follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 11-21-2020, 07:07 PM   #127
jflogerzi

Drives: 2013 Series 10 6MT FR-S
Thanked 2,004 Times in 1,452 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgranberg11 View Post
I'd just like to share this announcement click picture to read entire post! Happy Holidays. I'm going to try to be better about checking this thread moving forward. I updated my notifications, otherwise feel free to reach out to me via instagram.

That's some serious rubber

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
2013 Series 10 FRS #553
RCE T2's, SPC LCAs -4/2.6 camber
JDL 4-2-1 EL, FP and OP, Tuned by Zach@CSG on e85
RR Wilwood Front/Rear Sport BBK, Motul 600 Fluid
ARC-8 17x9 SX2 GTs 245s/Koing 17x8 v730's 225's
jflogerzi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jflogerzi For This Useful Post:
pgranberg11 (11-22-2020)
Old 11-22-2020, 01:47 PM   #128
Thefalls

Drives: Corolla GT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgranberg11 View Post
Time Attack Gridlife 2020 Season:

Gridlife Season Opener Gingerman Raceway:

Gridlife Rd. 2 Autobahn South:

Gridlife Rd. 3 MidOhio:

Gridlife Rd. 4 Road America:
What happened in the second video?

That wasn't a nice sound to hear.
Thefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 02:24 PM   #129
pgranberg11
BoostedBRZ

Drives: Turbo BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefalls View Post
What happened in the second video?

That wasn't a nice sound to hear.
My transmission finally took a shit haha
pgranberg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 01:10 AM   #130
jacobe38
@slothbrz on IG

Drives: Track BRZ - Supercharged
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
hows the verus radiator been?

still on that oem engine #2?

love the thread! currently in the middle of a jackson racing supercharger install w/ flexfuel. will be tuned via zach at csg.
jacobe38 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jacobe38 For This Useful Post:
pgranberg11 (04-10-2021)
Old 04-10-2021, 08:49 PM   #131
pgranberg11
BoostedBRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobe38 View Post
hows the verus radiator been?

still on that oem engine #2?

love the thread! currently in the middle of a jackson racing supercharger install w/ flexfuel. will be tuned via zach at csg.
Thanks! And yes, surprisingly lol. It's been through 2018, 19, and 20... Going to be year number for this year. Can't go wrong with the route you chose.
Old 04-11-2021, 12:14 PM   #132
jacobe38
@slothbrz on IG

Hopefully it works out. I did weigh supercharger vs turbo charger and wish I had found this thread at that point, it might have swayed me to do turbo instead. You make some good points about it, while I had been under the impression supercharging was safer/more reliable for mechanical failures. Mostly due to superchargers not applying a lot of low end rod bending torque like a turbo might. I had also followed the whole speed academy chapter with their FRS that they supercharged, and they seemed super happy with how that turned out. But I guess there are so many variables that its really case by case. I mean clearly you have a successful turbo setup.

I had a question about the fender vents - race louvers, right? Did you notice a difference with those? And are they just vented through the fender liner, or did you remove it entirely?

Last edited by jacobe38; 04-11-2021 at 01:14 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jacobe38 For This Useful Post:
pgranberg11 (04-12-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 03:19 PM   #133
pgranberg11
BoostedBRZ

Quote:
Hopefully it works out. I did weigh supercharger vs turbo charger and wish I had found this thread at that point, it might have swayed me to do turbo instead. You make some good points about it, while I had been under the impression supercharging was safer/more reliable for mechanical failures. Mostly due to superchargers not applying a lot of low end rod bending torque like a turbo might. I had also followed the whole speed academy chapter with their FRS that they supercharged, and they seemed super happy with how that turned out. But I guess there are so many variables that its really case by case. I mean clearly you have a successful turbo setup.

I had a question about the fender vents - race louvers, right? Did you notice a difference with those? And are they just vented through the fender liner, or did you remove it entirely?
to be honest, you can't go wrong with the jackson racing supercharger kit. If i had to buy a supercharger all over, I'd buy that kit.

For me, even though I had a kraftwerks kit, the c38 that i had is noticeably slower than the turbo. the gtx2860r is such a small turbo it really wakens the car up, more so than the supercharger. Turbo spool is basically non-existent. Additionally, it was just easier to maintain and a lot easier to switch boost maps. No need to change pulleys, just let ecutek do the magic with the cruise control stalk.. it's sweet.

As far as fender vents go, yes correct, Race Louvers. You won't be able to necessarily feel the difference, but I'm sure there are a few tenths here and there that add up to allow the high pressure zone to vent out. In my opinion, they would work even better with splitter diffusers. The company Professional Awesome makes these splitter diffusers and I'm in the middle of building my own wooden splitter in maximizing the gridlife streetmod ruleset.

As far as the question about the fender liner, I cut only a portion that is a little bit bigger than the vent itself. Removing the entire fender liner causes a lot more drag than people think. So retained most of the fender liner to avoid having air just randomly spilling into the engine bay and every which direction. Hope that helps!
Old 04-12-2021, 11:55 PM   #134
jacobe38
@slothbrz on IG

That does help, thanks a lot!

