follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 12-21-2013, 12:04 AM   #57
h4nh

Drives: Turbo BRZ & Supercharged E90 M3
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPI_Jack View Post
So I installed mine today, it's so quiet...almost stock. Idk if its me or not, I may order an over pipe and front pipe soon.
Did you drive it around yet? It sounded super quiet when I first installed but I drove it around a bit and it opened up. I also have 1 cat removed because of the turbo header so stock header might be a little bit quieter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFBRZ711 View Post
Damn, very tempted to order but just sucks there's no warranty. MPI Jack, I'm in Tampa. Maybe you wouldn't mind me passing by your shop one of these days and checking out the exhaust. I head out to Miami every couple of months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Call them and ask. I'm sure they will take care of their product within reason. I don't think anything there's much that can fail on a cat back system. They're just pipes.. the only thing I worry about on exhaust is fitment which I didn't have any issues with.
h4nh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to h4nh For This Useful Post:
JFBRZ711 (12-21-2013)
Old 12-21-2013, 05:22 PM   #58
MPI_Jack

Drives: '13 FRS, '02 BMW 530i(550HP, turbo)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFBRZ711 View Post
Damn, very tempted to order but just sucks there's no warranty. MPI Jack, I'm in Tampa. Maybe you wouldn't mind me passing by your shop one of these days and checking out the exhaust. I head out to Miami every couple of months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea come by whenever!
Old 12-21-2013, 05:24 PM   #59
MPI_Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4nh View Post
Did you drive it around yet? It sounded super quiet when I first installed but I drove it around a bit and it opened up. I also have 1 cat removed because of the turbo header so stock header might be a little bit quieter.
It has opened a bit, I had my friend drive it by me, it is louder than stock and is starting to open up a bit. Not loud in the cabin at all, almost stock.

I'm def ordering a front pipe asap, idk whether to go with an invidia resonated(so there is no rasp, or one of the $110 J2 ones from ebay and ad an aero resonator later if it's raspy.
Old 12-21-2013, 05:38 PM   #60
h4nh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPI_Jack View Post
It has opened a bit, I had my friend drive it by me, it is louder than stock and is starting to open up a bit. Not loud in the cabin at all, almost stock.

I'm def ordering a front pipe asap, idk whether to go with an invidia resonated(so there is no rasp, or one of the $110 J2 ones from ebay and ad an aero resonator later if it's raspy.
They have a shipment of over pipe/front pipes coming in January. I can test the fitment and make sure it's good if you want to wait.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to h4nh For This Useful Post:
diirk (12-25-2013)
Old 12-22-2013, 08:18 PM   #61
MPI_Jack

Quote:
They have a shipment of over pipe/front pipes coming in January. I can test the fitment and make sure it's good if you want to wait.
I may wait, if not I'm ordering the Tanabe catless pipe from my distributor.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:37 AM   #62
diirk

Drives: 4Runner
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
I had the budget quiet system delivered yesterday. Installed last night. Delivery from Topspeed was right on time if not early. They also included a license plate frame and some stickers.

Install took me about an hour. I had to put the car on four jack stands to have enough room to unbolt the front end of the exhaust. But I'm not a little guy. Everything lined up well, no issues.

Sound is good. Only a little louder than stock and lower in tone. Haven't had much time to really get a feel for it.

Overall, I'm happy with the purchase.
Attached Images

waiting on a Neptune Premium MT
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to diirk For This Useful Post:
JonAvalon (12-25-2013)
Old 12-25-2013, 05:29 PM   #63
h4nh

Quote:
Originally Posted by diirk View Post
I had the budget quiet system delivered yesterday. Installed last night. Delivery from Topspeed was right on time if not early. They also included a license plate frame and some stickers.

Install took me about an hour. I had to put the car on four jack stands to have enough room to unbolt the front end of the exhaust. But I'm not a little guy. Everything lined up well, no issues.

Sound is good. Only a little louder than stock and lower in tone. Haven't had much time to really get a feel for it.

Overall, I'm happy with the purchase.

Looking good! Did you do it by yourself? I forgot to mention I had a friend lend a hand so that's why it was so quick to install.
Old 12-25-2013, 07:21 PM   #64
diirk

Garage
Quote:
Looking good! Did you do it by yourself? I forgot to mention I had a friend lend a hand so that's why it was so quick to install.
I did it myself with the wife handing me tools and such. But I did have to lift it on 4 jack stands to get under far enough to reach the bolts on the front part of the exhaust.

I also tried to preassemble the center section to the muffler, but that's a no-go. Keep the parts separated and install one at a time. Otherwise you can't get the center pipe through the hangar.

I used the floor jack to hold the rear of the long pipe up while I bolted it to the front pipe (reusing the OEM hardware) and for bolting up the center pipe (using newly supplied hardware) after running it through the hangar.

Once that was up, I used the floor jack to position the muffler. Overall, it was an easy install. A little WD40 on the exhaust hangars made the removal and installation easy.

Old 12-30-2013, 06:26 AM   #65
z3ro
Banned

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by diirk View Post
I did it myself with the wife handing me tools and such. But I did have to lift it on 4 jack stands to get under far enough to reach the bolts on the front part of the exhaust.

I also tried to preassemble the center section to the muffler, but that's a no-go. Keep the parts separated and install one at a time. Otherwise you can't get the center pipe through the hangar.

I used the floor jack to hold the rear of the long pipe up while I bolted it to the front pipe (reusing the OEM hardware) and for bolting up the center pipe (using newly supplied hardware) after running it through the hangar.

Once that was up, I used the floor jack to position the muffler. Overall, it was an easy install. A little WD40 on the exhaust hangars made the removal and installation easy.
How many floor jacks do you have?
z3ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:01 AM   #66
smbstyle

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Looks like the stainless version is just the axleback only? Wonder how much quieter their axleback is than the full catback?
smbstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:19 PM   #67
diirk

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3ro View Post
How many floor jacks do you have?
I have several, but for this project I just used one.

The Following User Says Thank You to diirk For This Useful Post:
z3ro (12-30-2013)
Old 12-30-2013, 09:53 PM   #68
TRD_86

Drives: 2013 86 white
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

[/QUOTE]

Man, is it a refresh of EVo3 ? look almost identical design
Is it $400 buck and no warranty product? Good deal but I'm concerned if the product rusted in a short time ...
TRD_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:49 PM   #69
h4nh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD_86 View Post

Man, is it a refresh of EVo3 ? look almost identical design
Is it $400 buck and no warranty product? Good deal but I'm concerned if the product rusted in a short time ...[/QUOTE]

Here's what I got from the owner of top speed:

If you live up north where it snows and there's salt on the roads it will need to be cleaned everytime it's exposed to salt or it will rust by the flanges/ surrounding areas. Use stainless steel cleaner/ polish from autozone.

Other than that, there should be no issues.

I will keep you guys updated on the exhaust on my car as well.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:15 AM   #70
kakarot1657

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ (Galaxy Blue)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaVaGeRaIn View Post
Looks nice. Don't suppose you know the weight of the overall setup? TIA
Quote:
Hmm good question. I don't know. I just got it and installed it without any reason to weigh it. lol. My best guess would be that it probably weighs same as the Nvidia or similar stainless exhaust.
I just ordered these Yesterday and UPS is showing 51 LBS. IDK what the weight of the stock ones are but thats not bad not like I'll be taking it to the track or anything.