follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 01-14-2015, 08:53 PM   #2199
j_Zer0

Drives: Asphalt FRS 2014
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv@Openflash View Post
Totally normal. During cruise, you will see AFR in the 14-15:1 range.
Thanks Shiv. I'm glad I took the trouble to install my own OFH because I learned a ton doing it.

There are so many thorough reviews of OFT+OFH that I doubt I could add much, but let me just say that my car is transformed through the torque dip. And the sound at 6k RMP is fantastic! Very pleased
j_Zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to j_Zer0 For This Useful Post:
JB86'd (01-15-2015), Shiv@Openflash (01-14-2015), Triumphrider (01-14-2015)
Old 01-14-2015, 09:13 PM   #2200
Shiv@Openflash

Drives: 2013 FRS
Thanked 5,469 Times in 1,494 Posts
Mentioned: 605 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_Zer0 View Post
Thanks Shiv. I'm glad I took the trouble to install my own OFH because I learned a ton doing it.

There are so many thorough reviews of OFT+OFH that I doubt I could add much, but let me just say that my car is transformed through the torque dip. And the sound at 6k RMP is fantastic! Very pleased
Awesome! We are always happy to hear success stores
Shiv@Openflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:29 PM   #2201
Tromatic
Banned

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 1,728 Times in 786 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
The latest tune is impressive up top. Took me by surprise above 5k. Great fun. I think i need the header now.
Tromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tromatic For This Useful Post:
Shiv@Openflash (01-14-2015)
Old 01-15-2015, 10:47 AM   #2202
j_Zer0

Drives: Asphalt FRS 2014
RE: Post-flash ECU learning

I went for a drive last night after completing an OFH install + flash to stg 2. With my OFT set to display real time diagnostics, I could see the ECU learning (or at least the evidence of ECU learning). I'd originally had an issue (loose O2 sensor) that was causing high LTFT, but now that I had that sorted out I could see LTFTs go from 15% to 8% to 5%...finally down to 1%. What was most interesting was the WAY the ECU appeared to be learning: if I maintained constant RMP it would figure out how to stabilize fuel trims for that RPM. Once RPMs went up or down LTFT would shoot back up to 15%, but if I maintained the new RPM LTFTs would begin to stabilize. As expected, if I returned to an RPM range the ECU had already sorted out the LTFT would immediately go back to 1%. I found the following method to be the quickest way of getting my LTFTs to stabilize: find an RPM range where LTFTs are high and maintain that RPM until LTFTs drop -- rinse and repeat.

I'm sure this isn't news to many of you, but maybe it will help someone. Thanks.
j_Zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 11:18 AM   #2203
Jyn
Noob

Drives: FR-S Mammogram
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_Zer0 View Post
RE: Post-flash ECU learning

I went for a drive last night after completing an OFH install + flash to stg 2. With my OFT set to display real time diagnostics, I could see the ECU learning (or at least the evidence of ECU learning). I'd originally had an issue (loose O2 sensor) that was causing high LTFT, but now that I had that sorted out I could see LTFTs go from 15% to 8% to 5%...finally down to 1%. What was most interesting was the WAY the ECU appeared to be learning: if I maintained constant RMP it would figure out how to stabilize fuel trims for that RPM. Once RPMs went up or down LTFT would shoot back up to 15%, but if I maintained the new RPM LTFTs would begin to stabilize. As expected, if I returned to an RPM range the ECU had already sorted out the LTFT would immediately go back to 1%. I found the following method to be the quickest way of getting my LTFTs to stabilize: find an RPM range where LTFTs are high and maintain that RPM until LTFTs drop -- rinse and repeat.

I'm sure this isn't news to many of you, but maybe it will help someone. Thanks.
This is how the "auto tuning" function on a lot of aftermarket EMS work. It's just fun to see the numbers actually doing it
Old 01-15-2015, 11:31 AM   #2204
GotBRZ1691

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited 6smt
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Hey Open Flash Team,

I had to get a new laptop and was in the process of downloading OFM, when I noticed that the only maps for download were the 1.59 maps.

I havent been following any OFT discussion recently and havent updated my tablet in a few months due to not having a laptop. Did I miss something? I was looking for 2.06 maps and couldnt find them.
GotBRZ1691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 11:45 AM   #2205
alexand3r
Custom User Title

Drives: Spaceship
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBRZ1691 View Post
Hey Open Flash Team,

I had to get a new laptop and was in the process of downloading OFM, when I noticed that the only maps for download were the 1.59 maps.

