follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 07-01-2015, 12:41 PM   #1
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Torque required for oil cooler sandwich plate and spacer??

My car is down with a damaged supercharger. In the interim I restored the pulleys to stock, plugged the PCB breather vent rerouted the air filter/intake/maf so I can move the car back into the garage. Installed the oil cooler radiator and pipes and just installed spacer/sandwich plate. Its a holiday here so I did my best with an adjustable wrench tightening it down and oiled the gaskets beforehand.
Just at idle it leaks at an alarming rate.
I will get the proper deep socket tomorrow but unsure what will be sufficient torque to seal the gaskets??

PS its from CX racing although the parts look to be high quality with what appears to be Viton gaskets.
Thanks.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:54 PM   #2
D_Thissen

Drives: '13 Argento FR-S (Sold)
Thanked 1,439 Times in 855 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
What happened to the S/C?!?
Old 07-01-2015, 02:22 PM   #3
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Thissen View Post
What happened to the S/C?!?
Look in Forced induction HKS owners thread details. I accidentally reversed the traction oil lines and ran it dry when installing the missing oil cooler and filter in a messed up deal on a used unit for (only $3400 ) Canadian $. Apparently the person attempting to rebuild says the unit has been tampered with previously. The bolt holding the pulley plate on was so overturned it broke off attempting to remove it.
I will likely have to buy a replacement blower a la carte. This will end up being aother $3500 unanticipated cost by the time I am done. Never will I buy anything like this used ever again.

Anyway, still waiting for helpful advice on the sandwich plate please...
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 02:23 PM   #4
BatStig
Some say.....

Drives: 2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Perrin's calls for 25 ft/lbs.
BatStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 03:51 PM   #5
Cop

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
Look in Forced induction HKS owners thread details. I accidentally reversed the traction oil lines and ran it dry when installing the missing oil cooler and filter in a messed up deal on a used unit for (only $3400 ) Canadian $. Apparently the person attempting to rebuild says the unit has been tampered with previously. The bolt holding the pulley plate on was so overturned it broke off attempting to remove it.
I will likely have to buy a replacement blower a la carte. This will end up being aother $3500 unanticipated cost by the time I am done. Never will I buy anything like this used ever again.

Anyway, still waiting for helpful advice on the sandwich plate please...
Good lord that sounds horrible. Good luck with everything bud.
Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cop For This Useful Post:
wbradley (07-01-2015)