follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 04-23-2018, 08:55 AM   #29
jtice

Drives: Man
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to jtice Send a message via AIM to jtice Send a message via Yahoo to jtice
Just wanted to thank everyone for the help again.

I got the Nameless 3" pipe, 5" muffler axle back used off the classifieds here.
Really liking it. Louder than stock, but not over powering, a nice level over the wind and road noise.
Deep rumble to it, especially when starting out. Actually has a slight hint of that UEL rumble at very low rpm.
Then it gets a higher gruffy sound to it in the higher rpms. Down shifts sound great. No rasp or crackles at all.
The only time it drones is when you are decelerating and off the throttle. If you touch the throttle at all, the drone is gone completely.
jtice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:41 PM   #30
revaholic

Drives: 2016 Ablaze Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I’m glad you liked your choice with the Nameless! I had the Nameless axleback for a while and I did like the sound at lower speeds, but I thought it definitely did drone at highway speeds. It annoyed me enough for me to go back to stock. Anyway here’s a video I did of my nameless. I’m interested in the corsa if it doesn’t drone though.

revaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 02:27 PM   #31
Xxyion
Lowly Cartuber

Drives: 2016 BRZ, 2005 Honda S2000
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtice View Post
Just wanted to thank everyone for the help again.

I got the Nameless 3" pipe, 5" muffler axle back used off the classifieds here.
Really liking it. Louder than stock, but not over powering, a nice level over the wind and road noise.
Deep rumble to it, especially when starting out. Actually has a slight hint of that UEL rumble at very low rpm.
Then it gets a higher gruffy sound to it in the higher rpms. Down shifts sound great. No rasp or crackles at all.
The only time it drones is when you are decelerating and off the throttle. If you touch the throttle at all, the drone is gone completely.
Glad you are enjoying it man! I definetly like the 3" a little more than the 2.5" as its just less droney and raspy in general (not sure why) but i'm not so picky i'd get rid of the 2.5" i have. Glad you found something that you enjoy!
2016 Limited MT WR Blue BRZ | Delicious Flash n Go Tune | Delicious Flex Fuel Kit | Nameless 2.5" with 5" Mufflers | JDL UEL Headers | Bayson R Diffuser/Side Skirts | APR Front Splitter | VIS Racing GT Wing | ST Suspension Coilovers | Grammlights Rays 57CR 17x9 +38 | Sumitomo HTR Z iii 235/45/17 |
Xxyion is offline   Reply With Quote