follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 12-07-2016, 02:04 PM   #85
Ammunition

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Hey Folks,

I apologize if this isn't the right place to post this, but I wanted an opinion from those of you who have ordered this spoiler in FRP.

This is the first raw FRP part that I've purchased as typically I order my parts painted if the option is available. I received my spoiler, and am concerned about several smaller chips in it, and a particular chip in one of the corners where the spoiler sits on top of the trunk.

I know that raw FRP will generally need a bit of sanding done prior to paint, and maybe even some minor filling, but I'm not sure if this is normal for a spoiler that I've heard nothing but good things said about with regards to the quality.

Here are a few pictures that I took upon inspecting my spoiler - http://imgur.com/a/t6VZ7

Josh @Kami Speed - you've probably seen a few of these as I know you supply them, so if you (or anyone else that can chime in) would have the time to PM me your thoughts, I'd really appreciate it as I hate feeling badly about a part that I was so excited to receive, and am worried about locating a shop within my area can address the issues with it prior to having it painted.

Otherwise - love, love this spoiler and how large it is while maintaining the natural elegance and lines of the car.
Ammunition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 02:22 PM   #86
thecarfilmer
IG: @nickwiththefrs

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S Halo
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Mine looked a bit like that too. My friend did a pretty good job sanding a few of those chips down so its for sure doable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammunition View Post
Hey Folks,

I apologize if this isn't the right place to post this, but I wanted an opinion from those of you who have ordered this spoiler in FRP.

This is the first raw FRP part that I've purchased as typically I order my parts painted if the option is available. I received my spoiler, and am concerned about several smaller chips in it, and a particular chip in one of the corners where the spoiler sits on top of the trunk.

I know that raw FRP will generally need a bit of sanding done prior to paint, and maybe even some minor filling, but I'm not sure if this is normal for a spoiler that I've heard nothing but good things said about with regards to the quality.

Here are a few pictures that I took upon inspecting my spoiler - http://imgur.com/a/t6VZ7

Josh @Kami Speed - you've probably seen a few of these as I know you supply them, so if you (or anyone else that can chime in) would have the time to PM me your thoughts, I'd really appreciate it as I hate feeling badly about a part that I was so excited to receive, and am worried about locating a shop within my area can address the issues with it prior to having it painted.

Otherwise - love, love this spoiler and how large it is while maintaining the natural elegance and lines of the car.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:08 PM   #87
Extreme86
Live Free, Drive Hard

Drives: 13 BRZ, 19 WRX, 10 GMC, 20 RAV4
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
My raw FRP spoiler arrived from @Kami Speed in good shape; no major blemishes, chips or cracks. Primer prep before paint finishing is all that was needed.

Old 10-14-2017, 08:40 PM   #88
Kravos

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Kravos
Brice A
CA, USA

Just installed today
Kravos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kravos For This Useful Post:
Extreme86 (04-12-2018)
Old 10-16-2017, 08:51 AM   #89
Toyota86_671

Drives: Toyota 86
Where can we order this wing?
Toyota86_671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:35 AM   #90
Kami Speed

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Kami Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota86_671 View Post
Where can we order this wing?
A lot of guys on this forum have got it from me

http://www.kamispeed.com/Leg-Sport-D...s.ls8b1007.htm

Just a heads up. The pictures on our website show it coming with double sided tape. Legsport has now stopped shipping them with it. Since some people would just bolt it in and also to reduce costs.
Kami Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 01:23 PM   #91
NeedsBoostt

Drives: '19 WRX STi; Ex. '17 BRZ owner
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kami Speed View Post
A lot of guys on this forum have got it from me

http://www.kamispeed.com/Leg-Sport-D...s.ls8b1007.htm

Just a heads up. The pictures on our website show it coming with double sided tape. Legsport has now stopped shipping them with it. Since some people would just bolt it in and also to reduce costs.

Have you had the chance to confirm/test fit the spoiler on the 2017 Limited BRZ? It has a different hole pattern over the previous models. Would like to know if anyone has confirmed that it covers all 3 holes...
NeedsBoostt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 02:06 PM   #92
Kami Speed

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Kami Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedsBoostt View Post
Have you had the chance to confirm/test fit the spoiler on the 2017 Limited BRZ? It has a different hole pattern over the previous models. Would like to know if anyone has confirmed that it covers all 3 holes...
That, we do not have any knowledge on unfortunately. If anyone that has bought from us wants to chime in. I only know of it covering the holes in the earlier years.
Kami Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 11:27 PM   #93
Kravos

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedsBoostt View Post

Where are the 3 holes? How far forward are they in relation to the bend down to the license plate?
Kravos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 12:37 AM   #94
NeedsBoostt

Drives: '19 WRX STi; Ex. '17 BRZ owner
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kravos View Post
Where are the 3 holes? How far forward are they in relation to the bend down to the license plate?
Haven’t had the chance to take off the wing and measure myself... sorry not helpful. This discussion here is helpful for some reference, you can see where the holes are and the user’s experience with the CFW spoiler which did not fit.
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114227
NeedsBoostt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 04:45 AM   #95
RSKYBZ
Aloha Served Daily

Drives: 2015 BRZ World Rally Blue
Garage
@RSKYBZ on the forums, @jvyjr_ on instagram

Jessie

Hawaii, USA

Bought from Revision Audio located in Honolulu, Hawaii.

Enjoy.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:51 PM   #96
thecarfilmer
IG: @nickwiththefrs

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S Halo
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Bringing back up this thread.. I previously had a legsport wing before and it fit perfectly. I recently just ordered one off of japanparts because the US is backordered on these. The fitment on this one is a tad odd. the area where it goes above the trunk garnish, doesnt line up when the ends of the spoiler make contact with the trunk as if its "floating". It sits about 1 cm higher if the whole spoiler makes contact with the top of the trunk. I can try to get pictures to make my explanation easier lol
Old 05-21-2018, 04:56 PM   #97
HyperblueJon

Drives: Brz
Does the stock non painted ducktail come with a carbon fiber gloss finish on the outer facing sides? I ordered one to color match it but got this , it was white and not painted on the picture when I ordered it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
HyperblueJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 07:56 PM   #98
thatfilipinoguy

Drives: 87 Supra, 13 FRS, 05 FXT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hi everyone! Happy New Year to you all. I just wanted to ask how else you can tell if the spoiler is authentic. I'm planning on picking one up, just wanted to verify before making the transaction.
thatfilipinoguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duckbill, leg motorsports, spoiler