follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 03-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #1
cassidy0998

Drives: '99 Ranger / '94 APU Supra / Ninja!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Forza Horizon

The next Forza game is just around the corner.

Looks like it's going to be a cannonball/gumball type rally game possibly? Time will tell this is exciting news.

Also the news about Forza 4 finally getting Porsches just made my day!

Forza is stepping it up! Come on GT5!
cassidy0998 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cassidy0998 For This Useful Post:
Guff (06-13-2012)
Old 03-09-2012, 07:27 PM   #2
Snoopyalien24
Mr. Sarcasm

Drives: 2016 VW Jetta TSI Sport 5-Speed
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Best quote on the YT page

"if forza add's street racing to the game..my social life will no longer be needed."
Snoopyalien24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:53 PM   #3
mokinbird87
BOXER FR

Drives: WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
if this thing is anything near forza physics and combine a bit of need for speed fun factor, i think we have a winner
mokinbird87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:28 PM   #4
Gaiakai

Drives: '21 Civic Type R
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidy0998 View Post
The next Forza game is just around the corner.

Looks like it's going to be a cannonball/gumball type rally game possibly? Time will tell this is exciting news.

Also the news about Forza 4 finally getting Porsches just made my day!

Forza is stepping it up! Come on GT5!
Forza 4 is getting Porsches?? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #5
cassidy0998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaiakai View Post
Forza 4 is getting Porsches?? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes! There's a whole thread about it! I believe they are adding 30!! The pack will be released May 22.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:45 AM   #6
cassidy0998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopyalien24 View Post
Best quote on the YT page

"if forza add's street racing to the game..my social life will no longer be needed."

haha I saw that too. I think Horizon will be a gumball/cannonball type rally, so we may not see free roaming, but it will probably have a NFS feel to it. Perhaps with traffic and such on the roads. You could tell in Forza 4 that they were trying to reproduce traffic on some of the races by filling it with lower class cars as you try to race one higher class car.

This is super exciting news - I can't wait for them to release more about it.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:30 AM   #7
Draco-REX
Corner Junkie

Drives: 13 BRZ, 11 STI, 99 RS
Thanked 1,520 Times in 702 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidy0998 View Post
haha I saw that too. I think Horizon will be a gumball/cannonball type rally, so we may not see free roaming, but it will probably have a NFS feel to it. Perhaps with traffic and such on the roads. You could tell in Forza 4 that they were trying to reproduce traffic on some of the races by filling it with lower class cars as you try to race one higher class car.

This is super exciting news - I can't wait for them to release more about it.
I hate how traffic on the 'Ring doesn't follow ring rules for passing and being passed.
Draco-REX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:33 AM   #8
ZetaVI
Gundam Meister

Drives: A Gundam
Thanked 1,010 Times in 510 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
I can't for more info about this game even though i'm not a gamer. lol.
ZetaVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:34 AM   #9
blur
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Drives: E36 5.7 V8
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I play NFS the Run from time to time on my Trustmaster Ferrari GT (wheel+paddles+2 pedals, no FFB) and it really is fun, even with the arcadey handling. The environments are GORGEOUS, and have amazing weather effects. The only down sides is no interior view, small car selection and no customization. AKA everything Forza has. If Forza Horizon is what I think it is, it may just be the most exciting simulator(?) ever. I can't wait to tear up canyons in a Cayman c:

:P to GT5 fans

I posted this in the other Forza thread

Quote:
Forza Horizon is being developed by Playground Games in collaboration with Turn 10 Studios. Playground Games is an independent UK game development studio formed in 2009. It was founded by the leadership team responsible for award-winning racing franchises like TOCA, Colin McRae Rally, GRID, and DiRT. Over the past two years the studio has enhanced its core team with experienced developers from Bizarre Creations, Black Rock Studios, Slightly Mad Studios, Criterion Games, Rockstar North, and Ubisoft Reflections, among others. Today, Playground employs more than 100 staff at its headquarters in Royal Leamington Spa, working exclusively on Forza Horizon.
"Dev dream team? Everyone wants a free roam forza, and it looks like R* North (GTA5) is participating too...

Way too "
Old 03-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #10
MiguelAE86

Drives: NB Miata
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
NFS: The Run + Forza 4 = This.

I Called it.

