follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 08-11-2023, 12:00 AM   #8471
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,816 Times in 16,425 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
I need a nap too, been a grumpy day.
Yep, ol @Sapphireho can trigger that -

humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (08-11-2023)
Old 08-11-2023, 03:36 AM   #8472
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
I need a nap too, been a grumpy day.
I've had bad headaches two days in a row. It hasn't even been a very busy workweek. Mostly slow and feeling super unproductive because it took me a little while to figure out how to do something that my team has never documented (I wrote up new docs so whoever does it next can reference them and not yank their hair out).

But I had to wait a bunch because this guy from another team just did the same process last week and he offered to pair on it as an extra set of eyes since if it was done wrong it could really mess things up.

I gladly took him up on it before I realized this week he was taking 2.5 days off and then today when he finally had time for it, he wasn't available until almost the end of the day.

So once the problem solving was done it was about a day and a half of twiddling my thumbs.

I know to some people that sounds terrible because I'm being paid to do nothing or should be working or whatever but to me I hate the feeling.
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spike021 For This Useful Post:
humfrz (08-11-2023), NoHaveMSG (08-11-2023), soundman98 (08-12-2023), Spuds (08-11-2023)
Old 08-11-2023, 04:11 AM   #8473
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Anyone here collect baseball cards?
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 06:24 AM   #8474
Sapphireho
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Drives: '15 ultramarine
Thanked 18,241 Times in 8,610 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen W. View Post
You had better hope that your district isn't part of the new gen. "Don't go digging up no poop. Make 'em pay fur one of 'em new new fangled above ground jobbies!" That's what I had to do to the tune of $38K!
I had a kinda similar case at my property in Spalding, a tiny town on Eagle Lake surrounded by Lassen National forest in California. The town was forced to install a STEP/STEG system. After all the grants etc., It cost about $11k per property owner for the system. To hook up, you had to dig up your old septic, toss it, and install a new septic. All in all it cost me about $22k. That was about 20 years ago. We also pay about $500/year per property owner for maintenance on the system and evaporation ponds. All mandatory.

Btw, there was never ever any instance of anyone's septic polluting anything. The Lahontan Regional Water Quality Control Board thought they might. Destroying giant sections of forest for evaporation ponds was better.

Last edited by Sapphireho; 08-11-2023 at 06:34 AM.
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sapphireho For This Useful Post:
humfrz (08-11-2023), soundman98 (08-12-2023)
Old 08-11-2023, 06:36 AM   #8475
Sapphireho
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
When I was a kid, but they all ended up in the spokes of my bike.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sapphireho For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (08-11-2023), humfrz (08-11-2023), NoHaveMSG (08-11-2023), soundman98 (08-12-2023), spike021 (08-11-2023), Stephen W. (08-11-2023)
Old 08-11-2023, 10:45 AM   #8476
Stephen W.

Drives: 1993 Caterham HPC Evo
Thanked 2,448 Times in 964 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
I had a kinda similar case at my property in Spalding, a tiny town on Eagle Lake surrounded by Lassen National forest in California. The town was forced to install a STEP/STEG system. After all the grants etc., It cost about $11k per property owner for the system. To hook up, you had to dig up your old septic, toss it, and install a new septic. All in all it cost me about $22k. That was about 20 years ago. We also pay about $500/year per property owner for maintenance on the system and evaporation ponds. All mandatory.

Btw, there was never ever any instance of anyone's septic polluting anything. The Lahontan Regional Water Quality Control Board thought they might. Destroying giant sections of forest for evaporation ponds was better.
We are not allowed to disturb the old weeping beds. It’s considered “contaminated soil” by the powers that be. It has to be dealt with/disposed of same as if it was full of heavy metals or nuclear waste. So, we are forced to leave them alone and go to above ground systems. In my case the new bed had to be at least 3 meters above the average water mark. Or, a meter above the highest known flood line. Whichever was the greater. Plus there was a minimum set back from the water’s edge, distance from the house foundation and lot lines.
Meanwhile, everyone else on our road can still use their old systems. Some of which are not working as they should. Your nose will know if you walk up and down.
Also, we have never had any sort of pollution leak or leach into the river.
DON'T get me started on the ridiculous laws we have over heating oil tanks!
Stephen W. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephen W. For This Useful Post:
humfrz (08-11-2023), soundman98 (08-12-2023)
Old 08-11-2023, 10:54 AM   #8477
Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,433 Times in 6,148 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
I've had bad headaches two days in a row. It hasn't even been a very busy workweek. Mostly slow and feeling super unproductive because it took me a little while to figure out how to do something that my team has never documented (I wrote up new docs so whoever does it next can reference them and not yank their hair out).

But I had to wait a bunch because this guy from another team just did the same process last week and he offered to pair on it as an extra set of eyes since if it was done wrong it could really mess things up.

I gladly took him up on it before I realized this week he was taking 2.5 days off and then today when he finally had time for it, he wasn't available until almost the end of the day.

So once the problem solving was done it was about a day and a half of twiddling my thumbs.

