follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southeast

Southeast AR, AL, GA, FL, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN

User Tag List

Old 05-28-2014, 10:28 PM   #855
J3NN4

Drives: '14 FR-S, '05 Silverado
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawn_Mower View Post
Anybody have experience with Randy Marion Subaru in Mooresville? I'm not sure if my experience is skewed from being used to Volkswagen's service, but I've been less than impressed with them.
I had a really bad time there when I was looking to buy the BRZ. They were really rude, and the sales guy scraped the paint off the front bumper of the car I test drove when he turned down a side street too fast, and hit it at a bad angle, he was just like, "oh, no one looks there." And then gave me a huge speech about how low these cars are and that's it so normal.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
J3NN4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:39 PM   #856
Gunman

Drives: 2019 Mazda Miata RF
Thanked 1,317 Times in 736 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by J3NN4 View Post
I had a really bad time there when I was looking to buy the BRZ. They were really rude, and the sales guy scraped the paint off the front bumper of the car I test drove when he turned down a side street too fast, and hit it at a bad angle, he was just like, "oh, no one looks there." And then gave me a huge speech about how low these cars are and that's it so normal.

You're the second person I heard that from. When I purchased mine, I was in and out in an hour, they hit my price on the first try, and the deal was done.
Gunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:42 PM   #857
J3NN4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunman View Post
You're the second person I heard that from. When I purchased mine, I was in and out in an hour, they hit my price on the first try, and the deal was done.
I posted on the subreddit about it a few months ago and got a few messages from people who had more or less the same experience. The guy was also really pissy with me when I said I didn't want the dealership decal on the car after he told me they screwed them in. They don't, from what I've heard, so I have no idea why he made such a big deal out of it.

He was really young and douchey so it might have just been him but I didn't really like what he did to the car and then tried to force it on me.

Old 05-29-2014, 04:46 AM   #858
SilverlightPony

Drives: '13 Subaru BRZ, '06 Toyota 4Runner
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I'm tellin' ya, If it's feasible to make the trip, go see Jim Gamble at Folger Subaru. Amazing guy.
SilverlightPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:20 AM   #859
Gunman

Garage
Quote:
I posted on the subreddit about it a few months ago and got a few messages from people who had more or less the same experience. The guy was also really pissy with me when I said I didn't want the dealership decal on the car after he told me they screwed them in. They don't, from what I've heard, so I have no idea why he made such a big deal out of it.

He was really young and douchey so it might have just been him but I didn't really like what he did to the car and then tried to force it on me.

Weird. Colby was my sales guy, and and not only did they never try to put on a dealer decal, he had them leave a lot of the plastic coverings on stuff. He said that was routine for the BRZ and WRX/STi sales, since owners generally prefer to do all that.

I guess I got lucky.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:30 AM   #860
Lawn_Mower

Drives: GTI, BRZ
Quote:

I had no issues with sales, service sucks though.
Quote:

I don't know if it's even worth mentioning it honestly, but I was super disappointed when I they didn't wash my car for me, and gave it back dirtier than when I dropped it off. I've never been involved with a dealer that didn't wash the car before it was delivered back to the customer, especially when having to have major warranty work less than 3 weeks after owning the car.

That, and not to mention the quality of their work is severely lacking, there were several things not quite finished when I picked the car up last week. The service adviser actually went and got tools to finish it himself and saw nothing wrong with that.

Once the final piece of my dash that they damaged/lost/couldn't fit comes in I don't think I'll be taking it back to them.
Lawn_Mower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:18 AM   #861
J3NN4

Quote:
Weird. Colby was my sales guy, and and not only did they never try to put on a dealer decal, he had them leave a lot of the plastic coverings on stuff. He said that was routine for the BRZ and WRX/STi sales, since owners generally prefer to do all that.

I guess I got lucky.
Colby was the one who did the scraping. Feel bad for whoever bought the silver one. =/ he may have been having a bad day, I dunno. Another guy was trying to talk my mom into buying the WRX and he shut that down fairly quick, so that was nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawn_Mower View Post
I had no issues with sales, service sucks though.

I don't know if it's even worth mentioning it honestly, but I was super disappointed when I they didn't wash my car for me, and gave it back dirtier than when I dropped it off. I've never been involved with a dealer that didn't wash the car before it was delivered back to the customer, especially when having to have major warranty work less than 3 weeks after owning the car.

That, and not to mention the quality of their work is severely lacking, there were several things not quite finished when I picked the car up last week. The service adviser actually went and got tools to finish it himself and saw nothing wrong with that.

Once the final piece of my dash that they damaged/lost/couldn't fit comes in I don't think I'll be taking it back to them.
When I bought my frs, they "forgot" to wash it. It was covered in rain spots and leaves haha. My mom's '04 taurus needed some work done a few months ago, they detailed it for free and it wasn't even the dealer we bought it from.

