follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southeast

Southeast AR, AL, GA, FL, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN

User Tag List

Old 03-03-2013, 01:38 AM   #43
Allch Chcar

Drives: N/A
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dealership Name: Wyatt Johnson Subaru
State: TN
City: Clarksville,
Brand: Subaru but they also have Hyundai and Mazda on the same lot.
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: They sell their BRZs before they arrive. So right now they have nothing.

Experience: They mark up all their new cars with accessories and add-ons. Their Mazda3s had $2k worth of misc add-ons. According to the salesman I talked to, this was typical for all new cars. Needless to say I won't be going back there again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
Daily Driver, occasional weekend drifter.
Allch Chcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:37 AM   #44
killerkid08
Cool Stuff

Drives: Cool Car
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Dealership Name: TOYOTA SCION OF UNION CITY
State: GA
City: UNION CITY
Brand: TOYOTA SCION
Salesman to talk to: N/A
Reference desired: N/A

AVOID AT ALL COSTS FOR PURCHASES MAINTENANCE. INCOMPETENT ON ALL LEVELS. TOOK OVER A MONTH AND A HALF TO GET ALL NECESSARY PAPER WORK TO GET A TAG AND TITLE COMPLETED ( OUT OF STATE PURCHASE)

VEHICLE SERVICED IMPROPERLY, OIL EXCESSIVELY OVERFILLED, SPILLED ABOUT THE ENGINE BAY, AND GREASY FINGER PRINTS ALL OVER THE CAR AND INTERIOR.
killerkid08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:52 PM   #45
patricksanders

Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by santorkyle View Post
Dealership Name: Bob Tyler Toyota/Scion/Suzuki
State: Florida
City: Pensacola
Brand: (ie Scion, Subaru or both)Scion
Salesman to talk to: Marcos
Reference desired: (ie tell them Bob sent you, etc)
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know:

Details of your experience with the dealership:
I went in to trade my truck in and to order a 6mt hot lava, they told me now on my trade in because they can pick them up all day at auction for $1500 and then moved on to try and tell me that I would have to wait 6 months for a hot lava 6mt and I would have to put down 3K, the price was same as MSRP after I talked to them because at first they wanted $28,900 before any DOC fee's or anything like that, needless to say I will be going to another dealership when I want my FR-S....
Funny you should mention Bob Tyler Toyota...

Dealership Name: Bob Tyler Toyota
State: FL
Brand: Scion
Salesman to talk to: Marcos Casillas
Reference desired: That Patrick guy who bought the FR-S
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: Saw 1 left on the lot when I got mine.

Details of your experience with the dealership: My salesman, Marcos, was awesome. He was very laid back, friendly, and not pushy at all. As it turns out, Marcos ended up being the ONLY reason Bob Tyler Toyota got my money.

I was doing a cash deal, which I thought would be pretty simple. I give them money, they give me a car. Right? Wrong. The accounting department did not communicate with me AT ALL when I was trying to figure out the best way to pay for the car. The General Manager, Verne, was extremely hostile toward me. He apparently thought it was appropriate to yell at me because I was frustrated that they were making it so difficult to give them a large sum of money. The head of the accounting department, Chris, was also extremely unpleasant to deal with. If Marcos hadn't been such a pleasure to work with up until that point, I would have walked out and never considered Bob Tyler Toyota again.

Apart from that, the experience was great. The person who did my paperwork was friendly and personable. The service department staff was great. The HR director was also very nice and receptive to my concerns, assuring me that he would do what needed to be done to rectify the situation.
patricksanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:13 PM   #46
JPFr-s

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Dealership Name: Toyota/Scion of Marietta
City: Marietta
Salesman to talk to: Wouldn't talk to any of these thieves
Reference desired: Nah

Details of your experience with the dealership

This is something I just decided to mention today in case anyone decides to go here. Before I bought my FR-S back in December, I went by Toyota of Marietta because they had an Asphault 6MT on the lot. Selling at MSRP, no market value mark up, options were the rear spoiler and the beSpoke sound system. I saw it there a few times driving by and finally found time to stop in and drive/purchase the car. It wasn't on the lot so I asked the salesman(Old George Foreman looking black dude) if it sold. He says.. No, someone walking by the car scratched the side, so it's over at their body shop getting touched up. I asked to see the car, since I was really interested in purchasing it, and I didn't mind the scratch for a test drive. He wouldn't even let me walk across the street to look at it.. Keep in mind, this is just a scratch from someone brushing up against the car... seemed fishy. I drove over to the body shop, and low and behold, the right rear of the car was smashed in. Taillight broken out, exhaust tip hanging down, and the bumper destroyed... That's some good old dealership bullshit there guys. Guarantee they fixed it and sold it and someone is driving this thing around after it was all beat to shit before it was ever titled.

