follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > ASIA

User Tag List

Old 07-18-2012, 10:16 PM   #155
twitism

Drives: Toyota 86/VW Golf GT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyslow View Post
hmm okay.. what was yr main decision to switch over from a 5dr, 5 seater car, to a 2dr 2+2 ?

(even tho we know the rear seats are almost non-existence lol)
the golf is an awesome car. i wouldn't have switched it for any others. 230bhp from a 1.4 engine! where else to find such good power/liter ratio?

but.. u only live once, i need and i want to drive a proper sports coupe before i can't
twitism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:25 AM   #156
twitism

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsky44 View Post
I was driving the WRX.
btw bro.. have u done anything to your brz? i wanna get the shark-fin antenna.. got lobang?

first time modding jdm, any good workshops to go or recommend?
Old 07-19-2012, 05:59 AM   #157
liquidsky44

Drives: AVO Turbo Subaru BRZ / Subaru WRX
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitism View Post
btw bro.. have u done anything to your brz? i wanna get the shark-fin antenna.. got lobang?

first time modding jdm, any good workshops to go or recommend?
I think there is a few websites u can get it. But from what I understand our antenna base come equip with the gps antenna as well. So I'm not sure if you'll be able to retain that function if you change it to the shark fin type.
liquidsky44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:02 AM   #158
liquidsky44

Smile

For workshop maybe you can try spt. Coz they're quite familiar with Subarus. And partially they're good with our boxer engines.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:01 AM   #159
JL78

Drives: Toyota GT86
Quote:
the golf is an awesome car. i wouldn't have switched it for any others. 230bhp from a 1.4 engine! where else to find such good power/liter ratio?

but.. u only live once, i need and i want to drive a proper sports coupe before i can't
hi bro, do you think it is a wise choice for me to get 86 for the next car, i just sold my beloved mkv gti, i know there's lot about its' awesome handling (not possible for gti to have such of the handling no matter the modding is), the downside is the bhp & torque which i'm pretty sure there will be aftermarket upgrade/modding in the near future.

cheers!
JL78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:35 AM   #160
twitism

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL78 View Post
hi bro, do you think it is a wise choice for me to get 86 for the next car, i just sold my beloved mkv gti, i know there's lot about its' awesome handling (not possible for gti to have such of the handling no matter the modding is), the downside is the bhp & torque which i'm pretty sure there will be aftermarket upgrade/modding in the near future.

cheers!
seriously, it depends on what you are looking for in the next car. definitely, coming from a golf, the 86 will feel underpowered and smaller.

however, as u already mentioned, it's all about handling and getting back to basics with this car.

why don't u go test drive it and see where ur heart point u to?
Old 07-22-2012, 04:46 PM   #161
liquidsky44

Quote:
seriously, it depends on what you are looking for in the next car. definitely, coming from a golf, the 86 will feel underpowered and smaller.

however, as u already mentioned, it's all about handling and getting back to basics with this car.

why don't u go test drive it and see where ur heart point u to?

How's the ride so far??
Old 07-22-2012, 10:42 PM   #162
RPAracing

Drives: Civic2011
Send a message via ICQ to RPAracing Send a message via MSN to RPAracing
strut bar&anti roller kit

Did there any one interested in these products,pls call me.
RPAracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:17 PM   #163
twitism

i've just ordered the sharkfin antenna and applied swissvax crystal rock on the car.. haha

now i'm searching for work emotion rims in sg.. anyone here went for staggered setup?
Old 07-31-2012, 11:55 AM   #164
liquidsky44

Quote:
i've just ordered the sharkfin antenna and applied swissvax crystal rock on the car.. haha

now i'm searching for work emotion rims in sg.. anyone here went for staggered setup?
Was tempted to but in the end went for the same size for all four corners just to keep the ride balance. Our cars don't have a lot of power to overcome this issue like those heavily modified drift cars with staggered setup. But if you're just going for the looks then go ahead. I also do think that the car will look great with the staggered setup.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:01 PM   #165
twitism

Quote:
Was tempted to but in the end went for the same size for all four corners just to keep the ride balance. Our cars don't have a lot of power to overcome this issue like those heavily modified drift cars with staggered setup. But if you're just going for the looks then go ahead. I also do think that the car will look great with the staggered setup.
what rims did u get? can share the offset and tyres as well?

i'm thinking of getting the work emotion rims.. 18x8.5 all round but front +47 and rear +38 with 225/40 front 245/35 rear. i think this will flush better than 18x9.5 rears

haha and getting 8.5 all round, i can revert to same size later on if i want too
Old 08-02-2012, 09:54 AM   #166
liquidsky44

Quote:
what rims did u get? can share the offset and tyres as well?

i'm thinking of getting the work emotion rims.. 18x8.5 all round but front +47 and rear +38 with 225/40 front 245/35 rear. i think this will flush better than 18x9.5 rears

haha and getting 8.5 all round, i can revert to same size later on if i want too
I'm got a spare set so decided to fix it up. It's the wedsports Sa-55m. 17 7.5jj offset 40. But thinking of changing it to te-37 or rota ikr coz I want a wider rim. Preferably at least 8jj with offset of 35 so at least the rear wheels can flush with the body. Oh and I'm using potenza re070. The tires make a lot of difference compared to stock. Able to turn in with a lot of confidence while giving a more predictable slide when the rear start to lose tractions. Oh btw where did you order the antennae from?
Old 08-02-2012, 11:28 AM   #167
twitism

Quote:
I'm got a spare set so decided to fix it up. It's the wedsports Sa-55m. 17 7.5jj offset 40. But thinking of changing it to te-37 or rota ikr coz I want a wider rim. Preferably at least 8jj with offset of 35 so at least the rear wheels can flush with the body. Oh and I'm using potenza re070. The tires make a lot of difference compared to stock. Able to turn in with a lot of confidence while giving a more predictable slide when the rear start to lose tractions. Oh btw where did you order the antennae from?
i wanna get the goodyear F1A2 tyres.. really love them on the golf. and i see many of the peeps here fitting 18x9.5 +38 at the rear.. but some of the pics seem to be jutting out a bit.. +35 can flush?

i got it from beat-sonic, where most of the peeps here got it from.. direct from japan
Old 08-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #168
liquidsky44

Quote:
i wanna get the goodyear F1A2 tyres.. really love them on the golf. and i see many of the peeps here fitting 18x9.5 +38 at the rear.. but some of the pics seem to be jutting out a bit.. +35 can flush?

i got it from beat-sonic, where most of the peeps here got it from.. direct from japan
I think jutting out can be corrected by camber adjustment.