follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 11-10-2013, 12:17 PM   #3767
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,825 Times in 16,428 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjan View Post
Hey new here

I have my GT86 6 months now.

Nice picture!

Where was it taken?

Southern Germany ... Switzerland .... Austria .... Northern Italy ... Southwestern France .... ??

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:24 PM   #3768
graemedesign

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hey Everyone,

New here. I picked up my Hot Lava FRS 2 weeks ago now.

Before I was driving 2012 Subaru Impreza, it was in 3 accidents. The last one finished it off. Back wheel was taken off as someone coming the opposite direction went straight through a bend in the road, I saw it coming so was able to avoid a head on collision. But my baby didn't survive.

My friend has an FR-S so when it came time to choose my new car, it was pretty easy.

I went to my dealership before I was allowed to take it home and took a pic of my new whip.

graemedesign is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to graemedesign For This Useful Post:
humfrz (11-10-2013)
Old 11-10-2013, 02:51 PM   #3769
DKEddy90

Drives: asphalt grey scion frs
Congrats! Sooo jellyyy I love that color!! there was nonee in my area

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
DKEddy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:34 AM   #3770
jjan

Drives: GT86
Switzerland :Veysonnaz
jjan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jjan For This Useful Post:
humfrz (11-11-2013)
Old 11-13-2013, 01:01 AM   #3771
FRaSer
Out in the Alberta cold.

Drives: '00 S10 4-by
Howdy all! Long time listener, first time caller.

Haven't pulled the trigger yet on my FR-S, was a hair away from a base '13 Asphalt but I wouldn't let myself impulse buy (turned out to be a good thing in the end). I already knew this was the car for me before I even saw one in person. For 25+ years I've been taking every corner sideways whenever I'm able - I consider it practice for the winter. My first test drive was amazing, instantly fell in love! Now it's only a matter of time before I get the Hot Lava I want.

Not being a young man anymore I'm glad the '14 comes with the knee pads standard, kind of pissed I'm forced in to navigating a touchscreen stereo though. I know the smart thing financially would be to find a used base '13 in my color but I just can't bear the thought of someone else breaking in "my car".

Anyway, finally registered so I wanted to say hello to my fellow enthusiasts.

FRaSer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FRaSer For This Useful Post:
humfrz (11-13-2013)
Old 11-13-2013, 03:05 AM   #3772
arashishozen

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Been so long

I created an account here a long time ago and don't remember if I have introduced myself or not. I have a 2013 scion frs, raven colo, with the bespoke premium audio by zyper ( bad mistKe gonna replace with aha one later if reviews are good) Bought her brand new and now have almost 20k miles on it now. Like all new first year models.. I have had my issues. I have had my high pressure fuel.pump replaced due to the tsb( service bulletin) and have had my passenger side rear combilight replaced due to severe water condensation. The only issue I live with as of right now is the door panel rattle, which is due to bad design and I will fix by putting some dynamat in there.

anyways my name is joseph =)
Old 11-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #3773
humfrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by arashishozen View Post
I created an account here a long time ago and don't remember if I have introduced myself or not............
Happens to me all the time ......

....... or did I already do that ..... ??

humfrz
Old 11-13-2013, 05:46 PM   #3774
aiyre

Drives: 13 Frs light mod 18% tint whiteout
Proud new frs owner

Just got my 2013 whiteout manual frs. Had it one month and am loving it every time i drive it. I live in a rural area with a lot of curvy roads and i put it threw its paces. Just now been hittin parking lots learning to drift. Just wanted to post and say hey to everyone.
aiyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:04 PM   #3775
humfrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiyre View Post
Just got my 2013 whiteout manual frs. Had it one month and am loving it every time i drive it. I live in a rural area with a lot of curvy roads and i put it threw its paces. Just now been hittin parking lots learning to drift. Just wanted to post and say hey to everyone.
...... aiyre, to the gang!

Now, be careful not to "drift" off one of those curvy roads and wind up in a corn field .....

humfrz
Old 11-14-2013, 01:59 AM   #3776
arashishozen

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Happens to me all the time ......

