

Joveen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joveen For This Useful Post:
DarkPira7e (07-27-2020)
Old 07-27-2020, 04:18 PM   #6
ArrrBussiere

Quote:
Thank you! I am very excited and yes - anyone who drives these NA needs to give the FI a try at least once. A couple of my friends that drove my last one have driven this one and all say the same thing:
"It's not....super powerful? But holy shit, it is night and day from the last one!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joveen View Post
I'm itching to

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArrrBussiere For This Useful Post:
DarkPira7e (07-27-2020), Joveen (07-30-2020)
Old 07-27-2020, 04:42 PM   #7
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Thanked 4,095 Times in 2,045 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrrBussiere View Post
Thank you! I am very excited and yes - anyone who drives these NA needs to give the FI a try at least once. A couple of my friends that drove my last one have driven this one and all say the same thing:
"It's not....super powerful? But holy shit, it is night and day from the last one!"

Yeah my first experience was in an innovate supercharged BRZ. probably around 220-230whp at that time and it's not like it was crazy fast, it just felt right. Like "hey, the car moves forward faster depending on my throttle position!"

Anyone who has driven a supercharged BRZ should know that it's better, unequivocally

Last edited by DarkPira7e; 07-27-2020 at 04:55 PM.
DarkPira7e is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkPira7e For This Useful Post:
ArrrBussiere (07-30-2020), Clipdat (07-30-2020)
Old 07-27-2020, 05:13 PM   #8
ArrrBussiere

Quote:
Yeah my first experience was in an innovate supercharged BRZ. probably around 220-230whp at that time and it's not like it was crazy fast, it just felt right. Like "hey, the car moves forward faster depending on my throttle position!"

Anyone who has driven a supercharged BRZ should know that it's better, unequivocally
Completely agree. People hear supercharged and think like screaming fast power and noise, hell even I did a little bit. But after listening to it idle and barely hearing the whine, plus driving it and really having to strain to hear it all, that matters to me now is the consistent power when I hit the throttle. Smiles for dayz
Old 07-30-2020, 02:43 AM   #9
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Drives: Subaru Boxer
Thanked 6,845 Times in 3,675 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Just to echo what's already being said, I felt the same way when I drove a Jackson Racing supercharged BRZ. It was incredible.

Congratulations on the pickup, you found a nice replacement for your first twin. I remember seeing that car listed in the for sale section and thinking it had a lot of really nice mods.

Looking forward to following your journey with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Clipdat For This Useful Post:
ArrrBussiere (07-30-2020)
Old 07-30-2020, 10:52 AM   #10
ArrrBussiere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipdat View Post
Just to echo what's already being said, I felt the same way when I drove a Jackson Racing supercharged BRZ. It was incredible.

Congratulations on the pickup, you found a nice replacement for your first twin. I remember seeing that car listed in the for sale section and thinking it had a lot of really nice mods.

Looking forward to following your journey with it.
Thank you! I originally found it in the for sale section here and messaged the person but got no response. Saw they were in NorCal so I hopped on Craigslist in the hopes of finding it there and I did!

Turns out the person who was selling it on here sold it but never closed the ad - the guy who bought it lived in NV re-listed it in the same area on Craigslist in case someone who wanted it could have another crack at it. He owned it for 2 months, got multiple warnings/tickets, and realized he couldn't own it cause he would just get into too much trouble. Was a super cool guy, for my first ever sight unseen long drive purchase he made it super easy and was awesome to work with. Things could not have worked out better, TBH.

I'm really excited for it to start getting all the work and mods done, but at the same time, I am having SOO much fun driving it that I don't want to stop! A Ford Raptor decided to try and pick on me today (ya'll, everyone and their dog tries to race me in this thing, it's hilarious) and he definitely wasn't expecting the outcome. The plans I have for the car are extensive, and it will definitely take a few months to get it all done, but the outcome is going to be a true stunner (I hope!)
The Following User Says Thank You to ArrrBussiere For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (07-31-2020)