follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Arizona

User Tag List
JonMotoring

Old 07-30-2013, 04:59 PM   #13259
redsuns03

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Boosted w/ JDL v2.1
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsides View Post
The Tucson peeps want to put together a meet for us PHX folks to mob down to Sunday aug 18th. Would be cool to have a great showing for the Tucson members. We can fig out the details as we go to put this together.
That would be awesome! Since @RedLeader said it rains there, it would be fun learning to drift there lol

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 07-30-2013, 05:03 PM   #13260
ftc~brz
Done

Drives: WRB BRZ
Thanked 4,936 Times in 2,101 Posts
Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLeader View Post
Can I ask a few off-topic questions since you also have the innovate S/C?

1.) Why is your Visconti base map making more power than the custom map
2.) Why are you only making ~200 hp with a full exhaust AND 93 oct gas? I know heat is a concern, one we have here in spades, but the power numbers seem low, so an honest question. Was Visconti seeing issues pushing it harder through the tuning, or did you want a more cautious tune to make sure its safe on the hardware?
3.) Are you going to get a more aggressive map tuned in the future to make more power, for the lolz as it were?

Back on topic, I'd suggest you bring something for the rain here. The Phoenix people don't know what rain is, but Tucson gets monsoons this time of year, so it's been raining pretty hard just about every afternoon. Otherwise its just hot and more humid than we're used to, though nothing like you're used to.
1. & 2.The ambient temps were over 100 degrees with very high humidity the days we dynoed. After having over 1k seat time with the s/c I can say that ambient temps greatly influence this s/c performance while not intercooled.
There were some issues probably because I have uncatted exhaust and crap gas and this s/c doesn't seem to like pump gas on it's own. But John put an incredible amount of time and energy into my car and I am very happy right now.
I did request to have a safe tune vs. more aggressive at this stage. I am not set up to data log on a daily basis so this tune is what was best for me at this point in time since I do d.d. With the current temps around 80 or less it feels completely different than it did that hot week. I do like this kit it has a lot of potential for it's price point.
3. Oh we have plans for the future This is just the beginning and we are well aware of what the s/c is capable of so it will be nice to share more info in the future as my build progresses but we talked about what is next. I think we knew I would catch bs for my choice. But in the end it was my car, my money, my decision.

*thank you for asking and not bashing my results. It means a lot to me.

**thanks for the heads up on the rain....I was looking forward to dry heat but I'll take what I can get. lol
ftc~brz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:07 PM   #13261
bignrichlll
Because Bacon

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited Dark Grey Metallic
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsmar View Post
So... I might fly Toni from FA20 down here to tune my car in person. Tracey & Keith are wanting to join in and split the costs to get him down here, is there anyone else that might be wanting to pay for a legitimate dyno tune that would want to chip in? Toni said he would be open to the idea if we have enough people (i haven't talked to him about how many as of yet) so i figured I would just start off by posting and seeing if i can get any extra heads in the count.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZWood View Post
What kind of cost are we talking? I'd be down to chip in if we could get a good group rate.
Id have an interest in that as well.. But I have new headers coming in about 3 months, if the cost isnt pretty reasonable, Ill continue to wait for my tune from my shop back @home..
Old 07-30-2013, 05:15 PM   #13262
nelsmar

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 345 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
What kind of cost are we talking? I'd be down to chip in if we could get a good group rate.
Do you already have a tune? or starting fresh? I can see on pricing for new tunes... The three of us already have "street" tunes from Toni and want to actually have full dyno tunes done. Obviously its expensive to fly someone in but currently we are estimating with only 3 people the split will be ~250-350 ea to fly him down and pay for dyno time (+ if you don't have a tune already the cost of a fresh tune, which would be tune fee + license fee + a cable if you want a cable, but as it would be a dyno tune it might not be as important). But i beleive al 3 of us were already going to pay for dyno time and have him "remote dyno tune" the car. This is just easier, faster, and would possibly allow for a better tune as he wouldn't have to feel rushed having to send emails back and forth while sitting on the dyno and racking up dyno costs. Obviously prices will drop significantly for every person that joins in.

