follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List
go_a_way1, MisterSheep

Old 01-19-2017, 10:42 PM   #757
vh_supra26
Site Moderator

Drives: Supra
Thanked 2,181 Times in 964 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Lexus RC F GT3: The Road to 24 Hours of Daytona

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm1I6SqAGxQ[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cPt-K-eY6I[/ame]
vh_supra26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 11:11 PM   #758
Silver Cervy
*Some really cool title*

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vh_supra26 View Post

All we need now is to get this guy into GT3 spec!

Silver Cervy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 08:20 PM   #759
Jen

Drives: 2016 WRX, 2016 Corvette Z51 3LT
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
My friend has the RC300. I don't like it at all. Inside is cramped and the gas mileage is poor and it takes premium. I'm not a big person either (5'5" about 118 lbs). And the other issue- you can't get a manual.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 08:27 PM   #760
krayzie
Drive From Home

Drives: BRZ STI Performance
Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,007 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
My friend has the RC300. I don't like it at all. Inside is cramped and the gas mileage is poor and it takes premium. I'm not a big person either (5'5" about 118 lbs). And the other issue- you can't get a manual.
That's the way Lexus is going these days since cramped means sporty and premium means performance (hey it's a luxury car you expect it to take regular gas with good gas mileage?), and ditching manual as a cash grab.
krayzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 09:10 PM   #761
Quentin

Drives: ‘16 4Runner, ‘19 Corolla HB
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krayzie View Post
That's the way Lexus is going these days since cramped means sporty and premium means performance (hey it's a luxury car you expect it to take regular gas with good gas mileage?), and ditching manual as a cash grab.

I don't think ditching manual is a cash grab. There are about 5 people that would buy it, so they don't make it. I would hands down have an IS350 F sport in my garage if it came in a manual. It was down to a 350 8AT and an FR-S when I was choosing and the 6MT gave the win to the FR-S. Now that I've scratched the sports car itch, I'll more likely go IS if I do another company lease vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quentin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 09:43 PM   #762
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2494 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krayzie View Post
Nope not a cash grab. If they made a manual then that would become a cash grab since they could charge a premium for it for the few that wanted one.
Old 10-22-2020, 12:51 AM   #763
vh_supra26
Site Moderator

Drives: Supra
Thanked 2,181 Times in 964 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
THE ULTIMATE F: 2021 RC F AND RC F FUJI SPEEDWAY EDITION

https://pressroom.lexus.com/the-ulti...edway-edition/

Quote:
All-New 472-Horsepower RC F Fuji Speedway Edition
Standard Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, Heated Electrochromic Exterior Mirrors, and Memory Driver’s Seat on RC F
PLANO, Texas (September 10, 2020) – The high-performance RC F races into the 2021 model year with its GT3-inspired looks and naturally aspirated 5.0-liter V8 producing 472 horsepower. New for 2021, the stunning coupe introduces the limited RC F Fuji Speedway Edition to its lineup, offering F enthusiasts a new way to express their bravura.

RC F is celebrated for having the best power-to-weight ratio offered in its class, the most powerful V8-powered Lexus to date boasts stunning looks, cunning dynamics, and a unique exhaust signature. Rated at 472 horsepower at 7,100 rpm and 395 pound-feet of torque at 4,800 rpm, the 5.0-liter V8 is a core element of the RC F’s athletic personality.

GONE IN 60 UNITS – THE 2021 RC F FUJI SPEEDWAY EDITION

Paying homage to the track where F began, the 2021 RC F Fuji Speedway Edition will be limited to just 60 units. Named after the world-renowned “Temple of Speed” in the foothills of Mount Fuji—the birthplace of Lexus high-performance—this unique edition embodies decades of development on this iconic track. Precisely engineered beyond the base RC F, this version of the performance coupe features master-crafted upgrades that work together seamlessly to push its performance to a new level. Featuring further weight reduction, Brembo Carbon Ceramic brakes, titanium exhaust, and an extensive use of carbon fiber aerodynamics, the RC F Fuji Speedway Edition is far more than an appearance package. The sum of the detailed enhancements can be experienced in the estimated 3.96 seconds it takes to accelerate to 60 mph from a standstill.

The RC F Fuji Speedway Edition will only be available in Arctic Blast Satin* or Cloudburst Gray*. Arctic Blast Satin – a Lexus-first – is a unique white paint possessing a semi-matte finish. The paint expresses a beautiful satin luster like that of a true matte finish, yet is durable enough go through an automatic car wash. Inside, every cockpit is decorated with Circuit Red leather-trimmed seats with Alcantara accents. Red Carbon Fiber ornamentation adorns the cabin for the ultimate distinction.

Included with the purchase of every RC F Fuji Speedway Edition will be a limited production MSTR automatic movement watch. The timepiece features RC F-inspired elements such as a gunmetal bezel, red stitching on its band, and Fuji Speedway and F logos.

WHAT’S NEW: 2021 RC F

New for 2021 is the inclusion of standard Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, heated electrochromic exterior mirrors, and a memory driver’s seat (excluding Fuji Speedway Edition). In addition, Intuitive Parking Assist is included to the available Premium Package. Other interior enhancements include a revised satin trim and steering horn pad design.

Android Auto compatibility is now included on the standard multimedia which already features Amazon Alexa integration, Apple CarPlay compatibility, Lexus Enform Wi-Fi (four gigabyte/one-year trial is included), and Lexus Enform Remote (three-year trial is included).

ONE EXHILARATING RIDE

The greatest measure of a vehicle’s response is the one it invokes in the driver. And it’s precisely why every element of the high-performance RC F is painstakingly scrutinized to minimize weight while maximizing aerodynamics. From hollow half shafts down to the smallest components like a compact air conditioning compressor, every gram was purposefully crafted for optimal performance.Lexus engineers worked with the RC F GT3 racing team to create a unique aerodynamics strategy that increases downforce for better grip and control through every turn. Even the airflow inside the wheel wells was carefully calculated. Air exits through the fenders, allowing the suspension to perform without disruptive air pressure, simultaneously enhancing handling and stability. And taking traction to the next level, each tread line on the RC F’s Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S tires features a specially developed compound to maximize grip.

From its muscular stance and available Premium Triple-Beam LED headlamps and taillamps, to its driver-inspired cabin including aggressively styled high-back sport seats, the RC F is the ultimate F, inside and out – on and off the track.

vh_supra26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 10:52 AM   #764
Sasquachulator
Pavement Grey

Drives: 2020 Toyota 86 GT, 2017 BMW X1
Thanked 2,220 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
toyota really needs to stop with these "special editions" which are not that much more than window dressing on the current car.
Sasquachulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 11:24 AM   #765
gymratter

Drives: BMW
Thanked 1,825 Times in 952 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

gymratter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 04:52 PM   #766
gymratter

Drives: BMW
Thanked 1,825 Times in 952 Posts