follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Scion FR-S and Toyota 86

User Tag List

Old 06-02-2016, 08:16 PM   #15
mav1178

Drives: 2005 Toyota Camry
Thanked 6,093 Times in 3,029 Posts
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgroschi View Post
Wow this is the first forum complaining about sharing a relatively good video about a car you guys should be interested in. If this is the reaction from you guys I might as well delete my account. I didn't want to offend anyone or create drama. Also, I am not just "some youtuber"... I have worked for car magazines and TV for several years now and just do this for fun on the side.

I am really surprised of the issue here since of course I share my content with people who will be most interested in seeing it. If that is breaking any rule here the please ask the admin to remove this post and I will delete my account. Cheers.
Surprised at people telling you that your content is commercial in nature? I'm not, given your motives for pushing your own content.

If you just do it for fun, why do you monetize your videos?

-alex
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mav1178 For This Useful Post:
Cole (06-03-2016)
Old 06-02-2016, 08:49 PM   #16
Kgroschi

Drives: I test many cars
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
I enjoyed the video. But I found it very entertaining the reviewer (or you) had that typical German accent.
Haha great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
It's not against the rules, honestly was just responding to the one guy.
Gotcha. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Nah we aren't as mean as it may read. We just like to comment on things (you should see what happens if somebody puts stickers on their car and posts a picture). Like I said if there was an issue it would already be gone. As Ashi, I was also just commenting on the other post and the fact we had 3 in a short period looking for Likes. It was nota criticism just and observation.
Let's face it if you are making money from the number of Likes or views you get and you specifically ask for them then it is technically a "commercial" thread and there are rules for that.
All is good in the world.
Alright, sounds good then

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-Sky View Post
Thanks for the reviews,,but i had experienced the car myself =]
That's great for you and most other people on here
Kgroschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 08:53 PM   #17
Kgroschi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
Surprised at people telling you that your content is commercial in nature? I'm not, given your motives for pushing your own content.

-alex

You have got to be kidding me. Do you know how much this sort of production costs to make!? I would be literally re*arded not to share it with car enthusiasts (which you seem not to be). Sharing your video with people who are interested (or should be interested) in this content, has nothing to do with a commercial purpose. I am not gonna waste my time discussing. If you have any problem with it, report it. It's your right.
Old 06-02-2016, 09:02 PM   #18
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
You have got to be kidding me. Do you know how much this sort of production costs to make!? I would be literally re*arded not to share it with car enthusiasts (which you seem not to be). Sharing your video with people who are interested (or should be interested) in this content, has nothing to do with a commercial purpose. I am not gonna waste my time discussing. If you have any problem with it, report it. It's your right.

Alex C always has an attitude on the forum ignore that.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:13 PM   #19
Vic4uf

Drives: FRS, Camry
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I wanted to hear about what you didn't like. You held back. Besides an extra 100 hp, what else would you have wanted to change?
Vic4uf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:49 PM   #20
Kgroschi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic4uf View Post
I wanted to hear about what you didn't like. You held back. Besides an extra 100 hp, what else would you have wanted to change?
Not much to be honest. I mean whatever I will criticize, you can rectify with the price. It really is a very good car overall. Not often that I have nothing to complain about except for the power. I mean it was back in January that I drove the car, but if there was something that I truly would have disliked, I would remember.

The seats aren't the best but they work, the interior is a bit cheap but you get what you pay for and the NAV does the job even it's not the best as well. But it guided me all over Europe (with just minor bugs). A bit more torque at low revs would be not a bad idea too
The Following User Says Thank You to Kgroschi For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (06-03-2016)
Old 06-02-2016, 09:50 PM   #21
Kgroschi

Quote:
Oh okay. Good to know!
Old 06-02-2016, 10:21 PM   #22
mav1178

Drives: 2005 Toyota Camry
Thanked 6,093 Times in 3,029 Posts
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:

I don't care for reporting anything. I'm merely pointing out that 1) commercial posts without paying for sponsorship is frowned upon, as others have pointed out, and 2) your stuff (being monetized) is basically a commercial post, on purpose or not.

If you have a problem with what I wrote, perhaps it's because you made a new account to share content with others that seems like random spam/advertisement out of nowhere, and people are pointing out the commercial nature of the content. If you were participating in the forums for months and then posted content (see: Dezoris), then virtually no one will have any issues. Nothing more.

Enjoy making the videos. Hope you make your money back.

Quote:
Thank you for the misguided criticism.

-alex
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mav1178 For This Useful Post:
Cole (06-03-2016), Tcoat (06-02-2016)
Old 06-02-2016, 10:52 PM   #23
Tor

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Isn't this review like 3 years too late? And why post it here, when we all already own the car?
Tor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tor For This Useful Post:
extrashaky (06-03-2016)
Old 06-03-2016, 02:02 AM   #24
FingerDiddle

Drives: Camry 08
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post

-alex
This so much, also fabulous birth name.
FingerDiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 02:51 AM   #25
extrashaky

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 5,618 Times in 2,266 Posts
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor View Post
Isn't this review like 3 years too late? And why post it here, when we all already own the car?
Up next he'll review that new 2003 Mazda RX8.

Also, Kai, you said, "You can drift it a little bit, but, then there's a little bit power missing, to keep the car go sideways."

You realize this car has traction control that cuts power when you skid, right? And that you can turn it off? If you want to drift the car, you have to turn off the nannies, and then it has plenty of power to drift all over the place.

I'm not so much concerned about the spam. But a three year late review that gets some basic, very well-known info about the car wrong?

Meh.
extrashaky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to extrashaky For This Useful Post:
Cole (06-03-2016), Tor (06-03-2016)
Old 06-03-2016, 06:54 AM   #26
Mim

Drives: MY11 Maxima 350st, MY15 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Between the car being on the market for some time and the vast majority of posters here being owners, there really isn't all that much you can do in a short video to take our collective breaths away.

For what it's worth I enjoyed the review. Its not all that often that I see a reviewer wind the car out proper and those back roads looked really nice!
MY15 CWP A/T BRZ | Leather heated seats | STI CAI filter, A/T leather shifter, strut brace, V-brace, draw stiffener, battery tie down, Radiator cap, Oil cap, push start button | TRD door stabilizer | YoSpeed STI console garnish | Pioneer AVIC-F70DAB + Rev-camera, TS-WX710A sub | JL speakers, Amp | TOMS' Clear Brake Lights | Cusco 4.556 FD | Driveshaft Shop aluminum shaft | Tein FlexZ, EDFC AP+GPS | Crawford BPB
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 01:25 PM   #27
Kgroschi

Quote:
Originally Posted by extrashaky View Post
Up next he'll review that new 2003 Mazda RX8.

Also, Kai, you said, "You can drift it a little bit, but, then there's a little bit power missing, to keep the car go sideways."

You realize this car has traction control that cuts power when you skid, right? And that you can turn it off? If you want to drift the car, you have to turn off the nannies, and then it has plenty of power to drift all over the place.

I'm not so much concerned about the spam. But a three year late review that gets some basic, very well-known info about the car wrong?

Meh.
You think I am a Gran Turismo kid or something? Have you by any chance seen any of my other videos? You seriously think we leave the traction control on when we try do drift the car?

And a review is never late... our magazine just had the GT86 in it. It's a very normal thing to do. Sorry you didn't enjoy the video.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:27 PM   #28
Kgroschi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Its not all that often that I see a reviewer wind the car out proper and those back roads looked really nice!
That's why I share it with you guys as well. But I have to say, it's probably the last time I post anything here

Never had such a hostile forum experience and I am on at least 9 car forums.

Anyways

Tags
automotive, germany, groschi, review