....... or did I already do that ..... ??

humfrz
Nope. I checked out my stats after posting and though I have been a member for 8 months it was my first post. I have had it (the car) since December of 2012. By the way...if any one is curious about how reliable this car is...
I recently got transferred to third shift and I was tired on the way home... I always take interstate home and do 80 mph... I needed to get over but the car next to me was doing the same speed... I.intended to drop it in 4... but dropped it in 2... the tach read 8400 rpms and I quickly up shifted and drove to Toyota. The mechanic. was a friend and he looked it over for two hours to report no damage =)
Old 11-14-2013, 03:51 AM   #3777
Michael
Lovin' the Low Life

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Hey folks. I've been on these forums for quite some time but have been browsing more actively as of lately. I sold my modded 2005 Toyota Celica (click link to see it) and bought a 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo back in April but aside from the VT being more roomy and convenient, I miss having a more sportier car. I tossed aside getting a FR-S when I bought the VT but I'm changing my mind on that and will be buying a FR-S when I return from my deployment in April. I have already begun researching the mods that I want starting with coilovers, wheels, exhaust, and body kit.

I can't wait to get behind the wheel of the FR-S and drive off the lot.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:37 AM   #3778
Trmx2

Drives: 2014 Raven FR-S 6spd
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Nope. I checked out my stats after posting and though I have been a member for 8 months it was my first post. I have had it (the car) since December of 2012. By the way...if any one is curious about how reliable this car is...
I recently got transferred to third shift and I was tired on the way home... I always take interstate home and do 80 mph... I needed to get over but the car next to me was doing the same speed... I.intended to drop it in 4... but dropped it in 2... the tach read 8400 rpms and I quickly up shifted and drove to Toyota. The mechanic. was a friend and he looked it over for two hours to report no damage =)

I would've been shitting bricks if this happened to me. No damage at all? That's awesome, probably a bit of luck too. lol
Trmx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #3779
humfrz

Quote:
..........I.intended to drop it in 4... but dropped it in 2... the tach read 8400 rpms and I quickly up shifted and drove to Toyota. The mechanic. was a friend and he looked it over for two hours to report no damage =)
WOW ...... congratulations ...... your car survived a "money shift"! .....

humfrz
Old 11-14-2013, 12:31 PM   #3780
Trmx2

Drives: 2014 Raven FR-S 6spd
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent runner View Post
Hi guys. I'm new here on this forum, but I've been working on, and playing with Toyota's for many years. My first Toyota project was a 1976 Celica GT. I had a blast customizing this car with wheels tires, springs, front and rear sway bars, a custom ground camshaft, porting and polishing, a twin side draft Weber carb. system, and many days of sanctioned road-rally, and auto-slalem events. I followed this up with a 1982, Corolla SR-5, hatchback, that eventually got a later model twin-cam 1600, and was treated to the same type of driving events.

After that, I admit I left the family for a Honda Prelude, then a Mazda 626 Turbo. Time and experience has brought me back to the Toyota family. I had the opportunity to pick-up my folks old Camry as a cheap work/dayly driver, and I've been hooked ever-since. I've made some interesting alterations to the Camry to bring it up to my specs', but when the first few FRS's showed up a my local Country Hills Toyota/Scion dealer they had me hooked.

I've been dying to add a sports car to my garage, and this seemed to be the best place to check out how this one was working. I haven't taken the plunge yet, I'm waiting for a little more/or a slightly enhanced power band to find production. (This was always a weak point in my old Corolla/86 build) Along the way though, I want to follow what you new young guys, the best and the brightest, are doing to develope the car on your own.
Welcome to the forum!!

Like you, I want to develop my FRS, this is my first time ever considering modification, I have no idea where to begin, I'm paranoid about a lot of things. I like pure, clean, usable, reliable, performance that I can call upon when I want. Nothing too crazy, I don't have mountains of cash to throw at the car and with the car payments I'm doing, I won't have a lot of usable cash.

I'll be upgrading small components and strengthening areas where there could be a weak link.

Perrin makes some good stuff from what I've seen so far. TRD hasn't come out with as many parts for the car as I thought they would have by now. Maybe they are taking longer to R&D some of it.
Trmx2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6mt, bot. report?, frs, notreally, turbo