Anyway, that's it. Those guys are crooked fuckers and I'll never go there for anything except to remind them of that lying ass stupid shit salesman.

Thanks,
JPFr-s is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JPFr-s For This Useful Post:
ICEBONEZ (05-27-2013)
Old 05-17-2013, 03:24 PM   #47
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
I love the differing Bob Tyler Toyota stories. I have one as well:

Dealership Name: Bob Tyler Toyota
State: FL
Brand: Toyota/Scion

I showed up at Bob Tyler Toyota in my 2006 Nissan Frontier looking to buy a new 2010 Toyota Tundra back in 2009. I walked in and was greeted by a salesman. I told him I am looking to buy a new Tundra. Instead of walking out to the lot to look at them he takes me back to his creepy hole and gets all my information then we walk outside and he proceeds to try and sell me on a used Tundra. I look at it for about a minute and tell him I want to buy a NEW Tundra. So we walk over and look at them. I find one I want to test drive and ask him to go get the keys. He gets them and there is no gas in it, so I tell him and he says, "Well we can just do a quick test drive in the parking lot." At this point I am pretty livid, and I know I won't be doing business with this dealer ever again. I drove it around the lot and got out and basically walked right back to my truck and left without speaking to him. I bought my new Toyota Tundra from Quality Imports in Fort Walton Beach later that week and it was a great experience.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:42 PM   #48
gpellis87

Drives: Scion FRS 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by eriktherod View Post
Dealership Name: Scott Clark Toyota
State: NC
City: Charlotte
Brand: Toyota/Scion
Salesman to talk to: Tony Byrd
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: 1-2, I think

Details of your experience with the dealership: None on hand, started off by trying to sell me the 'loaded' FR-S with all manufacturer options (BeSpoke, tint, applique, etc). Then tried to tell me, 'they just come like that,' until I pushed hard enough for the base model. Severely undervalued my trade-in by $2500 (KBB) for my 08 Si. Adds $1200 market adjustment trying to pass as a special wax job and paint protection. Refused to remove the amount, saying they charge it for ALL cars. Also $699 DOC fee. Over MSRP and insane fees, lowballers, and all-around scheme artists -- need I say more?
HORRIBLE dealership. They are the absolute worst. I purchased a truck from them in the past when I graduated college, but never again. Just an abysmal dealership. You can't even look at the cars without a salesman at this point.
gpellis87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:33 PM   #49
jmmay

Drives: Hyundai Elantra
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestwheelbase View Post
Dealership Name: Scion of Cool Springs
City: Cool Springs, between Nashville & Franklin
Reference desired: None
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: Didn't ask.

Details of your experience with the dealership: Stopped by to look at the Whiteout Auto FRS on the lot. Noticed the following markups:
  • $3,995 market adjustment (i.e. greedy bastard hype markup)
  • $127 nitrogen (snake oil)
  • $279 window tint
  • $599 clear guard
Asked if they had sold many cars -- salesman said "We've sold three and they all had the same $4k market adjustment. Well one of them we cut in half after some negotiation."

Asked if I could order a particular color & gearbox -- salesman said "Scion does not let us order cars. They decide what to send us and we have no control over it."

Asked about trade-in process and if they would honor MSRP -- salesman left and talked to his manager, came back and told me, "Would you pay half [of the $4k markup]? We don't make much on these cars to begin with. If it sells at MSRP I only get $150 in my pocket. When we have a car you want, we can talk."

Salesman volunteered that the car already earned a speeding ticket (and a citation for the driver having an expired license) and the rest of our brief conversation was typical salesman bullshit. He told me nothing about the car, a lot about why the $4k markup is justified (), and ultimately the whole experience pretty much reminded me why I hate going to dealerships.

Cliff's Notes: This dealership is selling their FRS for $31k. No thanks.

