follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 01-02-2016, 09:10 AM   #1
Ryan P

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
FBM Walbro 485 fuel pump kit installation

For whatever reason it looks like I can no longer access the original FBM Walbro 485 fuel pump kit thread on this forum.

Anyway I purchased the kit a long time ago and I am finally getting ready to install it now. I have reviewed the repair manual and DIY for the Deastchwerks 265c but I still had some lingering questions. This is partly due to the additional metal ring and also because I have a trunk full of parts to sift through.

So the parts I have gathered for this install are as follows.

0. The pump, this only made the list because I know there is some smart ass out there like myself that would say it.

1. Metal ring with a rubber o-ring embedded (this is the main source of my confusion)

2. The metal retainer(not sure what else to call it) on the bottom of the pump where the filter goes

3. A bag of fasteners and brackets believed to be used for fastening the retainer to the pump [picture of provided fasteners]

I'll add a picture momentarily so someone can yell at me if I grabbed the wrong bag of fasteners.

If the aforementioned bag of fasteners are correct I assume the install will not differ much from the DIY mentioned above. I am not sure about the ring though. Does this get sandwiched between the basket and the outer ring?

Given the size variance between the stock pump and the Walbro I can only surmise that this is a spacer of sorts. But I would like some guidance on how to properly set the ring; o-ring towards bucket, o-ring facing outer ring.

Any help/suggestions/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan

Last edited by Ryan P; 01-02-2016 at 09:19 AM. Reason: added link to picture of parts
Ryan P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 11:38 AM   #2
Ryan P

For those who may run across this issue later in life a picture of the ring in question installed can be found here.

http://toptierimports.com/index.php?topic=6476.300

courtesy of @protpibe

Also it looks like the hardware is for something else not for the pump. The bottom bracket utilizes the stock tabs.

Now I just need to figure out how to get this cap to screw back on with the spacer in place
Old 01-03-2016, 11:44 AM   #3
Ryan P

Also does anyone know what these connectors are called. I'm trying to build a single plug and play harness in hopes of having a more solid connection vs the supplied butt connector.

Attachment1: Walbro terminal connector
Attachment2: OEM terminal connector
Attached Images