follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 06-09-2014, 09:56 AM   #99
nelsmar

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 345 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrX View Post
Installed my LC-2 on the rear O2 port today.

At first I tried using the power and ground ports on the plug to power the whole thing. However, it seems it shares a ground with the throttle body. When I powered it up, as soon as the O2 heater turned on, the throttle body freaked out.

The LC-2 must be pumping a ton of noise across it's ground. I ended up running dedicated power and ground for it, and it seems fine now.

Just something to be aware of. Other wideband setups may be fine, I dunno.
I had this happen with a zeitronix flex fuel controller. However wiring in a microcontroller of mine didn't hade te same result. Anyone know what's up?
Old Setup: Vortech Supercharged 360WHP/262WTQ @ 11.5psi
My build thread - WTF happened to nelsmar's car thread
nelsmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:25 PM   #100
D K
Stig's dark passenger

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Ok.
Zeitronix to cpc and wb to rear O2

D
D K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:53 PM   #101
wowy

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ 2002 Subaru Outback
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjohnx View Post
would love to see some pics.
Here you go. I ran a single wire from the analog output of my Innovate MTX-L wideband back alongside the Innovate harness to the secondary O2 input. It meant I didn't have to splice anything into the ECU harness (I'm lazy), and I wanted something to plug up the exposed connector anyway.

I'm no longer thrilled about running the loomed wires along the factory braces in the engine bay so I'll probably move it around at some point. Overall though I'm very happy with how easy it was, and thanks again @xjohnx for the parts link.
Attached Images

wowy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wowy For This Useful Post:
xjohnx (06-10-2014)
Old 07-20-2014, 04:42 PM   #102
pixel67

Drives: 13 Asphalt FRS AT
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Well I finally broke down and made the wideband connection this weekend. Its displaying inside ecutek but i am having similar issues as others noted where there is a difference between what is displaying in ecutek vs what is displaying on the gauge. When the engine is running it appears to be between .5 and .75 difference. If i leave the engine off but ignition on and view live through ecutek then i see exactly a .5 difference (gauge shows 18, ecutek shows 17.25). I installed a grounding strap in exact locations as gmooker did a while back and results didn't change. If i leave the analog ground (brown wire) disconnected and repeat the test with the car off but ignition on then they both show 18. Maybe a bad gauge ground? I didn't install it and the wires are trimmed up tight under the dash so I really can't see much. What do you guys think? Any additional troubleshooting steps i should try?
Old 08-04-2014, 11:48 AM   #103
Kuros

Drives: 2014 FRS Raven. 2011 sti red (gone)
Anyone done this with the normal AEM UEGO wideband? That should just simply be connecting the white (analog output) from the wideband to the blue input on the rear 02?

also, can someone verify that the rear 02 is the black plug located further to the passenger side of the car?
Kuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 12:00 PM   #104
subaruindo

Drives: subaru brz satin white
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixel67 View Post
Well I finally broke down and made the wideband connection this weekend. Its displaying inside ecutek but i am having similar issues as others noted where there is a difference between what is displaying in ecutek vs what is displaying on the gauge. When the engine is running it appears to be between .5 and .75 difference. If i leave the engine off but ignition on and view live through ecutek then i see exactly a .5 difference (gauge shows 18, ecutek shows 17.25). I installed a grounding strap in exact locations as gmooker did a while back and results didn't change. If i leave the analog ground (brown wire) disconnected and repeat the test with the car off but ignition on then they both show 18. Maybe a bad gauge ground? I didn't install it and the wires are trimmed up tight under the dash so I really can't see much. What do you guys think? Any additional troubleshooting steps i should try?
i'm experience the same problem to, the max voltage 0nly 4.12, try to connect brown wire directly to battery also not make any different.
any one got solution?
subaruindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 11:03 AM   #105
welllam

Drives: STi
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaruindo View Post
i'm experience the same problem to, the max voltage 0nly 4.12, try to connect brown wire directly to battery also not make any different.
any one got solution?
The solution was to settle in with the current conditions, download Failsafe and AEMdata software and find out the difference between display value and logged value mostly targeting the red line area. Then work with your tuner to adjust the difference with some mathematical formula. I worked in this way with motoeast Mike.