Damn Rivergate scion did the same shit but I went to buy a car they said they had and when I got there they said oh sorry just sold it!!!! in 10 minutes they sold the car I was promised. Well long story short Im sick of scion and Subaru dealers so Im going and getting another s2000 instead for my track car sorry guys would have been fun, but as a car guy I have never been treated the way I have at both brands will never buy one.
jmmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:48 PM   #50
bestwheelbase

Drives: 1985 P-Type
Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,098 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmay View Post
Damn Rivergate scion did the same shit but I went to buy a car they said they had and when I got there they said oh sorry just sold it!!!! in 10 minutes they sold the car I was promised. Well long story short Im sick of scion and Subaru dealers so Im going and getting another s2000 instead for my track car sorry guys would have been fun, but as a car guy I have never been treated the way I have at both brands will never buy one.
The brand didn't mistreat you. A dealer mistreated you. Plenty of Honda dealers use similar tactics. Sorry to hear of your bad experience. But remember, these are only two dealers. There are plenty more who will treat you right and do not add unnecessary fees onto the price of the car. Some are on this forum!

Whatever you do, hope to meet you at a local Cars & Coffee sometime. :-)
bestwheelbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #51
husker741
Banned

Drives: 2013 Whiteout Scion FR-S 6MT
Thanked 4,183 Times in 1,415 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Anyone in the Gainesville area avoid Gatorland Toyota/Scion. They are assholes who talk down to you if you are younger. They also have no clue what years our cars were made. My car was in for a day with a list of problems but they did nothing. Took it to Deluca in Ocala and they are replacing everything because they know something was wrong.
husker741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:28 PM   #52
HeubergerMotors

Drives: 2006 WRX TR
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestwheelbase View Post
Dealership Name: Scion of Cool Springs
City: Cool Springs, between Nashville & Franklin
Reference desired: None
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: Didn't ask.

Details of your experience with the dealership: Stopped by to look at the Whiteout Auto FRS on the lot. Noticed the following markups:
  • $3,995 market adjustment (i.e. greedy bastard hype markup)
  • $127 nitrogen (snake oil)
  • $279 window tint
  • $599 clear guard

Asked if they had sold many cars -- salesman said "We've sold three and they all had the same $4k market adjustment. Well one of them we cut in half after some negotiation."

Asked if I could order a particular color & gearbox -- salesman said "Scion does not let us order cars. They decide what to send us and we have no control over it."

Asked about trade-in process and if they would honor MSRP -- salesman left and talked to his manager, came back and told me, "Would you pay half [of the $4k markup]? We don't make much on these cars to begin with. If it sells at MSRP I only get $150 in my pocket. When we have a car you want, we can talk."

Salesman volunteered that the car already earned a speeding ticket (and a citation for the driver having an expired license) and the rest of our brief conversation was typical salesman bullshit. He told me nothing about the car, a lot about why the $4k markup is justified (), and ultimately the whole experience pretty much reminded me why I hate going to dealerships.

Cliff's Notes: This dealership is selling their FRS for $31k. No thanks.
Wow
HeubergerMotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:28 PM   #53
HeubergerMotors

Drives: 2006 WRX TR
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Thats why I help yall out
HeubergerMotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:39 PM   #54
RRBS

Drives: 2013 Raven FR-S
Dealership Name: Chatham Parkway Toyota
City: Savannah
Brand: Scion/Toyota
Salesman to talk to: They're all stupid
Allocation left? Plenty, all overpriced.

Details of your experience with the dealership: MY problem with this dealership is a little bit different. I didn't buy here, I bought from Savannah Toyota and they were AMAZING, in all ways...however, about 2 weeks after we bought our FRS some asshat decided he wanted what was in my car (nothing visible to anyone) and smashed out the driver's side window. The criminal missed two iPod touches, a radar detector, and an iPad...thank goodness. However we took it to a glass place, instead of Toyota because I don't feel like being raped and charged $1400 for a window that says Toyota...The glass place consulted this dealer...

