follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northwest

Northwest AK, ID, OR, WA

User Tag List

Old 07-23-2020, 02:11 PM   #393
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,305 Times in 7,369 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistople View Post
I'm not sure if I'll get back out there this year. My wife and I just found out that we're expecting our first baby!

So naturally, I will become old and boring and sell my sports car..

..just kidding. I'll be back eventually. But until then, I'll continue sharpening my skills on the sim. I've been racing Formula Renault 2.0 lately and having a blast.
Congratulations
Old 07-23-2020, 07:05 PM   #394
rice_classic

Drives: Nevermorange FRS
Thanked 4,200 Times in 1,803 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistople View Post
I'm not sure if I'll get back out there this year. My wife and I just found out that we're expecting our first baby!

So naturally, I will become old and boring and sell my sports car..

..just kidding. I'll be back eventually. But until then, I'll continue sharpening my skills on the sim. I've been racing Formula Renault 2.0 lately and having a blast.
Congrats!

My son was born Jan 8th this year. Find a way to make it happen, trust me, you'll be desperate for a day out here and there and your wife will want to get rid of you for a day too. Between being a new dad, the COVID lockdown and working from home - I practically needed a straight jacket as I was losing my sanity. Thank god I could finally get out and play with the race car!

We just spent the weekend in the RV at Pacific Raceways during at last weekend's race weekend. He loves all the things to see and hear (ear muffs!).
NoHaveMSG (07-23-2020)
Old 09-01-2020, 12:31 PM   #395
mistople

Drives: 2017 BRZ (Sold), 2023 GR86
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Well, bad news follows more bad news.

First of all, we had a miscarriage. No sympathy needed. Just one of those things that happens. We'll try again.

Second of all, our S4 was stolen last Saturday right in front of our house. Just totally gone. They knew what they were doing. 3 VW/Audi cars stolen on the same night within a mile of us.

Lastly, after much back-and-forth, I ultimately decided to return my car back to stock and sell it. I just don't drive it anymore given how much other stuff we have going on in life. I'm looking for a new car project next year though, so this isn't a total goodbye. Hopefully I'll have more time to tinker after house projects die down a bit. Any ideas?

P.S. I'll be listing a CSG-ceramic coated (inside/outside) Ace A350 soon if anyone is interested. I also have new-in-box STI engine mounts, and whiteline subframe and diff bushings.
mistople is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mistople For This Useful Post:
DuMa (09-03-2020), NoHaveMSG (09-02-2020)
Old 09-02-2020, 01:30 AM   #396
rice_classic

I'm sorry for your hardship both human and non-human alike. I think we can all rally together and say with one big unified voice....

"Fuck 2020"
ArrrBussiere (09-04-2020), mistople (09-02-2020), NoHaveMSG (09-02-2020)
Old 09-04-2020, 07:58 PM   #397
ArrrBussiere

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ SC & 2018 Tacoma
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_classic View Post
I'm sorry for your hardship both human and non-human alike. I think we can all rally together and say with one big unified voice....

"Fuck 2020"
Could not agree more
ArrrBussiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 12:23 AM   #398
sachu

Drives: rocketship
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Here's a clip i put together today from Oct 3rd at PIR

sachu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sachu For This Useful Post:
bcj (10-12-2020), NoHaveMSG (10-12-2020)
Old 10-19-2020, 06:51 PM   #399
ArrrBussiere

I know this thread is probably more dedicated towards Auto-X but I am taking the BRZ to my first drift event in a few weeks and have a couple of questions for anyone who has done one:

1. The car has been running slightly rich (I THINK) since I bought it a couple of months ago and took off the factory header in favor of a CNT UEL header, but I haven't gotten my tune from Delicious on it yet. If I don't have it by that time, will it be a disaster? Should I not run the car if it isn't running *perfect*?

2. I know the pedal dance, but I'm fairly certain that doesn't disable ALL the nannies. What do I need to do for the car to be able to perform at this event the way I want it to?

I have extremely limited experience so my friend is going to be driving/teaching me as Spirit Peak is one of the best places to learn AND has a "burnout box" so I can try and get comfortable too. I am taking off the front bumper (Rocket Bunny V2), both front fenders (Todoroki over fenders), and hood (Seibon CF) so as to minimize the amount of damage that can happen AND because the supercharger heats up like crazy and running hoodless would just be better.

