follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 05-15-2016, 04:09 PM   #1
BaeesicFRS

Drives: IG: BaesicFRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
replacing bag on airlift performance

So I ripped the drivers side air bag on my suspension and I've bought the replacement bag. After taking everything off im pretty sure the thread of the coil jammed into the bag since I drove it after the bag ripped to get home and now when I try and twist the bag off the coil it wont move. Ive got the bottom nut locked to hold the coil but the bag wont move now. I cant see the thread jammed in there or anything but I cant come to any other conclusion. I know i might be able to heat up the coil so it gets loose but it might damage it. Ive tried WD40 and no good. Any other options or thoughts to try and get this bag off?

The lock nut is put to the bottom. I just took this pic before that. FYI
Attached Images

BaeesicFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:14 PM   #2
MrPogi86

Drives: RB V3, Supercharged, Bagged
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaeesicFRS View Post
So I ripped the drivers side air bag on my suspension and I've bought the replacement bag. After taking everything off im pretty sure the thread of the coil jammed into the bag since I drove it after the bag ripped to get home and now when I try and twist the bag off the coil it wont move. Ive got the bottom nut locked to hold the coil but the bag wont move now. I cant see the thread jammed in there or anything but I cant come to any other conclusion. I know i might be able to heat up the coil so it gets loose but it might damage it. Ive tried WD40 and no good. Any other options or thoughts to try and get this bag off?

The lock nut is put to the bottom. I just took this pic before that. FYI
Having the same problem right now, except i removed the entire strut assembly. Did you ever figure it out?
MrPogi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 09:39 PM   #3
BaeesicFRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPogi86 View Post
Having the same problem right now, except i removed the entire strut assembly. Did you ever figure it out?

Yea, so if you removed the entire strut just take off all the bolts on top to remove the plate. Once the plate is off and it's just the metal piece coming from inside the bag you tighten up the lower nut to tighten up to the strut and turn the bag counter clock wise. Mine was ridiculously stuck so I ended up taking it to a shop so they put it on a clamp to be able to twist it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-2016, 02:33 AM   #4
whjdm069

Drives: 2015 scion frs
how did the bag get damaged? what kit are you running?
whjdm069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 01:59 AM   #5
BaeesicFRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by whjdm069 View Post
how did the bag get damaged? what kit are you running?

I'm running airlift performance. It blew because I lowered the bag on the coil and my 9.5 wheels didn't have enough clearance. Was rubbing just enough to tear it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to BaeesicFRS For This Useful Post:
whjdm069 (07-13-2016)

Tags
airbag, airlift, airlift performance