follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 11-27-2020, 09:19 PM   #1
SubieDoo

Drives: a yellow BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Toyota 86 OEM (JDM) Side Window Deflectors

Hello Canadian 86/BRZ owners, let me begin by saying that I am jealous that the JDM side window deflectors are an OEM accessory in Canada. In the US, you can't buy them from a dealer and have to pay a premium to get them from Japan. With that said, I might be visiting Vancouver in the future and would like to pick up a set when I am in town.

I've never bought anything from a Canadian dealer before and am not sure if they work the same as American dealers. Greatly appreciate it if you could help me with the following questions:

• On the Canadian Toyota website, under "Exterior Accessories" it shows that the side window deflectors are $199.57 CAD (installed price, so including labor?). How much would it be if I just wanted the part (not installed)?
  • Can you just walk into any Toyota dealer in Canada and buy the part? Or would they require a Canadian VIN or proof of ownership?
  • Which dealer(s) would you recommend in the Vancouver area?

I am surprised no one (dealer) in Canada is selling these to the US and other parts of the world and charge the JDM premium. Apparently, Lexus Canada also offers these window visors as OEM accessories as well and those go for big $$$ ($500-600 USD?).

SubieDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 12:01 AM   #2
RayRay88

Drives: 2017 86 860 Special Edition
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubieDoo View Post
Hello Canadian 86/BRZ owners, let me begin by saying that I am jealous that the JDM side window deflectors are an OEM accessory in Canada. In the US, you can't buy them from a dealer and have to pay a premium to get them from Japan. With that said, I might be visiting Vancouver in the future and would like to pick up a set when I am in town.

I've never bought anything from a Canadian dealer before and am not sure if they work the same as American dealers. Greatly appreciate it if you could help me with the following questions:

• On the Canadian Toyota website, under "Exterior Accessories" it shows that the side window deflectors are $199.57 CAD (installed price, so including labor?). How much would it be if I just wanted the part (not installed)?
  • Can you just walk into any Toyota dealer in Canada and buy the part? Or would they require a Canadian VIN or proof of ownership?
  • Which dealer(s) would you recommend in the Vancouver area?

I am surprised no one (dealer) in Canada is selling these to the US and other parts of the world and charge the JDM premium. Apparently, Lexus Canada also offers these window visors as OEM accessories as well and those go for big $$$ ($500-600 USD?).

OEM part number: 0816218810
Should be about $100-$115CAD, I would call a day or two in advance to the dealership of your choice (really they all pull from a regional warehouse). Sometimes they have them in stock sometimes it takes about a day or two to ship in. I'm surprised the US doesn't carry these.

Enjoy your stay in Canada!
RayRay88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RayRay88 For This Useful Post:
SubieDoo (11-28-2020), Tcoat (11-30-2020), thedollarbill (11-28-2020)