Is there anything else I'm missing? Any insights or general help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 10-19-2020, 07:40 PM   #400
NoHaveMSG

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrrBussiere View Post
I know this thread is probably more dedicated towards Auto-X but I am taking the BRZ to my first drift event in a few weeks and have a couple of questions for anyone who has done one:

1. The car has been running slightly rich (I THINK) since I bought it a couple of months ago and took off the factory header in favor of a CNT UEL header, but I haven't gotten my tune from Delicious on it yet. If I don't have it by that time, will it be a disaster? Should I not run the car if it isn't running *perfect*?

2. I know the pedal dance, but I'm fairly certain that doesn't disable ALL the nannies. What do I need to do for the car to be able to perform at this event the way I want it to?

I have extremely limited experience so my friend is going to be driving/teaching me as Spirit Peak is one of the best places to learn AND has a "burnout box" so I can try and get comfortable too. I am taking off the front bumper (Rocket Bunny V2), both front fenders (Todoroki over fenders), and hood (Seibon CF) so as to minimize the amount of damage that can happen AND because the supercharger heats up like crazy and running hoodless would just be better.

Is there anything else I'm missing? Any insights or general help would be greatly appreciated!
Without a wideband the best you can do is monitor temps. Not really ideal but I would just pay more attention to it. Maybe try to keep your runs short.

Pedal dance is a full nannies disable.
ArrrBussiere (10-19-2020)
Old 10-19-2020, 08:01 PM   #401
ArrrBussiere

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
Without a wideband the best you can do is monitor temps. Not really ideal but I would just pay more attention to it. Maybe try to keep your runs short.

Pedal dance is a full nannies disable.
The person who built the car, for whatever reason, put ZERO gauges in the car with the supercharger install. Don't know the reasoning behind that, but I've got a triple gauge pod on the way from Block8head and the three main gauges I need as well. After this event, the car is coming into my body shop for a full work-over and paint job as well as quite a few upgrades like stage 2 clutch, JR radiator/oil cooler combo, gauges, etc... so I am going to be taking it easy on the car and just trying to take it as easy as possible without limiting myself too much too.

I was reading about the dance in a couple of threads, and people were reporting how it would go into ICE lockout mode and all sorts of wonky shizz, so whatever I can do to mitigate anything that is what I want. Last thing I need is a full lock up while sliding sideways..
Old 10-19-2020, 08:43 PM   #402
NoHaveMSG

Garage
Quote:
I was reading about the dance in a couple of threads, and people were reporting how it would go into ICE lockout mode and all sorts of wonky shizz, so whatever I can do to mitigate anything that is what I want. Last thing I need is a full lock up while sliding sideways..
I have only heard a couple instances of that happening and never someone I have talked to in person. You can pull the ABS fuse and just eliminate it altogether. Then just pop it back in before the drive home.
ArrrBussiere (10-20-2020)
Old 10-20-2020, 10:24 AM   #403
ArrrBussiere

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
I have only heard a couple instances of that happening and never someone I have talked to in person. You can pull the ABS fuse and just eliminate it altogether. Then just pop it back in before the drive home.
Okay cool, I think I will give the dance a try and see how it goes. Worst case, I have to pull the fuse and put it back in after the event. Haven't decided if I'm trailering it up or going to drive it up with basically no front end panels. Not sure how much the law enforcement people would like a car with no bumper, fenders, and hood rolling up the highways
Old 10-20-2020, 07:43 PM   #404
rice_classic

Quote:
Okay cool, I think I will give the dance a try and see how it goes. Worst case, I have to pull the fuse and put it back in after the event. Haven't decided if I'm trailering it up or going to drive it up with basically no front end panels. Not sure how much the law enforcement people would like a car with no bumper, fenders, and hood rolling up the highways
"Sorry officer - I left my car outside in the city and the protestors stole my body panels."

That should work.
ArrrBussiere (10-21-2020)
Old 10-21-2020, 05:35 PM   #405
ArrrBussiere

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_classic View Post
"Sorry officer - I left my car outside in the city and the protestors stole my body panels."

That should work.

That is a good one! I had a few different ones lined up, but that one might just be the winner.
Old 11-17-2020, 02:35 AM   #406
sachu

Drives: rocketship
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
picked this up for next season to be able to do Ridge and ORP and maybe even thunderhill!

Also saw the photog had some pics from the porsche track day

Attached Images

Last edited by sachu; 11-19-2020 at 12:02 AM.
sachu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sachu For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (11-24-2020)