follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
go_a_way1, MisterSheep, Sarlacc

Old 05-03-2021, 02:54 PM   #2619
HKz
Reformed

Drives: '23 GRC, '11 Prius, '04 RAV4
Thanked 1,133 Times in 588 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
wtb jah ith ber
HKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 03:20 PM   #2620
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,937 Times in 11,375 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
It will be interesting to see what comes of the Epic vs Apple lawsuit that started today. I've never quite understood how Apple has gotten away with it's "our way or the highway" Apple Store and pricing model.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 03:22 PM   #2621
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,586 Times in 2,928 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spcmafia View Post
I got the Razer Kraken Ultimate Wired. The Synapse software gives you a lot of options to tweak the headphones however you like. It was tricky at the beginning to figure out because I'm very new to headphones but once I got it up and running they have been a great purchase.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/razer-k...?skuId=6391902
So ended up going with the HyperX Cloud Stinger Core, but... amazon delivered it to the wrong house. Instead I got someone's box from 2 blocks over!

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 04:11 PM   #2622
Jeremiah Snowden

Drives: Subaru
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Finished Cyberpunk and also went back to check out a few different endings (most are naff imo, just there to show you have choices, and some drag on too long, we'd get the point with less of that tbh, I have a few more different choices to make but dread going back, it took me like half a day just to try different choices from my last save already). Maybe they do this to somewhat hide that you basically decide most of it at the end and much like push a button for this or that almost, but it's pretty transparent regardless. I think it's a 7/10 at best game, but still I finished it, so.

I alternated between controller and mkb but mostly stuck with mkb though it makes driving so much worse, driving isn't the core of the gameplay even if there's quite a bit at times (though I guess you can always fast travel with the transit system if you don't care about things like the racing gigs). It took me 40 hours before trying the different choices though I also left it running and took calls/did other stuff so it was probably closer to 35. I ignored almost all gigs unless they popped nearby and I felt like checking out some loot and just did the main story and some of the big side stuff (romanced Panam btw). Not deliberately or anything mind you, just what I felt like doing organically as I played through and in the end saw that I barely did any of the gigs.

My dude was level 23 with most of his implant slots empty and evenly upgraded skills by the end but still the game was easy (on normal), I can't imagine being even more powerful even if there's level scaling going on so that it throws more of the advanced dudes at you with all that super speed and auto dodge stuff some did by the end of it (the quick hacking skills wrecked them anyway). I was basically wallhacking all over the place, getting headshots through walls while they took cover so I was often killing higher level guys that dropped loot I couldn't use for 10-15 more levels so I just dismantled it all, mostly at the side stuff, perhaps the main story scales more or is just lower level to begin with, I dunno without testing that aspect further and for now I don't really care to go back. I don't have any serious issues with the basic controls and combat, it's way better than The Witcher 3 for sure, I guess it's easier to get shooting right. It's pretty plain in feel and AI reactions etc., not unlike Bethesda games (so a huge improvement from The Witcher 3 in that aspect as well, though hardly amazing still). I enjoyed sneaking around certain areas that were designed well enough for that to feel good with the amount of enemies, patrols, distraction/hackable objects/routes, etc. Action combat reminds me of the Borderlands simple feel the most, though not with those high enemy numbers/damage sponges. It's pretty decent fun.

I think it would have been way better as a finely tuned more condensed of the greatest moments 15 hour per playthrough Deus Ex alike than this open world RPG/GTA stuff (the original Deus Ex that is, which just took you to areas of interest the story demanded and had them all meticulously designed to accomodate its gameplay and story goals rather than have a whole city where most stuff are naff and repetitive and you might as well be playing it like Borderlands just going through the motions of shoot and loot and only the big story areas are well designed in a similar way). More focused and balanced in gameplay and story. Maybe even like Syndicate (the FPS) instead of an RPG at all. The story in the end is V and Johnny's story with Mass Effect-esque branching paths and other minor variations, not a fully open create your unique character/live your cyberpunk life thing (which Bethesda does better most of the time, even while having a main story as much as I dislike those broken games of theirs, they can hook you). The bosses weren't anything to write home about but they showed up at the better designed levels and advanced the story and such so they were cool moments overall. Though often enough bugs ruined the impact of cut scenes with my character showing up bald instead of normal or general equipment style weirdness where it tried to force some stuff but failed.