EDIT: 2nd Called it, damn lol

Last edited by MiguelAE86; 03-10-2012 at 11:53 AM.
MiguelAE86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:46 AM   #11
blur
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiguelAE86 View Post
NFS: The Run + Forza 4 = This.

I Called it.
I clearly posted before you

Old 03-11-2012, 02:46 PM   #12
Allch Chcar

Drives: N/A
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Meh, I already have NFS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
Daily Driver, occasional weekend drifter.
Allch Chcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:56 PM   #13
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
So is the NFS the run worth getting now that's its cheaper?

And if Forza makes this into a gumball type game, that would be so awesome.

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
M-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:22 AM   #14
blur
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/06/for...the-fast-life/

Quote:
Total simulation racers are not something I’ve played much at all. I’ve got nothing against them, but I tend to drive like a maniac and a lot of the detailing and physics are like pearls before swine with a guy like me. Reflecting on my preferences makes the existence of a spinoff title like Forza Horizon apparent.

Playground Games, the title’s developer, is careful to say this is not “arcade racing,” it is “action racing,” every chance they get, I can’t speak to whether it really is a hardcore Forza Motorsport fan’s cup of tea. It seems to appeal to my colleague Jason Torchinsky at Jalopnik, and I’ll defer to his car knowledge. You should read his appraisal, and consider mine below more of a companion to it from a more casually interested perspective.

As a guy who really enjoyed the festival atmosphere of something that was arcade racing — MotorStorm — I appreciate the context that the Horizon Festival serves in this game and could see myself sinking some time into a very long weekend or two there.

Conceptually, the Horizon Festival melds what Playground wanted to do with the title — highlight car culture and a youth lifestyle, give you a lot of great courses to drive and a lot of fresh music to listen to as you do so. The open-world aspect introduces off-road to a Forza title, too, and civilian traffic supplies an additional hazard in your racing.

I ran through a demonstration level on the floor — it appeared to be the first mission, in which you were expected to finish among the top 10 racers to earn a wristband getting you into the Horizon Festival. Wristbands are a kind of social currency at these outdoor gatherings, explained Ralph Fulton, the game’s design director, and he was indeed wearing a lot of them. In Forza Horizon, they’ll chart your progress as you progress through the game’s ranking system.

In the demo, I was given experience points for normal racing tasks like burnouts, drafting, drifting, passing, and then also close calls with civilian traffic. Busting down fences or stop signs also accrues experience points, which seems kind of incongruous with a culture devoted to great looking cars, but who knows. I was running very well in my 2013 SRT Viper, slipping out of a draft, overtaking a competitor, drifting without leaving the pavement, feeling very confident. Then I clipped a stop sign, overcorrected, and plowed headfirst into a Prius. It didn’t completely disable me or kill the other driver, of course. This is a arc — an action racer.

The goal will be to become the No. 1 racer at the festival, a reputational achievement reflecting not only victory in races but performances within them. You can expect this to have a large effect on leaderboards both within your friends list and at large. The Festival is a hub serving as the game’s showroom and garage, where you can tune your car or acquire new ones. Out on the roads, encountering other festival goers gives you the opportunity to challenge them on-the-fly. If you’re unsure of where to head in the vast Colorado landscape for your next race, Kinect voice support will allow you to ask it a question — your next race, next event, or the location of the Horizon Festival, and the most direct route will appear on your road and the minimap.

The presentation and the physics will be up to the expectations of the Forza fan, Fulton assured us. The fleet will be a different lineup. Whereas Forza Motorsport would supply an extremely diverse roster of cars, allowing you to race anything from the ordinary to the exotic, the fleet here will be governed by two standards. Cars will have to be showpieces, for starters. Then, they should have useful capabilities in varied competition — thinking off-road here. So vehicles that offer a “diverse driving experience,” such as the Audi Quattro or Mitsubishi Evolution will be desirable, Fulton said.

The lineup isn’t yet set because all of the licensing hasn’t been worked out, Fulton said. But when the game arrives, those who have Forza 3 or Forza 4 gamesaves will be rewarded with additional automobiles at launch, depending on how deep they advanced in either game.

Arcade racer, action racer, whatever label suits you, Forza Horizon looks like a reasonable inducement for someone like me, at the periphery of the core racing experience, to give a Forza title a try. Clearly Microsoft is trying to grow that population with this kind of entry product. I’ll admit to being curious enough to want to give it a closer look when the game releases Oct. 23.