I havent been following any OFT discussion recently and havent updated my tablet in a few months due to not having a laptop. Did I miss something? I was looking for 2.06 maps and couldnt find them.

http://openflashtablet.com/Automotiv...ads/index.html

Bottom link. Maybe confusing because it's named differently.
alexand3r is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alexand3r For This Useful Post:
GotBRZ1691 (01-15-2015), Robert@Openflash (01-15-2015)
Old 01-15-2015, 01:31 PM   #2206
GotBRZ1691

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited 6smt
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexand3r View Post
http://openflashtablet.com/Automotiv...ads/index.html

Bottom link. Maybe confusing because it's named differently.
Well that was weird. I went to that exact page and the list ended with ESC tune files.

Thanks!
GotBRZ1691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 01:39 PM   #2207
Tomita San

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Currently running Stg.1 on stock everything.
Is it safe to run the Stg.2 with the UEL header on European 98 RON petrol?. I read somewhere, that the 98 or even 100 is not that knock resistant as the US 93..
Tomita San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 02:08 PM   #2208
Shiv@Openflash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomita San View Post
Is it safe to run the Stg.2 with the UEL header on European 98 RON petrol?. I read somewhere, that the 98 or even 100 is not that knock resistant as the US 93..
It should be similar to our 91-93oct which is fine. Best way to confirm is to take a datalog of a 3rd gear full throttle pull from 2000-7500rpm and post it online. Any number of us will be able to analyze it for you
Old 01-15-2015, 03:49 PM   #2209
JB86'd

Drives: JAWS
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomita San View Post
Based on other's experiences with 98ron you might wanna try the 91octane tune and log it like Shiv said
Old 01-15-2015, 04:49 PM   #2210
alexand3r
Custom User Title

Drives: Spaceship
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBRZ1691 View Post
Well that was weird. I went to that exact page and the list ended with ESC tune files.

Thanks!
No problem.

I know that you said you have a new computer, but maybe clear cache or edit the link if it's bookmarked?

I have noticed that there are some old links still available on the site.

e.g. http://openflashtablet.com/downloads/
alexand3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 05:03 PM   #2211
ap5512

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Brace yourselves..noob questions incoming...

So, I should have the OFT+OFH waiting for me when i get home tonight but I won't have any time to install it until either this weekend but most like the weekend after.

I've been reading this thread and I feel a bit lost/confused. Some of the questions I have revolve mainly around how you find out something is not right with you car? Obviously, you can tell if the are is feeling sluggish etc. but if you don't feel anything what parameters/variables are you looking at to see if something is off?

I've read a lot throughout this thread about people saying a certain variable is off or that something is not within range. My question is...what's deemed to be a good range of values for all these variables? Is there a guide you guys can point me to that might teach me some of these variables and what to look for in datalogs?

BTW - I've already gone through the sticy that's in this forum topic but it's more of a general sticky to go over the various tunes available and not so much of the details.

At the end of the day, what should I know/expect in order to enjoy my purchase of the OFH+OFT without any issues and should issues arise, what's the protocol to remediate?

Thanks and sorry for the long post.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:18 PM   #2212
Shiv@Openflash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap5512 View Post
Brace yourselves..noob questions incoming...

So, I should have the OFT+OFH waiting for me when i get home tonight but I won't have any time to install it until either this weekend but most like the weekend after.

I've been reading this thread and I feel a bit lost/confused. Some of the questions I have revolve mainly around how you find out something is not right with you car? Obviously, you can tell if the are is feeling sluggish etc. but if you don't feel anything what parameters/variables are you looking at to see if something is off?

I've read a lot throughout this thread about people saying a certain variable is off or that something is not within range. My question is...what's deemed to be a good range of values for all these variables? Is there a guide you guys can point me to that might teach me some of these variables and what to look for in datalogs?

BTW - I've already gone through the sticy that's in this forum topic but it's more of a general sticky to go over the various tunes available and not so much of the details.

At the end of the day, what should I know/expect in order to enjoy my purchase of the OFH+OFT without any issues and should issues arise, what's the protocol to remediate?

Thanks and sorry for the long post.
Best thing you could do to confirm that your engine is performing as it should is record a datalog (with your OFT) of a few 3rd gear full throttle pulls. You can email that log to us or even post it here on the forum using www.datazap.me

At that point, many of us would be capable of providing an accurate analysis. If something is wrong, it would be evident in the data. More than likely, the data will show your engine performing as it should. But in the small chance that something isn't working the say it should, we would be able to fix that by sending you a revised tune. To be honest, I've never had to do that since our OTS maps have been refined and refined to the point where they WILL work well on appropriately modified (or stock) vehicles. The only thing things get a little tricky is when customer install intakes that have not been tested/supported by us. In which case, custom tuning is required. As long as this doesn't apply to you, you should be good to go right away.

Cheers
shiv
The Following User Says Thank You to Shiv@Openflash For This Useful Post:
ap5512 (01-15-2015)

Tags
cat overtemp