I just called good speed about pricing for the dyno for the entire day. They are going to think it over and call me back this evening for the cost.
Old Setup: Vortech Supercharged 360WHP/262WTQ @ 11.5psi
My build thread - WTF happened to nelsmar's car thread
nelsmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:18 PM   #13263
nelsmar

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignrichlll View Post
Id have an interest in that as well.. But I have new headers coming in about 3 months, if the cost isnt pretty reasonable, Ill continue to wait for my tune from my shop back @home..
Do you already have ecutek? and what is your ballpark price for reasonable? If you already have ecutek it wouldn't be too expensive if we have a few people joining in. Toni's prices are pretty decent for N/A, Boost, and E85.

Hell even if someone else uses visconti or another remote tuner and just wants to join in the group dyno time to get cheaper dyno rate i am okay with that. If we can make it to where we can utilize a full day rate and good speed gives me a good quote obviously thats a win win situation.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:30 PM   #13264
Yruyur

Drives: Scion fr-s asphalt M/T
Thanked 1,631 Times in 941 Posts
Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
I just got an email blast from dyno comp in Scottsdale saying they will have more details on the tunes for our cars in 1 to 2 weeks. Not sure if that changes anything for you guys. But fyi.

Sent from a Motorola DynaTAC 8000X
Old 07-30-2013, 05:34 PM   #13265
WithNolock

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yruyur View Post
I just got an email blast from dyno comp in Scottsdale saying they will have more details on the tunes for our cars in 1 to 2 weeks. Not sure if that changes anything for you guys. But fyi.

I got the same email. I'd really prefer to have a tuner that is local and has a dyno. Dynocomp has a pretty good reputation from what I hear and they're within walking distance of our Scottsdale office.
WithNolock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WithNolock For This Useful Post:
Yruyur (07-30-2013)
Old 07-30-2013, 05:36 PM   #13266
EZWood
BAMF

Drives: 13 fr-s, whiteout, MT. 94 ZJ
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Do you already have a tune? or starting fresh? I can see on pricing for new tunes... The three of us already have "street" tunes from Toni and want to actually have full dyno tunes done. Obviously its expensive to fly someone in but currently we are estimating with only 3 people the split will be ~250-350 ea to fly him down and pay for dyno time (+ if you don't have a tune already the cost of a fresh tune, which would be tune fee + license fee + a cable if you want a cable, but as it would be a dyno tune it might not be as important). But i beleive al 3 of us were already going to pay for dyno time and have him "remote dyno tune" the car. This is just easier, faster, and would possibly allow for a better tune as he wouldn't have to feel rushed having to send emails back and forth while sitting on the dyno and racking up dyno costs. Obviously prices will drop significantly for every person that joins in.

I just called good speed about pricing for the dyno for the entire day. They are going to think it over and call me back this evening for the cost.
I do not have a tune. You can count me in on it tentatively , but most likely I will be doing it because I have been looking to have a tune done in person and this seems like a good opportunity to do so.
EZWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:59 PM   #13267
40flash
John 1:12

Drives: Pearl white BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-Shadow View Post
im pretty sure he is talking about your bumper support not bumper cover...aka, not your front bumper lol
@nelsmar on a side note i think they reused her bumper support and just got a new bumper...but ill let her confirm
No, I mean bumper cover, not the support behind it. She just texted me.

Sorry, I just figured out you were speaking of someone else. Please ignore this post.
40flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:02 PM   #13268
Evil86

Drives: Monkey-butt red FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Nighttime auotx at Bondurant Aug. 10th. Gates open at 5 pm, first car out at 7 pm. I will post a registration link when registration opens and event details link when they are posted.