Last edited by welllam; 08-15-2014 at 01:54 AM.
welllam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to welllam For This Useful Post:
Sportsguy83 (08-12-2014)
Old 11-19-2014, 12:23 AM   #106
Fizz
Senior Addict

Drives: 86 GT
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Decided to go with a Failsafe gauge because I wanted the integrated boost gauge as well. Need some guidance here please for hooking up. Here's my plan, please tell me if I'm on the right track.

1) Physically remove the factory sensor and unplug it, leaving the secondary O2 connection plug empty.

2) Fit the Bosch sensor in place, and run all wires through firewall.

3) Connect the white AFR analog output wire from inside the cabin at the ECU harness....like below.

3) Connect the red 12V wire via internal fuse box for the switched 12V source (using a mini add-a-fuse)....like below.

But here's where I'm stuck. There are 2 ground wires, one black and one brown. Where are the best locations to hook these to inside the car? Do I need to run the black ground directly to the battery negative post?

As for the green RPM wire, will ecutek still be able to see the AFR readings and take logs without this green wire hooked up?

I'm not going to bother hooking up the other blue and yellow analog wires, as my tuner will provide overboost and AFR protection in the custom map.

P.S. Thanks to @Sportsguy83 and @gdrider77 for the pics
Fizz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fizz For This Useful Post:
gdrider77 (11-19-2014), kbogarto (11-20-2014), Sportsguy83 (11-19-2014)
Old 11-19-2014, 04:01 AM   #107
Fizz
Senior Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjohnx View Post
I ended up finding one, but i'm not sure which part # i ordered. It was either the subaru or toyota one. I wish I could tell you which one worked because I ordered them both and had them separated so i could keep track of which was which, but my girlfriend managed to do some spring cleaning.

I'm almost certain the Toyota one was the one that fit: http://www.casperselectronics.com/st...oducts_id=1306

but here's the subaru one just in case: http://www.casperselectronics.com/st...oducts_id=1395
Could someone confirm which one works? I don't want to buy both
Old 11-21-2014, 06:23 AM   #108
wowy

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ 2002 Subaru Outback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizz View Post
Could someone confirm which one works? I don't want to buy both
The Toyota one worked for me.
wowy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wowy For This Useful Post:
Fizz (11-21-2014)
Old 11-21-2014, 09:25 AM   #109
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,343 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:

But here's where I'm stuck. There are 2 ground wires, one black and one brown. Where are the best locations to hook these to inside the car? Do I need to run the black ground directly to the battery negative post?

As for the green RPM wire, will ecutek still be able to see the AFR readings and take logs without this green wire hooked up?

For both black and brown cables, I use the bolt holding the fuse box on the rear for ground.

Green wire is only for the log taken by the gauge itself, so yes, not needed at all for Ecutek.
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sportsguy83 For This Useful Post:
Fizz (11-21-2014)
Old 11-21-2014, 09:32 AM   #110
Fizz
Senior Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 View Post
For both black and brown cables, I use the bolt holding the fuse box on the rear for ground.

Green wire is only for the log taken by the gauge itself, so yes, not needed at all for Ecutek.
Thanks! Yeah I looked under and found the fuse box bolt. But I remember reading someone said that the two grounds should be separated. I suppose you're not having issues grounding them together?
Old 11-21-2014, 09:56 AM   #111
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,343 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Thanks! Yeah I looked under and found the fuse box bolt. But I remember reading someone said that the two grounds should be separated. I suppose you're not having issues grounding them together?
No, and I have 2 other grounds in that same bolt
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 11:01 AM   #112
Toyota John
Calle Atun

Drives: 13 FRS, 93 Mr2, 85 ae86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Is is possible to make your own plug in play with this? Splice the wires off a wideband sensor to the cut off plug of a secondary O2? Or do I need an external source of power and ground?
Toyota John is offline   Reply With Quote