follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List
jpit

Old 12-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #2647
Andrew025

Drives: Neptune GR86
Thanked 3,505 Times in 1,806 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
I really wonder how many people are actually ready to buy this and how many people are griping just to gripe. Seriously, if the money is burning that big of a hole in your pocket, go buy something else. Either another header or something else you plan on doing. And if you don't even have the cash to buy this, what are your griping for?
Gripers gonna gripe
Old 12-21-2013, 12:52 PM   #2648
Mr.
Supra Senior Member

Drives: AE86 & BRZ
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)

marrrrrrrrrrrrry early x max ! check out dem headers. wait....is it out yet?
Subscribe
Mr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. For This Useful Post:
Victor Draken (12-21-2013)
Old 12-21-2013, 01:04 PM   #2649
Dustin
Twin Screw You

Drives: 2013 Supercharged Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hoe hoe hoe..........or um, ho ho ho.
Dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dustin For This Useful Post:
Mr. (12-27-2013)
Old 12-21-2013, 01:19 PM   #2650
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrsDuke View Post
Gosh I wonder if that is why they stopped giving so much feedback to the community? I personally would be hesitant to show my cards when every Tom, **** and Harry was releasing knockoffs of my prototypes. What they finally release will surprise folks because it has to. They are putting in the time to come out of the gate on top. I for one am glad they stopped feeding other manufacturers ideas. Seemed like a few weeks after every update for a while there a new nameless knockoff hit the market.
Sure there are only so many ways to skin a cat, but at least to me it was obvious they ended up paying the development cost for some other folks. If you don't have the patience to get the best then by all means buy a knockoff of an early prototype, but you can't reasonably blame them for what has happened.
How the fuck can people knock off something that hasn't made production yet???

Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dimman For This Useful Post:
Hawaiian (12-22-2013), toeout (12-21-2013)
Old 12-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #2651
SirBrass
Trust me, I'm the Doctor

Drives: 2019 WRX Limited (WRB)
Thanked 1,251 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
For you guys with tons of credit & ready to jump ship from Nameless, give me your store credit.

I'm still on board. Last I spoke with Ryan, they're on board for a end of December release. Mainly waiting on getting the prototype from the mandrel bender.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

^GT5 Replay Photo Mode^
SirBrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #2652
FrsDuke
Fanboy

Drives: 2013 ultramarine frs
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Knockoff of a prototype. I don't want to get into a semantic argument over how you define knockoff. Nameless was extremely open and verbose about their development and testing until several EL headers hit market after that which looked staggeringly familiar. I think it pushed nameless into an info blackout. 2500+ posts later here we are attacking each other with everyone except nameless to blame. Just my opinion.

Wait or don't wait, but what good is complaining doing? I wouldn't be paying any attention to this crap thread if I were nameless.
FrsDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #2653
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Garage
Quote:
Knockoff of a prototype. I don't want to get into a semantic argument over how you define knockoff. Nameless was extremely open and verbose about their development and testing until several EL headers hit market after that which looked staggeringly familiar. I think it pushed nameless into an info blackout. 2500+ posts later here we are attacking each other with everyone except nameless to blame. Just my opinion.

Wait or don't wait, but what good is complaining doing? I wouldn't be paying any attention to this crap thread if I were nameless.
Nameless is fully to blame for their reputation taking a hit from these delays.

They fucked up on their R&T review by sending something that wasn't ready. And produced shitty results because of it.

They're fucking themselves up by dragging a header design over 18 months, whereas a company like JDL actually made and sold products in the same market that Nameless is targeting.

Currently JDL is on their 3rd header design. They released an early EL. Then they released an UEL that makes good power, an improvement over their EL. And now will soon release another EL which should improve over their already good UEL.

Nameless should take notes.

They will never make the perfect header. T

hey need to ship a damn product, get independent feedback from customers, make improvements, then release another product. Repeat as necessary.

Because titanium.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:34 PM   #2654
FrsDuke
Fanboy

How many headers do you plan to buy?

Road and track are idiots.

I dunno man. I think we will have to agree to disagree on all this. I still like you though.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:42 PM   #2655
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
Nameless is fully to blame for their reputation taking a hit from these delays.

They fucked up on their R&T review by sending something that wasn't ready. And produced shitty results because of it.

They're fucking themselves up by dragging a header design over 18 months, whereas a company like JDL actually made and sold products in the same market that Nameless is targeting.

Currently JDL is on their 3rd header design. They released an early EL. Then they released an UEL that makes good power, an improvement over their EL. And now will soon release another EL which should improve over their already good UEL.

Nameless should take notes.

They will never make the perfect header. T

hey need to ship a damn product, get independent feedback from customers, make improvements, then release another product. Repeat as necessary.
Respectfully disagree. I don't want to be iterations of a product, I want a final product. If I bought an original JDL header then they released a second EL header that produced more power (within a year even!) I'd be royally pissed. Buy once, cry once is why I buy the nice stuff...I don't want to buy the nice stuff over and over, I want it done right the first time.