We have been working with Bondo on the lighting so we can offer this event.
MotoEast ECUTEK tune; PPE Engineering intake, EL headers, overpipe, front pipe w/ hi-flow cat, midpipe, and single exit axle-back; GC camber plates; GC coilovers with Koni Sport (r) and Koni 8612 (f); Eibach front springs and Hypercoil rear springs; Hotchkis rear sway bar; Eibach front sway bar; Whiteline positive traction sub-frame inserts and differential support outrigger bushings; 17x9 Enkei RPF1 w/ 245 Hankooks.
Evil86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Evil86 For This Useful Post:
thesleeper (07-30-2013)
Old 07-30-2013, 06:02 PM   #13269
bignrichlll
Because Bacon

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited Dark Grey Metallic
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

Quote:
Do you already have ecutek? and what is your ballpark price for reasonable? If you already have ecutek it wouldn't be too expensive if we have a few people joining in. Toni's prices are pretty decent for N/A, Boost, and E85.

Hell even if someone else uses visconti or another remote tuner and just wants to join in the group dyno time to get cheaper dyno rate i am okay with that. If we can make it to where we can utilize a full day rate and good speed gives me a good quote obviously thats a win win situation.
Not yet. Anything under a grand with new license? My dyno tune from WORKS is $600 with licence..but Im tired of waiting & since I already have inatke/exhaust Id like to reap the benefits of that..NOW..
Old 07-30-2013, 06:09 PM   #13270
nelsmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yruyur View Post

Yeah they emailed me a few days back and i talked to them on FB for a bit. They showed no desire to do a flex fuel setup, only straight E85 or straight E10. And i want to do a flex fuel setup. I am still considering them because i prefer the idea of local, and i dont want a remote tuner. If they were willing to do E85 that would be another story all together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignrichlll View Post
Not yet. Anything under a grand with new license? My dyno tune from WORKS is $600 with licence..but Im tired of waiting & since I already have inatke/exhaust Id like to reap the benefits of that..NOW..
If we have a few people join in and you wanted license, cable, tune, and dyno time it would be 900-1000 likely unless i can cut more of a deal with toni. And that is me assuming he wont need you on the physical dyno for very long. If you didn't want a cable for the time being it would be a tad cheaper. Cables typically go for 300-350. he also has E85 options including flex fuel (auto switching between fuels and allowing mixed between E10 & E85)) for a bit extra.
The Following User Says Thank You to nelsmar For This Useful Post:
bignrichlll (07-30-2013)
Old 07-30-2013, 06:24 PM   #13271
oldpueblo

Drives: Scion FR-S 10 #853
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseE View Post
anyone here have solar panels at your house. cost/benefit worth it? how much you end up paying?

TIA!
I do, however it came bundled with the new build so I didn't pay for them in the usual sense. The cost was rolled into the house price because every house in this development got them, so the builder got a huge discount on them and the house was still very competitively priced (http://www.meritagehomes.com/search/...-az/lyons-gate).

As for whether it's worth it, I think the record so far is they've accounted for about 25% of our energy one month, so not bad.
oldpueblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:26 PM   #13272
evo4g63

Drives: 2016 Subaru WRX
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Yeah they emailed me a few days back and i talked to them on FB for a bit. They showed no desire to do a flex fuel setup, only straight E85 or straight E10. And i want to do a flex fuel setup. I am still considering them because i prefer the idea of local, and i dont want a remote tuner. If they were willing to do E85 that would be another story all together.

If we have a few people join in and you wanted license, cable, tune, and dyno time it would be 900-1000 likely unless i can cut more of a deal with toni. And that is me assuming he wont need you on the physical dyno for very long. If you didn't want a cable for the time being it would be a tad cheaper. Cables typically go for 300-350. he also has E85 options including flex fuel (auto switching between fuels and allowing mixed between E10 & E85)) for a bit extra.
I received that email days ago as well. There non interest in e85 does not appeal to me. I would rather fly Toni down and get on the dyno with him since he has been remote tuning my car. Either way Marin as we were talking you know I am in to get him down here.

For those of you that want a tune but don't have one or need a new tune should jump in on this. I will talk to Toni with Marin about this and see what we can work out as far as pricing. The tune even on NA with these cars is going to give you the biggest bump on power over anything else.

Last edited by evo4g63; 07-30-2013 at 08:15 PM.
evo4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to evo4g63 For This Useful Post:
SMOKETREES (07-30-2013)

Tags
arizona, fr-s, mesa, phoenix, scion, tucson, we need a subforum