Anyway, it's not a trainwreck on PC but I'm disappointed still. Yakuza: Like a Dragon still the GOTY by a wide margin.
UPD: the other day I tried to play Shadowlands for the 1st time. The latest expansion pack for the hit series World of Warcraft is just at the beginning of its journey, and is off to a strong start. The gameplay experience is still very fun and the amount of new content is insane. I hate grinding that's why I am used to fixing the issue via Despize. Anyway, only time will tell how successful this expansion pack will eventually be, but for now we can do nothing but to enjoy it.

Last edited by Jeremiah Snowden; 05-11-2021 at 09:13 AM. Reason: additional info
Jeremiah Snowden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jeremiah Snowden For This Useful Post:
Captain Snooze (05-04-2021), Dadhawk (05-03-2021), weederr33 (05-03-2021)
Old 05-03-2021, 05:26 PM   #2623
weederr33
Airborne at your service

I recently finished Cyberpunk as well (asked for Panam's help). I enjoyed the story overall, but I will agree some parts did linger far too long or didn't serve much purpose. Like the epilogue for siding with the Nomads. Like it was a glorified cut scene. It would have been better if I could have just rode of into the sunset with my bae Judy and then left it ambiguous as to whether V found a cure or just enjoyed her last 6 months.... oh yeah spoiler alert. Overall, I still liked it. I'd give it more of a 7.5 or 8/10.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
Old 05-06-2021, 09:07 PM   #2624
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Downloaded the enhanced edition for Metro Exodus. The game looked phenomenal already, but there are some nice changes to the lighting and shadows for sure! Just started it, but man my GPU is howling lol. Perks of a SFF set up I guess

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
Old 05-10-2021, 05:24 PM   #2625
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Anyone playing genshin :x.
Old 05-10-2021, 06:08 PM   #2626
Yoshoobaroo
TRACKBREAD

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,895 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Garage
Mass Effect LE on Friday! I am pumped!
Yoshoobaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 08:01 PM   #2627
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,937 Times in 11,375 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
And I thought my Steam backlog was bad...from the FAQ on the latest Steam client release.
Attached Images

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (05-18-2021), Spuds (05-18-2021), Wally86 (05-20-2021), x808drifter (05-18-2021)
Old 05-18-2021, 10:58 PM   #2628
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
And I thought my Steam backlog was bad...from the FAQ on the latest Steam client release.
just imagine the hard drive space needed for that...
Dadhawk (05-19-2021)
Old 05-20-2021, 08:47 AM   #2629
spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,141 Times in 1,986 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
I don't have anything against the bitcoin market, maybe I'm being selfish, but I'm actually quite happy that the whole thing seems to be, at least recently, slowing down, sheds some light in the hopes that I could possibly be able to upgrade my GPU. But then again, investing on the market is like gambling, some days you'll win big, but eventually you'll lose a lot if not all.
weederr33 (05-20-2021)
Old 05-20-2021, 11:31 AM   #2630
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Quote:
Originally Posted by spcmafia View Post
I don't have anything against the bitcoin market, maybe I'm being selfish, but I'm actually quite happy that the whole thing seems to be, at least recently, slowing down, sheds some light in the hopes that I could possibly be able to upgrade my GPU. But then again, investing on the market is like gambling, some days you'll win big, but eventually you'll lose a lot if not all.
I don't get the GPU mining thing and I'm glad it's slowing down a little too. Although I don't need to upgrade my card, I don't like that the scalpers are making it hard for people to enjoy the new 30 series cards.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (05-20-2021), spcmafia (05-20-2021), Wally86 (05-20-2021)
Old 05-20-2021, 01:13 PM   #2631
spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,141 Times in 1,986 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
I don't get the GPU mining thing and I'm glad it's slowing down a little too. Although I don't need to upgrade my card, I don't like that the scalpers are making it hard for people to enjoy the new 30 series cards.

You know my struggle, been trying since the beginning of this year. I was lucky to get my hands on a 1660 Super.
Wally86 (05-24-2021)
Old 05-20-2021, 02:52 PM   #2632
Transport3r

Drives: -
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Shadow of the tomb raider is on steam for $13. Worth it?
Transport3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pc master race, u no have 3080