follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
BT, dpfarr

Old 12-06-2016, 01:48 PM   #1933
taiguy

Drives: 2013 Black BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
So troubleshooting on my end is going slowly (like it has all summer) however, Edelbrock did email me back a EO v2 calibration file that they said they released in October. If everything's been great for you guys, probably no need to upgrade however, just letting everyone know there's a new one out.

They're calling for 5" of snow tonight in Denver, so it'll be a bit til I get around to reflashing this.
taiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 01:59 PM   #1934
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Thanked 3,796 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B T View Post
I've been thinking about picking up a header for my setup, how much will it throw off my current tune? I don't mind it not being optimized for a couple months while I finish piecing the kit together, just want to make sure its not going to hurt anything. I'm piecing it because I'm looking for a specific sound.
What tune do you have now? CARB? You should be ok driving around town with it, just avoid any low rpm/high load (flooring it on the freeway, etc) or any red-line pulls. Basically, just avoid anything that can cause a lean condition.

I've done the same after installing my JDL headers, drove around with the CARB tune for a couple of weeks until I could get scheduled in with my local tuner. In the end, I couldn't get my schedule lined up with them because of work, so I ended up just going with DT.
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 12:02 AM   #1935
SooNomi

Drives: 2016 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
If they're able to sell it separately then I'll definitely look into getting one.
Saw this posted on Delicious Tuning's Facebook page:

We have the D-box available for purchase on our website, but it's only sold with a tune now, as it was not 100% compatible with other non-DT tunes. https://www.delicioustuning.com/d-bo...k_tune_package

The installation manual says that "This kit will work without any tuning on the CARB tune ..." but it apparently is no longer the case.
SooNomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 11:42 AM   #1936
B T

Drives: 15 BRZ, 2003 MR2, '70 Elky, 06 TBSS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatFlip View Post
What tune do you have now? CARB? You should be ok driving around town with it, just avoid any low rpm/high load (flooring it on the freeway, etc) or any red-line pulls. Basically, just avoid anything that can cause a lean condition.
I'm running a delicious tune with D-Box on 93 octane. With the roots style supercharger, will not the same amount of air and fuel still be pushed into the cylinder? I'm thinking it'll just allow the exhaust to exit more quickly allowing for a little more timing advance on the new tune.
Old 12-12-2016, 01:49 PM   #1937
Bfranklyn86

Drives: GT86 Harrop S/C
Anyone run a 4-1 header with this kit?
Bfranklyn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 07:32 PM   #1938
Xxyion
Lowly Cartuber

Drives: 2016 BRZ, 2005 Honda S2000
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Just got my Edelbrock Kit installed this weekend. Super happy to be an official owner of this amazing kit. It looks great and sounds great. Still refining the tune so i cant push the car yet but i cant wait till i finally do. I can already feel the low end torque and power. it's like a caged beast ready to be unleashed.
2016 Limited MT WR Blue BRZ | Delicious Flash n Go Tune | Delicious Flex Fuel Kit | Nameless 2.5" with 5" Mufflers | JDL UEL Headers | Bayson R Diffuser/Side Skirts | APR Front Splitter | VIS Racing GT Wing | ST Suspension Coilovers | Grammlights Rays 57CR 17x9 +38 | Sumitomo HTR Z iii 235/45/17 |
Xxyion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xxyion For This Useful Post:
Edelbrock LLC (12-13-2016), Silverfox (12-14-2016)
Old 12-13-2016, 08:08 PM   #1939
Randomfool

Drives: 2015 FR-S
I just installed the kit this weekend and my fuel trims and AFR are fluctuating quite a lot. Here is a log.
http://www.datazap.me/u/randomfool/l...2?log=0&data=6
Any one have any idea where I should start looking. I did hose clamp everything. Hoping its not something like the intake manifold gasket being damaged.
Randomfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 01:00 AM   #1940
taiguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomfool View Post
I just installed the kit this weekend and my fuel trims and AFR are fluctuating quite a lot. Here is a log.
http://www.datazap.me/u/randomfool/l...2?log=0&data=6
Any one have any idea where I should start looking. I did hose clamp everything. Hoping its not something like the intake manifold gasket being damaged.
You even hose clamped the evap solenoid? The kit doesn't include a clamp, you have to supply your own.
Old 12-14-2016, 04:09 AM   #1941
Randomfool