So I was thinking about you saying you were making a splitter, and I realized I totally saw you at round 5 last october. I was in a white brz, gold rpf1. i was checking out your car while you must have been away, and if you are interested in selling, i might be interested in buying your verus splitter. just saying

anyways, should my supercharger build end in disaster, I'll probably copy your turbo route. switching boost maps sounds pretty awesome.

noted about the vents. i'll leave it for a rainy day. plenty to do now. I was intrigued by the lower vents they sell though. https://racelouvers.com/brz-fr-s-86-...l-fender-trim/

I am brake ducting but just channeling air into the wheel well, not direct to hub. these, i think, might help move air through. I guess its a half-measure to cutting the fenders and folding that metal inward like a lot of people do
Old 04-15-2021, 07:04 PM   #135
pgranberg11
BoostedBRZ

Quote:
That does help, thanks a lot!

So I was thinking about you saying you were making a splitter, and I realized I totally saw you at round 5 last october. I was in a white brz, gold rpf1. i was checking out your car while you must have been away, and if you are interested in selling, i might be interested in buying your verus splitter. just saying

anyways, should my supercharger build end in disaster, I'll probably copy your turbo route. switching boost maps sounds pretty awesome.

noted about the vents. i'll leave it for a rainy day. plenty to do now. I was intrigued by the lower vents they sell though. https://racelouvers.com/brz-fr-s-86-...l-fender-trim/

I am brake ducting but just channeling air into the wheel well, not direct to hub. these, i think, might help move air through. I guess its a half-measure to cutting the fenders and folding that metal inward like a lot of people do
nice! i think i remember seeing your brz. i'm sure we'll meetup in person one of these gridlife events. i plan on going to most of them this year. I'll most likely do those too. The top vents are nice to remove high pressure caused by the wheel/tire itself so it helps with the top. The back fender vents will really help evacuate the rest. it'll especially help if you run splitter diffusers since a lot more air is being moved through that entire region.

My reasoning behind it is people have both the top vents and then the rear cut outs... but based on our fender design... there isn't really a lot of "space" per se to cut out or cut and bend in that would look good. So adding the extra vents will be the move.

as far as the brake ducting, I use to run the verus ones. when I upgraded to the stoptech bbk, the verus brake ducts were working so well i over cooled my rotors. After i collected some data with brake caliper temperature stickers I came to the conclusion that I didn't need the brake ducts anymore. So unless you absolutely think you need to run brake ducts, I wouldn't run them until data shows otherwise. if your pads/brake fluids are not performing to your expectation maybe your pad choice or brake fluid need to be upgraded. - again this is just recommendation/speculation since i have no idea what your brake setup is and i'm just sharing my experience.

oh, as far as the verus splitter goes, I wouldn't feel comfortable selling it since it's kinda beaten up and i'm re-using some of the hardware with the new splitter i'm building. I do have the carbon fiber splitter end plates for sale though. I was most likely going to list those for 100 on here when i get to it.
Old 04-16-2021, 12:41 PM   #136
jacobe38
@slothbrz on IG

That all makes sense, thanks for the explanations/input.

Again, thanks for the input on the brake ducting. I saw a really good article on this topic from AP brakes, ended up deciding to just port a hose into the wheel well aimed at the rotors but not a kit like the verus ones. just terminating at the inner fender liner.

this is partly because i had already found some used APR fog lamp ducts and i just shamelessly want to use them because i think they look cool, lol

and yeah, if youre referring to the verus splitter endplates, ill take those for $100, if nobody has called dibs yet. i had planned on buying a verus splitter setup at some point.
Old 04-16-2021, 01:03 PM   #137
pgranberg11
BoostedBRZ

Quote:
That all makes sense, thanks for the explanations/input.

Again, thanks for the input on the brake ducting. I saw a really good article on this topic from AP brakes, ended up deciding to just port a hose into the wheel well aimed at the rotors but not a kit like the verus ones. just terminating at the inner fender liner.

this is partly because i had already found some used APR fog lamp ducts and i just shamelessly want to use them because i think they look cool, lol

and yeah, if youre referring to the verus splitter endplates, ill take those for $100, if nobody has called dibs yet. i had planned on buying a verus splitter setup at some point.
Cool sounds good, I'll send you a DM!
Old 07-01-2021, 10:15 AM   #138
pgranberg11
BoostedBRZ

Gridlife Spring Kickoff 2021

I literally have no idea what I'm doing with this, but I guess I have to start somewhere. I had this idea that I wanted to share my experience as someone who does Time Attack that came from HPDE. So here's my very first crude VLOG mixed with comments and GoPro footage of what it's actually like being on and off track.

Sorry in advance for wasting 20mins of your life you won't get back

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pgranberg11 For This Useful Post:
Lantanafrs2 (09-03-2021), Stonehorsw (07-01-2021)
Old 09-03-2021, 05:04 PM   #139
pgranberg11
BoostedBRZ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pgranberg11 For This Useful Post:
Jdmjunkie (09-03-2021), jflogerzi (09-11-2021), MrSkubi (09-06-2021), NoHaveMSG (09-16-2021)
Old 09-16-2021, 05:00 PM   #140
pgranberg11
BoostedBRZ

Been super busy this season... I did five events with Gridlife and 3-4 other weekend events. Here are some of my PBs..

I beat my PB at Mid-Ohio from last year from a 138 to a 136:

Additionally, here was my second to last track event at Heartland Motorsports Park. I've never been here before and WOW. This track was a blast:
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pgranberg11 For This Useful Post:
BRZyJ (09-16-2021), Dzmitry (09-17-2021), NoHaveMSG (09-16-2021)