The R&T article, that is something Nameless should learn from I agree, but there's a lot more to that story there beyond the header suxxx and R&T suxxx. Everybody's favorite tuner was involved, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
How the fuck can people knock off something that hasn't made production yet???
There's a rich history of vendors here copying - that said, shortly after Nameless released some pictures of CAD models it appears that another vendor had the same brilliant idea for a product.
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OrbitalEllipses For This Useful Post:
civicdrivr (12-21-2013), FrsDuke (12-21-2013)
Old 12-21-2013, 04:17 PM   #2656
14BRZ

Drives: 2014 BRZ, 08 CBR600RR
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Nobody is asking for updated pictures of the headers. I don't blame Nameless either for not posting them and I think they learned from the last 3 times they did that.

And yes a release and delivery date are 2 completely different things. Nameless never once said we all would have a header within this month OR next month, so the people expecting it by Christmas were hoping for a little too much. But they did state a release. I'm not saying they aren't going to release it since this month is not over yet.

Money isn't burning a hole in my pocket, its already in their pockets. And if you look back few pages, they already got the tubing back from the mandrel bender early this week.

I absolutely agree with @FrsDuke. I would be extremely pissed off if I spent over $1000 on a header that didn't go through a well enough R&D process the first time, to just make even more gains on the 2nd AND 3rd revision. This is why we all have been waiting for whats supposed to be the header of all headers for the twins, but 18 months and counting? Come on..
14BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:28 PM   #2657
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses View Post
Respectfully disagree. I don't want to be iterations of a product, I want a final product. If I bought an original JDL header then they released a second EL header that produced more power (within a year even!) I'd be royally pissed. Buy once, cry once is why I buy the nice stuff...I don't want to buy the nice stuff over and over, I want it done right the first time.

The R&T article, that is something Nameless should learn from I agree, but there's a lot more to that story there beyond the header suxxx and R&T suxxx. Everybody's favorite tuner was involved, so...

There's a rich history of vendors here copying - that said, shortly after Nameless released some pictures of CAD models it appears that another vendor had the same brilliant idea for a product.
The thing with headers is that there is no one-size-fits all solution. Never has never will be.

NA headers and SC headers will be different. Stock vs wild cams will be different. An unstable flash tune screws with tuning data. Exhaust sizing changes things. But you need different parameters to maximize each situation. There is no magic bullet.

If they want to be the best headers they need to define the conditions. Otherwise they've just been banging their heads against a wall for 18 months to come up with something people will only differentiate between them, HKS and JDL is the price. And the wait.

What they needed to do was admit that their header development was paused or at the bottom of more pressing priorities and would continue at some future date, rather than keep stringing people along with perpetual 'just one more week' BS.

The frustrating thing is that the small companies that produce excellent products (Nameless, JDL) have atrocious timelines and random customer service, whereas companies that can handle supply chains and customer service produce mediocre at best products (Borla).

There is no reason that JDL or Nameless can't up their business professionalism.

Time and product management is a huge part of that.

Because titanium.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #2658
FrsDuke
Fanboy

My question is why are you so worked up about it? You don't like how they do business take your business elsewhere. They have decided to strive for the best and accept the cost of doing it that way. Go buy something else and be happy? Not everyone wants to buy the first crap that is punched out. I can't hardly find a recent borla thread that isn't a complaint about how crappy they are. If you want a half-ass header every 6 months buy jdl or whoever. I don't see a company having three versions released as a good thing I see it as selling snake oil. You don't have to agree, just like I will likely never agree with you either. I just don't see the reason to get so upset.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:59 PM   #2659
MidnightRunner

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
There's only one way to fix all this pent up frustration.. Nameless needs to give anyone subbed on this thread a nice discount. Haha

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
Jive Turkey (12-22-2013)
Old 12-21-2013, 05:25 PM   #2660
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Garage
Quote:
My question is why are you so worked up about it? You don't like how they do business take your business elsewhere. They have decided to strive for the best and accept the cost of doing it that way. Go buy something else and be happy? Not everyone wants to buy the first crap that is punched out. I can't hardly find a recent borla thread that isn't a complaint about how crappy they are. If you want a half-ass header every 6 months buy jdl or whoever. I don't see a company having three versions released as a good thing I see it as selling snake oil. You don't have to agree, just like I will likely never agree with you either. I just don't see the reason to get so upset.
Have they truly decided to strive to be the best? Or are they just coasting slowly along on axle-back sales, hoping that people make some correlation between time and effort?

I'm moderately upset because I'm beginning to believe my initial belief in their process and ability was wrong, and that they are not the dedicated small company that they claim to be.

Because titanium.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dimman For This Useful Post:
Hawk77FT (12-22-2013)

Tags
21 months no dyno, 22 months no vendor dyno, 22months4rattles&leakssmh, amazing warped qualiy, y u no tag