follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 08-31-2013, 03:46 PM   #29
frs

Drives: frs
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enraged21 View Post
sorry to see that man. but were your wheels painted or dipped?
painted.
frs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:00 PM   #30
gzpermadi

Drives: Toyota 86 Silver
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
This really sucks to see. Sorry you got hit like that. I'm suspicious when I'm stopping. I always glance at the rear view mirror while leaving a decent gap in front of me, then I just inch up on the guy in front of me if the guy behind doesn't appear to be slowing down. It's a habit I've developed randomly.
This could be dangerous as the rear impact will push your car to hit the car in front.
A friend of mine got hit from behind by a large SUV and he didn't leave good distance to the car in front of him, resulting the SUV paid for his rear damage and he had to pay for the front car damage.

Leaving safe distance is the best thing to do.
I still trying to find safest way to come out from this situation. If you were the first at traffic light you might be able to swerve around but if you were in a dead stop queue not much you can do. Maybe bump your horn hoping the driver to notice.
gzpermadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:35 PM   #31
Nevermore
Wayward Member

Drives: Hot Lava 86
Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,386 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzpermadi View Post
This could be dangerous as the rear impact will push your car to hit the car in front.
A friend of mine got hit from behind by a large SUV and he didn't leave good distance to the car in front of him, resulting the SUV paid for his rear damage and he had to pay for the front car damage.

Leaving safe distance is the best thing to do.
I still trying to find safest way to come out from this situation. If you were the first at traffic light you might be able to swerve around but if you were in a dead stop queue not much you can do. Maybe bump your horn hoping the driver to notice.
Yeah, leaving distance is exactly what I do. I leave a sizable gap between me and the car in front of me and only close it when I need it, or when I know the car behind me has stopped. I don't close that gap before hand. It saved me once because I looked up and noticed the guy behind me looking completely to his left, so I left that gap and just kept inching up, heard screeching tires as the guy behind me slammed his brakes, but he just barely missed running into me. If I had stopped any shorter he would've hit me.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:36 AM   #32
fistpoint

Drives: Supercharged Golf Cart
I'm thinking the car is so low that when people driving the giant idiot-mobiles are behind you in traffic, they are basically focused on the vehicles in front of you because of how easily they can see over.

Sort of like how motorcycles are often overlooked.
fistpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:24 AM   #33
ric342
FR-S driver

Drives: ULTRAMARINE Scion FR-S
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by frs View Post
i was stopped in a traffic jam, then got rear ended
I feel your pain bro, I hope your okay. I got rear ended on the 16th and it was not good the car is still in the shop
ric342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:40 AM   #34
solidONE

Drives: FR-S Whiteout
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Dang I got rear ended late June as well. The other day, maybe 2 week ago, I saw a smashed asphalt fr-s right after the off ramp by where I live.
solidONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:47 AM   #35
Steve201brz

Drives: BRZ
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
speechless. i have the worst road rage, this angers me just looking at it. i get that accidents happen, but theres really no excuse for rear ending in traffic. they really need to start penalizing, heavily, for careless driving. if you don't give a shit about how you drive a 2 ton box of metal with wheels, you don't need to be driving

hope it turns out the best for you, and i like the wheels btw. wouldn't have even noticed they were the stock rims haha (they are the stock ones right?)
Steve201brz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve201brz For This Useful Post:
frs (09-03-2013)