follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 05-06-2021, 09:38 AM   #29
CrowsFeast

Drives: 2013 BRZ Sport-Tech
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daiheadjai View Post
Damn - now I want to know what shop it was so I can stay the hell away..
I think it was actually a reputable shop though. Frost always uses good people, just had a bad one-off.

Kind of like I got screwed once by Pfaff tuning/motorsports (never had a bad experience with Pfaff BMW though).
CrowsFeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 10:31 AM   #30
daiheadjai

Drives: 2003 S2000, 2008 Fit
Thanked 1,113 Times in 662 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowsFeast View Post
I think it was actually a reputable shop though. Frost always uses good people, just had a bad one-off.

Kind of like I got screwed once by Pfaff tuning/motorsports (never had a bad experience with Pfaff BMW though).
That sucks - hopefully the fact that the shop is reputable, means they'll have more incentive to make customers whole when they screw up.
daiheadjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 10:02 AM   #31
Lim

Drives: Scion FRS 2016
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
It's one thing if you WANT the insurance to cover all the aftermarket parts, you claim them & pay additional. ...
That all make sense in calculation of damage value, but that usually only small part of your premium.
Big part is liability and for that calculation of risks is a main factor. Such as location, age, accident history etc.
What I am worring is just reporting Performance mode, might tick extra risk factor and raise your premium way more than value of modes.
So have anyone reported Performance mode to their insurance company and what outcome it had?

I have a feeling no one did.
Lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 10:38 AM   #32
Berserker

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lim View Post
That all make sense in calculation of damage value, but that usually only small part of your premium.
Big part is liability and for that calculation of risks is a main factor. Such as location, age, accident history etc.
What I am worring is just reporting Performance mode, might tick extra risk factor and raise your premium way more than value of modes.
So have anyone reported Performance mode to their insurance company and what outcome it had?

If you are with a normal type insurance company 95% of car enthusiast's are not going to claim anything performance related. If you were looking to get insured with claiming performance in mind go right to a different insurance company like Hagerty for example that is more specialized in that type of thing.

Also if you are really worried don't go out on a limb and start making it harder for yourself with your insurance company lol.. You either decide you don't say anything for the minor parts you have or you go all in and pay extra / go with a specialized insurance company for no hassles.
Old 05-10-2021, 10:44 AM   #33
Tcoat
He who smelt it...

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 96,344 Times in 42,051 Posts
Mentioned: 2324 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lim View Post

You are only insuring the value of the mods so as long as you are not declaring a change in use of the vehicle they can not change your rate.
Some things to keep in mind though is that there are some fine print items in almost all policies that mean you could have coverage denied.

If you are charged and convicted of a criminal act while operating a motor vehicle they will deny all coverage. For example if you have an accident and are convicted of dangerous driving that is a criminal act and you would not be covered. If convicted with stunt driving or careless driving then they are not criminal acts (they are highway traffic act) and you would be fully covered. Mind you your new premiums would take a shitkicking either way.

If you are participating in any form of organized "race type" event and have not declared such participation in the use of vehicle then again you could be denied. This means if you smack it up in even something as simple as an AutoX event you may be out of luck. You would still have full coverage going to and from such event though.

All in all the rules are there to protect both the company and it's customers since as much as we may hate it they are there to make a profit and if they are paying out to every single person that totals their car on a track then the rest of us end up paying for it in the long run.

As has been said a few times though this thread I believe there was much more to the story that started it and we just didn't hear because it it wouldn't have sold papers (or got clicks) if they told all the facts.
soundman98 (05-10-2021)