I know to some people that sounds terrible because I'm being paid to do nothing or should be working or whatever but to me I hate the feeling.
Happens to me all the time. It does suck to be available for work, but not have anything productive to do. In those cases I try to read up on something tangentially valuable to my job, do training, find a different task or help someone else out. If all else fails, I can always organize my desktop lol.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (08-12-2023), spike021 (08-11-2023)
Old 08-11-2023, 10:56 AM   #8478
Sapphireho
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
We are not allowed to disturb the old weeping beds. It’s considered “contaminated soil” by the powers that be. It has to be dealt with/disposed of same as if it was full of heavy metals or nuclear waste. So, we are forced to leave them alone and go to above ground systems. In my case the new bed had to be at least 3 meters above the average water mark. Or, a meter above the highest known flood line. Whichever was the greater. Plus there was a minimum set back from the water’s edge, distance from the house foundation and lot lines.
Meanwhile, everyone else on our road can still use their old systems. Some of which are not working as they should. Your nose will know if you walk up and down.
Also, we have never had any sort of pollution leak or leach into the river.
DON'T get me started on the ridiculous laws we have over heating oil tanks!
We had the choice of abandoning the old tank, or remove it. If you abandoned it, you had to have it inspected, pump it out, another inspection, clean it, inspection #3, fill with sterilized sand, inspection #4, then cover. Easier to dig up. Leach field is still there. Go figure.
Old 08-11-2023, 10:56 AM   #8479
Stephen W.

Drives: 1993 Caterham HPC Evo
Thanked 2,448 Times in 964 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Not really but the wife was given over two hundred of the most desirable set: Tops, 1952. And yes it included the Mickey Mantle. Sold 'em or more like gave 'em away to a collector for a fraction of what they are worth now.

Quote:
When I was a kid, but they all ended up in the spokes of my bike.
Same here but only the doubles or damaged ones. However, we were more into Hockey cards than baseball or other sports cards. My brothers had a complete set of car cards. They pasted them in a checkerboard pattern to the wall in their bedroom. Not one survived their removal.
Stephen W. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stephen W. For This Useful Post:
Sapphireho (08-11-2023), soundman98 (08-12-2023), spike021 (08-11-2023)
Old 08-11-2023, 11:07 AM   #8480
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,323 Times in 7,381 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Garage
I've been unproductive for over a week because my manufacturing drawings are all messed up. I am remaking three orders this week and redrawing them at the same time to prevent the issue in the future. The best part is looking back at previous invoices for these customers, we gave them no charge replacement parts before due to this issue years ago and nobody fixed it. There are even notes.

Quote:
SPRINGS SHOULD HAVE BEEN 46 1/2" LONG,
CUSTOMER RECEVIED SPRINGS 43 1/2" LONG. WE HAVE TWO
REVISIONS OF THEIR DRAWING
soundman98 (08-12-2023), Spuds (08-11-2023), Ultramaroon (08-11-2023)
Old 08-11-2023, 11:10 AM   #8481
Sapphireho
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Not really but the wife was given over two hundred of the most desirable set: Tops, 1952. And yes it included the Mickey Mantle. Sold 'em or more like gave 'em away to a collector for a fraction of what they are worth now.
Ok, that was a lie, not ALL of them were clothespined to my bike.

I still have a bunch in a foot locker from when I was a kid. Baseball, football, a few basketball and hockey. I even have some planet of the apes cards, Laugh In cards, and Hot Rod cards, and some other strange ones. I don't collect, just still have them.

Here is a good card story. My boss years ago was at a grocery store and they had boxes of basket ball cards. He bought one for his son. His son was into baseball, so the box just got put in a closet. Years later, when his son is moving out of the house, they found it. Ended up the box had 4 Michael Jordan rookie cards. They made enough on those cards for his son's down payment on a house.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sapphireho For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (08-12-2023), Spuds (08-11-2023), Stephen W. (08-11-2023), Ultramaroon (08-11-2023)
Old 08-11-2023, 11:27 AM   #8482
bcj
Geo Tyrebighter Esq

Drives: '13 scion fr-s
Thanked 4,981 Times in 2,197 Posts
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
My POGS!

Let me show you them!
The Following User Says Thank You to bcj For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (08-12-2023)
Old 08-11-2023, 11:38 AM   #8483
Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,433 Times in 6,148 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
Ok, that was a lie, not ALL of them were clothespined to my bike.

I still have a bunch in a foot locker from when I was a kid. Baseball, football, a few basketball and hockey. I even have some planet of the apes cards, Laugh In cards, and Hot Rod cards, and some other strange ones. I don't collect, just still have them.

Here is a good card story. My boss years ago was at a grocery store and they had boxes of basket ball cards. He bought one for his son. His son was into baseball, so the box just got put in a closet. Years later, when his son is moving out of the house, they found it. Ended up the box had 4 Michael Jordan rookie cards. They made enough on those cards for his son's down payment on a house.
I've got a giant unopened box of baseball cards from the year I was born somewhere. I think one of my aunts bought them for me, but apparently they made so many around that time that it has little value.

Edit: Hey, I found it!
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
spike021 (08-11-2023)
Old 08-11-2023, 12:10 PM   #8484
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,520 Times in 18,921 Posts
Mentioned: 1107 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
1990? You young'uns haha

I had the weirdest dream last night. It was my first job out of college but for some reason, it was a software gig. A coworker admonished me for not "sanitizing the input" in a procedure I wrote. I protested emphatically about not even being a programmer and that I had never even heard of the precaution.

I ended up following him around trying to get his attention for help. Then I woke up.

Tags
have you turned it off/on, i heart my boxer, i still hate you all, kiss me, maple syrup, multipass, next one is a prequel, ow my balls, special_k abandoned you, the search for more money