follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List

Old 01-17-2019, 09:23 AM   #15
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis2011KR View Post
I assume if they are looking for a tire that's going to hook harder they aren't talking about all seasons...any true summer tire should have no problem as long as it's 40+ outside. I never found my Star Specs or similar 200TW tires to need to heat up for grip unless it was sub 40 degree weather and even then they hooked pretty well given their size (275's)

Oh totally, I was just pointing out that if he's looking for a tire with maximum grip while driving down the highway (roll race without a burnout first, etc), then an r compound is probably going to be a let down.

I'm not saying a 200tw EHP tire will suck when it doesn't have heat in it, but you can definitely feel the grip improve as they warm up. R comps will be even worse.
Old 04-21-2021, 03:36 PM   #16
ICauseCalamity

Drives: Totaled 2013 Toyota Corolla
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brz11b View Post
I just stalked your threads and your car is insane man. I love it.

Ok i will have to look into it. I have never been good with tires, this is the fastest cars I've owned right now so I've never really cared much or needed this level of grip.

EDIT: How do the hoosier stack up when not heated up? I need something that will perform well without really heating them up.
Hey I was looking at your thread and saw you had a Turbo FA20 pushing around 500 WHP I’ll be lower than that at around 400 but I wanted decent advice for a street setup. Hopefully you found something that works well. As of right now I’m looking at R888Rs on a 18x9.5 hopefully with lower control arms and coils I can get close to 0 camber as of right now I have -3.
ICauseCalamity is offline   Reply With Quote