follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 03-08-2016, 11:41 AM   #57
fumanchu1

Drives: 2013 Brz C38 (bought not built :P)
Thanked 1,249 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang70Fastback View Post
Haha, thanks! Hyperblue is nice too! It's not like you won't put different wheels on anyway :P

That's interesting. I would think they would only replace stuff with OEM equipment, as technically that is what you are insured for. Or at least cut you a check for the value of the OEM equipment and leave you to make up the difference. Very interesting that they're covering all of your parts without any questions!
smacked mine on a curb this summer, insurance promptly replaced all my parts including: KW v3, Rays 57xtreme 18x9.5, seibon carbon fiber lip, Michelin PSS tire. No argument from them they just replaced all the aftermarket parts and no they were not declared, weirdly the adjuster seemed way into the car lol
fumanchu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fumanchu1 For This Useful Post:
Stang70Fastback (03-08-2016)
Old 03-09-2016, 07:14 AM   #58
gdrider77

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumanchu1 View Post
smacked mine on a curb this summer, insurance promptly replaced all my parts including: KW v3, Rays 57xtreme 18x9.5, seibon carbon fiber lip, Michelin PSS tire. No argument from them they just replaced all the aftermarket parts and no they were not declared, weirdly the adjuster seemed way into the car lol
Sounds like you got lucky. What's your insurance carrier?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2016, 12:38 PM   #59
fumanchu1

Drives: 2013 Brz C38 (bought not built :P)
Thanked 1,249 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdrider77 View Post
Sounds like you got lucky. What's your insurance carrier?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Canada laws are different here and my car had to pass a safety inspection with all the mods on it (including sc) so that may affect it (I have a big diploma for my car at home saying it's all in order). My premium isn't any higher though... so I dunno, what I do know is that they didn't even bat an eye when I sent them the receipts (and also had to order certain parts on my own as they couldn't find them)
fumanchu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 11:14 AM   #60
hanabie

Drives: WRB LMTD '13
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostamojen View Post
You just answered your question right there.

Keep full coverage, drive it to the ground. If you wreck it and loose the aftermarket parts, it wont matter since you don't intend to get a cent back from this car because its not an investment in the first place its an expense.
Car has never been an investment. U lose either way accident or no accident.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:37 AM   #61
unplugged
Master Member

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I do and don't - depends on the parts. Some companies let you break it out into categories and associate a price for each.

Things like car speakers I won't insure, but my radio, amps, and subwoofer (easier to steal) I do. So I add up the value of those components and document them. I then email or fax it over for their record.

I'll insure my coilovers but not strut bars. Things like intake and exhaust I usually don't because the insurance will replace it usually with the same part as long as it's not much more than the OEM equivalent.

Usually the price difference is not much. I think for $5k of coverage I was paying $60 more a year.
unplugged is offline   Reply With Quote