I don't really mind if it's not washed, but it definitely shouldn't look worse when you get it back. =(

Old 05-29-2014, 12:05 PM   #862
Gunman

Garage
Now you guys have me nervous, lol. I do most of my own maintenance, but take the car to them for warranty work.

I'll have to ask Colby about the scrape. I've only scraped mine once, before it was lowered, and that was just the bottom of the front fascia coming out of a driveway in the mountains of VA. I scraped the underside on those speed mountains behind the Mooresville Walmart, after I lowered it.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:09 PM   #863
Lawn_Mower

Drives: GTI, BRZ
Quote:
Now you guys have me nervous, lol. I do most of my own maintenance, but take the car to them for warranty work.

I'll have to ask Colby about the scrape. I've only scraped mine once, before it was lowered, and that was just the bottom of the front fascia coming out of a driveway in the mountains of VA. I scraped the underside on those speed mountains behind the Mooresville Walmart, after I lowered it.
Yeah, I probably won't be taking it back to them. The sent an email this morning asking how I felt about the service that was performed and asking to give them 10's on their survey. I replied back with a long, well written email detailing all of my frustrations, we'll see what they say.

I don't know how much of my frustrations are me expecting too much from being used to VW's service idk.
Lawn_Mower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 02:06 PM   #864
J3NN4

Quote:

Oh god those speed humps back there are awful. I go to CVCC in Hickory and the speed humps are like that there so I'm hesitant to lower it until I graduate.

I can't remember what road it was on. It was one of the side streets before the Burger King that I think closed down.

I asked to test drive it, and you know how awful traffic is on Plaza around lunchtime so it was pretty much gridlocked. He said he'd take it down some back roads for me so I wouldn't be stuck in traffic trying to test drive it. He was trying to turn in front of a car and just hit it way too fast and straight up, so it scraped and bounced.

Colby wasn't the douchey one, though, I can't remember what that guys name was. Colby was just sort of... uninterested in it altogether, really, and kept asking if I'd like to look at the Impreza or Outbacks.

Nothing really compared to the guy at Toyota in Statesville trying his hardest to convince me to look at the tC's because "they have the same engine, seriously, it's just a different body style, it's more female-friendly and better suited for someone your age."

The entire process of buying this damn car was a total headache.

And I was only one digit off on the license plate, too

Old 05-29-2014, 02:49 PM   #865
SilverlightPony

Quote:
Nothing really compared to the guy at Toyota in Statesville trying his hardest to convince me to look at the tC's because "they have the same engine, seriously, it's just a different body style, it's more female-friendly and better suited for someone your age."
Ugh, I ran into someone like that at Town & Country Toyota in Matthews last year. Went looking for a 4Runner, asked the guy that greeted me if they had any in stock, he went "sure!" and took me over to a corner of the lot with nary a 4Runner in sight and started trying to sell me on Rav4s. Don't ever go there.
Old 05-29-2014, 02:53 PM   #866
J3NN4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverlightPony View Post
Ugh, I ran into someone like that at Town & Country Toyota in Matthews last year. Went looking for a 4Runner, asked the guy that greeted me if they had any in stock, he went "sure!" and took me over to a corner of the lot with nary a 4Runner in sight and started trying to sell me on Rav4s. Don't ever go there.
I ended up buying mine from Hendrick in Concord, no issues really aside from general salesmen bullshit and a lady that was overly pissed off because I didn't want the extended warranty that was going to tack on ~$7k to the price.

Toyota in Hickory wanted a $2k deposit just to test drive the car. The one in Statesville kept trying to lead me to the trucks since I'd drove a Silverado there, so obviously I wanted another truck despite saying that I didn't.

And for some reason, I'm still getting calls/emails/texts from a salesman from Dodge asking if I want to trade my FR-S in on a Dart. That's exactly what I want to do, god, why didn't I just buy one in the first place?!
Old 05-29-2014, 03:02 PM   #867
SilverlightPony

Sadly, bullshit like this seems to be all too common, which is why I keep trying to point people to Mr. Gamble at Folger Subaru. I experienced absolutely none of this bullshit.
Old 05-29-2014, 03:11 PM   #868
J3NN4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverlightPony View Post
Sadly, bullshit like this seems to be all too common, which is why I keep trying to point people to Mr. Gamble at Folger Subaru. I experienced absolutely none of this bullshit.
I'd called Hendrick before driving down there to verify that they did in fact have the car I wanted, and apparently they'd transferred me to their online sales guy. He was extremely nice and super helpful and even sent me pictures of every single FR-S they had on the lot to prove they were actually there. When I finally got there and met up with him, he's like, "Oh, no, I'm not actually a salesman, let me find you one," and then I was able to actually test drive it for more than a minute and came home with it.

So I was pretty pleased with that experience considering all the ones before it were total shit.