follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 11-10-2020, 03:10 AM   #15
SUSPECT_BRZ

Drives: 2020 Subaru BRZ TS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
UPDATE :

Two weeks after bringing back the vehicle, they still could not reproduce the issue (sure) and decided to replace all the injectors.

The vehicle still seems to be misfiring on cold mornings.

Decided to take a little hit and trade the car.

Bought a Subaru Crosstrek Outdoor 2021. Might be the best daily driver I've ever owned. SO comfortable.
SUSPECT_BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SUSPECT_BRZ For This Useful Post:
AnalogMan (11-12-2020), RToyo86 (11-12-2020), Tcoat (11-10-2020)
Old 11-12-2020, 09:47 AM   #16
AnalogMan

Drives: 2019 BRZ Limited 6 speed Red
Thanked 1,012 Times in 338 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUSPECT_BRZ View Post
UPDATE :

Bought a Subaru Crosstrek Outdoor 2021. Might be the best daily driver I've ever owned. SO comfortable.
You're absolutely right, it's an amazingly comfortable and capable daily driver. We bought a Subaru Crosstrek for my wife's daily driver. She absolutely loves the car. She usually doesn't care at all about cars, couldn't tell you if her car has 2 or 4 doors if her life depended on it, but the Crosstrek is her favorite car she's ever had in her life.

The experience of buying her the Crosstrek, and my spending time with the car and appreciating the little details of how well it's designed, engineered, and built, is what re-ignited my interest in Subarus (the last one I owned was a 1976 DL Coupe). After buying the Crosstrek, I went out and bought a WRX for my own daily driver, and then a BRZ just for the fun of it.
AnalogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AnalogMan For This Useful Post:
daiheadjai (11-18-2020), SUSPECT_BRZ (11-13-2020), why? (11-15-2020)
Old 11-13-2020, 03:06 PM   #17
SUSPECT_BRZ

Drives: 2020 Subaru BRZ TS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogMan View Post
You're absolutely right, it's an amazingly comfortable and capable daily driver. We bought a Subaru Crosstrek for my wife's daily driver. She absolutely loves the car. She usually doesn't care at all about cars, couldn't tell you if her car has 2 or 4 doors if her life depended on it, but the Crosstrek is her favorite car she's ever had in her life.

The experience of buying her the Crosstrek, and my spending time with the car and appreciating the little details of how well it's designed, engineered, and built, is what re-ignited my interest in Subarus (the last one I owned was a 1976 DL Coupe). After buying the Crosstrek, I went out and bought a WRX for my own daily driver, and then a BRZ just for the fun of it.
Subaru really made it "back to basics" with the Crosstrek and the BRZ. I think they are both extremely well engineered and easy to work on. I'm coming from big GM american V8s, and the possibility to do everything myself on a vehicle renewed my enthusiasm as well.

It's quite the upgrade overall over the Hyundai product, both in terms of practicality and comfort. I predict it's gonna be much more reliable as well, and fun to work on.

There is something practical about owning two vehicles from the same manufacturer as well, they often use the same layout and technologies in their vehicles.
SUSPECT_BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SUSPECT_BRZ For This Useful Post:
AnalogMan (11-14-2020)
Old 11-14-2020, 10:03 AM   #18
AnalogMan

Drives: 2019 BRZ Limited 6 speed Red
Thanked 1,012 Times in 338 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUSPECT_BRZ View Post

There is something practical about owning two vehicles from the same manufacturer as well, they often use the same layout and technologies in their vehicles.
I'm even more not right in the head than owning two vehicles from the same manufacturer. We own three - my wife's Crosstrek, and my not only BRZ but also a WRX.
AnalogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AnalogMan For This Useful Post:
SUSPECT_BRZ (11-14-2020)