The dealer said that no one would have glass. (First lie)
The dealer told me no one would be able to fix it but them (Second lie)
The glass place ran into an issue, the car went into safe mode because of the break-in and the window completely went dead, even with new glass, the window wouldn't go up or down. The glass place calls these jokers, asking for telephone help, so they send a tech out...who says the regulator is bad....um..window got smashed, nothing wrong with regulator, but they order one and make the glass place charge us for it...so we go to pick up this part, that isn't necessary, and it still doesn't fix the window. It won't go up or down. We try to take the regulator back and some sales person yells at us, telling us we're hindering our own repairs by ignoring their expert advice. I return the part anyway, and the glass place calls Toyota (not any dealers) and gets trouble shooting advice via phone, and gets the window working, without any extra parts at all. Needless to say these people do nothing but lie, steal, and charge your credit card via a third party for stuff you don't need "because they said so". While waiting to return the part we cruised the lot and a bunch of un-knowledgable sales people swarmed us, wouldn't leave us alone, and fed us lies about all the add-ons, how the cars come from Scion like that. They don't order cars. Scions sends what they feel like. Blah Blah Blah. So if you plan to buy and service there, you're in for a nightmare
RRBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:40 PM   #55
Toxicmilk45

Drives: White out FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Dealership Name: Toyota of Deerfield Beach
State: Florida
City: Deerfield Beach
Brand:Toyota/Scion
Salesman to talk to: Don't go there
Reference desired: (ie tell them Bob sent you, etc)

I purchased my FRS from this dealership in the beginning of June in 2013 when it was their old dealership. My car came with the Scion Boost program even though I didn't want to have it. I decided to bring my car into the dealership February of 2014 not because I wanted the oil change from the boost program but mainly because it couldn't idle correctly and felt like it was about to stall. (This is a manual FRS).

The coolant level on the car also kept dropping which is not supposed to happen on a car that is not even one year old. Coolant systems are supposed to be closed on cars so they don't evaporate. The coolant used in the FRS is also supposed to last the life of the car so if it's disappearing from the coolant reservoir, that doesn't seem safe to me. So I waited a few hours and they told me they didn't know why the coolant was dropping and just filled it up with more coolant which I told them I had already done before with their factory coolant and it still disappeared. They changed the oil and told me they didn't see the idle problem. Drove home and parked the car, idle dropped like it was about to stall.

I noticed there was oil in the engine bay like it leaked out of the oil filter and a lot of it collected onto a plate and some got on to the exhaust which is very hot and can cause a fire in the car. I brought it in again on the 28th of March and they told me the wrong oil filter was on the car... Apparently the mechanics do not know which oil filter is the correct one to put on. I also told them that the idle was still messed up and that the dealership can flash the ECU which will fix the idle. This is a well known problem. That problem is also addressed in this article.

http://jalopnik.com/5948647/heres-ho...le-problem/all

When I went to pick it up they didn't clean the engine bay with the oil everywhere which was only caused because they put on the wrong filter on the car and told me that the idle should be okay because they changed to the right oil filter. How would that fix the problem if I had the right oil filter when I bought the car and still had the idle problem?

The people working at the dealership are nice but if my car doesn't run then why would the service matter?
Toxicmilk45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:22 PM   #56
FoNgThOnG

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Dealership Name: Palmers Toyota Superstore
State: Alabama
City: Mobile
Brand:Toyota/Scion
Salesman to talk to: Diana Register (Sadly, I didn't talk to her when I got mine) or David Parnell, that guy really knows his stuff when it comes to the FR-S.
Reference desired: Tell them Fong sent you.
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: 2

Details of your experience with the dealership: I was looking for an Ultramarine 2014 FR-S. The first salesman said he located one for me that was near since they didn't have but 2 FR-S's that were 2013 White and Silver 10 series.

I waited a week and was called by another salesman who told me the closest Ultramarine was in North Carolina and they couldn't get it cause it would cost too much. So I asked for Raven next and they located two of them, four hours away.

They went to pick it up early in the AM, didn't get to the dealership till roughly 8:30 (They close at 9). I didn't mind all the pollen on the car, but the least they could have done was remove all the stickers off the window and not leave the trash in the car before they gave it to me.

The whole time, they kept trying to get me to buy the 2013 Silver 10 series that I DID NOT WANT. The guy that sold it to me didn't even know how to drive an MT -.-

I'm sure I wouldn't have had any trouble if I dealt with Diana Register.

Last edited by FoNgThOnG; 04-14-2014 at 07:12 PM.
FoNgThOnG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FoNgThOnG For This Useful Post:
dparnell (04-15-2014)