Yes, I used some extra ones I had, every hose had a clamp.
I did another log on the way home and IAM dropped so low. must be knocking due to AFR fluctuating. http://www.datazap.me/u/randomfool/log-1481688615
I must have goofed somewhere. Oh well it will be a learning experience.
In the morning I will check for leaks by spraying with starting fluid. Will clean the MAF sensor as well in case it is that. I'll see if I can see anything off with how I reinstalled the injectors as well. Those are the major screw-ups I can think of.

If anyone has any advice on what else to look for let me know. I'm still learning a lot =)
Old 12-14-2016, 04:43 PM   #1942
Xxyion
Lowly Cartuber

Drives: 2016 BRZ, 2005 Honda S2000
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Hey guys. I had a few questions about the Edelbrock kit.

So it was installed over the weekend and it hasnt been fully tuned yet as we are in the process of doing that.

Now since this was a big mod i know i can fully expect to hear new sounds coming from the engine bay. But i did want to do a little research before i go back to my mechanic on saturday for the next revision.

On cold start Idle or when the car isnt 100% warmed up yet, I get a small rattling sound when i start off in first gear. It goes away once i hit 2nd and about 15 mph. Normal?

I also hear what sounds like a whistling sound whenever i put in the gas. I assume this is normal but wanted to make sure. it's not the supercharger whine, that is very definitive and i can differentiate that sound from this one.

Also i have noticed the car seems to rev up a bit when i upshift. But i assume that will be dialed in when the tune is completed.

Thanks in advance!
2016 Limited MT WR Blue BRZ | Delicious Flash n Go Tune | Delicious Flex Fuel Kit | Nameless 2.5" with 5" Mufflers | JDL UEL Headers | Bayson R Diffuser/Side Skirts | APR Front Splitter | VIS Racing GT Wing | ST Suspension Coilovers | Grammlights Rays 57CR 17x9 +38 | Sumitomo HTR Z iii 235/45/17 |
Xxyion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 09:45 PM   #1943
Randomfool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxyion View Post
Hey guys. I had a few questions about the Edelbrock kit.
I also hear what sounds like a whistling sound whenever i put in the gas. I assume this is normal but wanted to make sure. it's not the supercharger whine, that is very definitive and i can differentiate that sound from this one.
I can hear the same whistling sound when I get on the gas. I assume it is normal.
Old 12-14-2016, 10:19 PM   #1944
Silverfox

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ, Edelbrock SC, E-85
Is anyone here running the high boost pulley on 91 or e-85?

What are your numbers ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Silverfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 12:53 PM   #1945
taiguy

OK. So I've had this behavior show up sporadically with every calibration file I've used since install - so I'm trying to figure out if it's mechanical or tune related.

Taking off from a stop in 1st gear, the RPMS will surge up and down on it's climb up, the car feels like it's bucking. I was lucky enough to capture this behavior in one of the logs I just recorded for Edelbrock.

See how the RPMS look like a sawtooth wave? This was actually fairly mild. It's been worse in the past.

It happens infrequently but enough that it's noticeable.

http://datazap.me/u/taiguy/log-14818...zoom=3041-3303
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taiguy For This Useful Post:
BigFatFlip (12-15-2016), sato (12-15-2016)
Old 12-15-2016, 03:43 PM   #1946
paiceyfan

Drives: 2014 Porsche Cayman S
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by paiceyfan View Post
I am considering that option, but we are saving for a trip to Africa, so I don't if or when that is going to be a possibility. Cheers!

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

I decided to go for it after my family came through and financially supported me (Christmas Gift). I am working with Neal to get the Delicious tune in the next week. Didn't realize there would be some after install refinement as part of the package, so that surprised me. Looking forward to it now.

So, that's the third significant mod after the S/C and the DWS tires.
BigFatFlip (12-15-2016)