follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 06-08-2023, 09:50 PM   #1
KiK

Drives: 19’ GT86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
KW V3 vs KW V3 CS & Camber Plates and End Links

Hi,
I'm currently planning my next upgrade suspension-wise but there are a few things that I still can't quite understand.

1- Is the KW V3 and the KW V3 Clubsport the same thing but the Clubsport includes camber plates?

If no, what's the difference?

If yes
2- The KW V3 and the KW V3 Clubsport are 1200€ apart, wouldn't be better to get the KW V3 and the RACESENG Camber plates?

3-I don't plan on slamming the car but I've read that End-Links are a good buy in terms of future proofing the car and being conservative longevity wise. Roads here are a bit crap and I already have a clunking noise on the FR with the stock suspension.

Would the Whitelines KLC179 and KLC182 Anti-Roll bar links be any good?

And, if it matters, everything suspension related will be installed, aligned and corner balanced by professionals.

If it also matters, the car is daily driven, but sees a lot of spirited driving and occasional track days.

Last edited by KiK; 06-08-2023 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Extra information
KiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 01:29 AM   #2
strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,478 Times in 4,998 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Unless you need the kw camber plates for road legal inspections, the raceseng camber plates are way better.

With modest lowering and kw struts the oem end links will be lowest maintenance. The white lines came loose on me.
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 10:32 AM   #3
Racecomp Engineering

Drives: 2016 BRZ, 2012 Paris Di2 & 2018 STI
Thanked 7,241 Times in 2,962 Posts
Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Racecomp Engineering
The regular KW V3 are softer at 4 kg/mm front and 5 kg/mm rear.
KW V3 Clubsport are 6 kg/mm front and 7 kg/mm rear (with valving to match).

I quite like the KW camber plates + rear mounts and would prefer them over Raceseng for a daily driver. They're quieter in my experience and the pillowball is sealed on the bottom side which is nice.

The advantage of the Raceseng plates is a little extra caster. You might be able to get a little more camber out of them. They are good plates too.

I'm not sure which camber plates have a lower stack height but my gut says it's the KW's (for more bump travel). But that's eyeballing it.

- Andrew
Racecomp Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Racecomp Engineering For This Useful Post:
MrSkubi (06-10-2023)
Old 06-09-2023, 11:06 AM   #4
KiK

Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
Unless you need the kw camber plates for road legal inspections, the raceseng camber plates are way better.

With modest lowering and kw struts the oem end links will be lowest maintenance. The white lines came loose on me.

I actually do need them for certification purposes (since I believe they are required for TUV compliance) however I wouldn't mind getting the stamp on and then swaping the camber plates provided that the benefit would overcome the cost and the effort.

Do you know any other good adjustable end links other than the whitelines? Because I'm confident that mines are busted anyway and for the price the dealership will ask me for it it won't be much different from an aftermarket one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecomp Engineering View Post
The regular KW V3 are softer at 4 kg/mm front and 5 kg/mm rear.
KW V3 Clubsport are 6 kg/mm front and 7 kg/mm rear (with valving to match).

I quite like the KW camber plates + rear mounts and would prefer them over Raceseng for a daily driver. They're quieter in my experience and the pillowball is sealed on the bottom side which is nice.

The advantage of the Raceseng plates is a little extra caster. You might be able to get a little more camber out of them. They are good plates too.

I'm not sure which camber plates have a lower stack height but my gut says it's the KW's (for more bump travel). But that's eyeballing it.

- Andrew

Thanks! So there is an actual difference. I'm inclined to go with the V3 CS with the CS plate and call it a day. I don't plan on any crazy lowering nor any crazy camber.
Old 06-09-2023, 01:50 PM   #5
marco_mc22

Drives: Toyota 86
Just a note: actual V3’s can handle springs up to 7kg/mm on front and rear, of course you have to expect a narrower window for setups.
They cannot be revalved officially, while CS can.
V3’s do have lifetime warranty while CS don’t.

To me, regular v3’s with CS camber plates and rear lowering mounts are an awesome street/light track setup.
marco_mc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 01:45 PM   #6
Ruben_86_

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I use kW v3 cs with 7kg / 8kg springs and after 30,000km hard use they are still working perfect, the camber plates make no noise.

I am very very content with this suspension
Ruben_86_ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ruben_86_ For This Useful Post:
Racecomp Engineering (06-11-2023)
Old 06-10-2023, 05:32 PM   #7
RACECAR go brrr!
Custom Switch Panels!

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Series.Blue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
One key difference is that if you have the normal V3s (like I did), and you're an idiot, and when calling to get them rebuilt after 80,000 miles, mention that you did autocross on them (like I did), then they kindly tell you that your warranty is void... because the regular V3 isn't meant to be used for competition (I'm dumb and didn't realize that at the time.)

Soooo that's how I wound up with RCE T2s, which are just tweaked V3 Clubsports, and handle so much better, without really being all that much more uncomfortable, lol.

Order your own custom Toyobaru switch panel at www.racecargobrrr.com!
RACECAR go brrr! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RACECAR go brrr! For This Useful Post:
Racecomp Engineering (06-11-2023)
Old 06-10-2023, 08:37 PM   #8
KiK

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco_mc22 View Post
Just a note: actual V3’s can handle springs up to 7kg/mm on front and rear, of course you have to expect a narrower window for setups. They cannot be revalved officially, while CS can.
V3’s do have lifetime warranty while CS don’t.

To me, regular v3’s with CS camber plates and rear lowering mounts are an awesome street/light track setup.

Thanks, I will be going with the CS. Given my location dealing with warranty will be more painful that simply go to a local suspension shop that works with KW to repair / revalve them so that's not really a concern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruben_86_ View Post
I use kW v3 cs with 7kg / 8kg springs and after 30,000km hard use they are still working perfect, the camber plates make no noise.

I am very very content with this suspension

Happy to know that, I will be going with the V3 CS, your replies gave me the confidence I needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACECAR go brrr! View Post
One key difference is that if you have the normal V3s (like I did), and you're an idiot, and when calling to get them rebuilt after 80,000 miles, mention that you did autocross on them (like I did), then they kindly tell you that your warranty is void... because the regular V3 isn't meant to be used for competition (I'm dumb and didn't realize that at the time.)

Soooo that's how I wound up with RCE T2s, which are just tweaked V3 Clubsports, and handle so much better, without really being all that much more uncomfortable, lol.

Hi, crazy to see you replying on my thread, I've just installed your cubby hole switches a few days ago

What I will be doing won't be exactly competition, however, thanks for the heads up!
The Following User Says Thank You to KiK For This Useful Post:
Ruben_86_ (06-12-2023)