follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

View Poll Results: How was your experience with Cygnus Performance?
5 stars! 5 71.43%
4 stars! 1 14.29%
3 stars! 0 0%
2 stars! 0 0%
Only a single star 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 02-01-2013, 11:16 PM   #1
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Cygnus Performance review thread

This thread is to contain reviews of the vendor @CygnusPerformance.com; let me be the first to start.

Here is their contact information:

CygnusPerformance.com
Phone: (321) 600-0889
Fax: (321) 600-9415
AIM: CygnusPerf
Yahoo Messenger: CygnusPerf
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/CygnusPerf

This is the first time I've purchased from Cygnus, but their name is familiar to me from the years I've spent on NASIOC. I actually didn't even know they were on this forum, as I've been talking to Geoff through NASIOC exclusively. These guys, especially Geoff, are awesome. Great customer service, great deals, and always willing to answer questions even at really odd times of night. So on to the review...

I'd been shopping for a few Whiteline bushings here and there, checking out which vendor had them for cheapest. A few were more or less in the same ball park of low $90s. I recall a certain vendor here was advertising the lowest price on several Whiteline bushings for a time then mysteriously doubled their shipping cost. In any case I was looking for a deal on the trans mount insert and the rear subframe inserts. Quite fortuitously I saw Geoff bump a thread on NASIOC about how they'll meet AND beat any legit shipped price of Whiteline bushings. Seeing this I went to their site which has a BRZ section that's still under construction. No dice, damn! I PM'd him asking if he could get the entire catalog and what kind of vendor (some places on match/beat "authorized" vendors) they would beat. Geoff simply asked me what the price point of the competitors was and beat it by $10. So we just went from $90 for two pieces of yellow poly to $70. Oh, and free shipping. Damn, that makes me feel good!

The bushings shipped USPS and I had them within the week. It didn't take long, but honestly I forgot I even ordered them so I wasn't counting down the days. When I quizzed Geoff about this, he replied:
Quote:
Literally the only parts that ship this method are normally bushings or parts going to Canada and Priority Mail guarantees 1 to 3 business days max. All orders go out fully insured and we are going to start using the automated stamps.com delivery confirmation numbers for anything USPS which will give tracking for all orders. 90% plus of the orders shipped with us would go via insured UPS, tracking would go out same business day and they'd reach the North East in 1 to 2 business days.
There were some other pieces I wanted that I did not see on the site, but Geoff just asked me what theu were and what other vendors were selling them for. Boom, I get my next purhase (camber arms) cheaper than anywhere else. Awesome! Geoff says that the site is still being built and they will eventually have their entire product line (all 119+ brands) online, from power, suspension, brakes, all the way to interior. In the meantime, just contact them and tell 'em what you're looking for. He also tells me that they bought their own development BRZ as well, not something many vendors around here can boast. RaceComp, Nameless, AVO, RallySportDirect.com come to mind first. FWIW, Geoff is asking for people to contact him special discounts for those people who are willing to review parts; I'm not one of them as the parts he wants reviewed aren't something I have time for right now due to downtime and other factors, but I encourage people to contact him. Overall, would buy again.

From their own FS threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnusPerformance.com View Post
Cygnus Performance is proud to offer the lowest prices and best coilover selection on FT86CLUB. We have a long history of being a leader in Subaru suspension (which is basically the type of suspension you have even if you drive the Scion FR-S). We offer industry leading tech support both before and after the sale. If you need help or have questions about settings, spring rates, alignment specs, supporting mods or anything else we are here to help. Let our years of autox, track and street driving experience work for you! Unlike some other shops who offer top shelf brands and real tech support we are also willing to work with you on price. Our prices and offers should be the best on FT86CLUB, and the best on the rest of the net as well. If they are not just contact us and we will gladly beat any price or deal about 99% of the time. Give us the opportunity to earn your business and we will do what it takes to keep your business.

-Geoff

No Hidden Costs! Cygnus Performance offers Free Shipping on EVERY SINGLE BRZ/FR-S Part we sell! If you find anything in this thread for less contact us and we will gladly beat the competition's prices!

Last edited by OrbitalEllipses; 02-02-2013 at 02:23 PM. Reason: clarity
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OrbitalEllipses For This Useful Post:
CygnusPerformance.com (02-06-2013), sklimo (07-18-2013), VoiD (02-13-2013)
Old 02-06-2013, 06:07 PM   #2
mtsound

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have been a customer of Cygnus performance for the past four years. Geoff was great to deal with with very quick shipping, low prices and great customer service. He located hard to find parts for me and was always available for questions.

Mike
mtsound is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mtsound For This Useful Post:
CygnusPerformance.com (02-06-2013)
Old 02-07-2013, 07:19 PM   #3
Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I came here because I didn't know they had any history. I pm'd them back and forth a few times, I haven't bought yet as some of the parts I want are on back order, but so far they've been great to deal with.

Thanks for starting this thread Orbital.
Calum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Calum For This Useful Post:
CygnusPerformance.com (04-10-2013)
Old 03-29-2013, 09:00 PM   #4
FR-Z STI

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
First time customer with Cygnus Performance. Just got to say: GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE! Not only did Geoff give Umpadumpa and I a great deal on a set of Fortune Auto 500 Coilovers they have quick and awesome communication. Thanks again!
FR-Z STI is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FR-Z STI For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2013, 09:57 PM   #5
johnb831

Drives: SWP 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
I totally agree!!! They have great customer service and great prices!!!
johnb831 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to johnb831 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2013, 08:32 AM   #6
CygnusPerformance.com

Drives: 13 BRZ Limited/07 STi Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to CygnusPerformance.com Send a message via Yahoo to CygnusPerformance.com
Thanks very much for the positive reviews. I really appreciate you guys taking the time to write them. We are proud to be part of the ft86club community. As most of you can probably see our BRZ/ FR-S section is still under construction, but we can get almost any part for these cars. Some of the manufacturers we carry are listed here:

http://cygnusperformance.com/cart.ph...category_id=96

If anyone would like a quote on parts they don't see on our site please feel free to send us a PM. These are great cars and I'm seeing more and more aftermarket parts become available for them which also makes them a great modding platform. We really appreciate your support and business and look forward to serving the BRZ/FR-S community for years to come. Please feel free to PM, Email, IM or Call us anytime if you have questions or need quotes

Thanks,
--
Geoff Parnum
http://CygnusPerformance.com
Phone: (321) 600-0889
Fax: (321) 600-9415
AIM: CygnusPerf
Yahoo Messenger: CygnusPerf
Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/CygnusPerf
CygnusPerformance.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:41 PM   #7
AZFA20
Automotive Connoisseur

Drives: too many cars
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Garage
This is the first time I have actually been in this section of the forum. I guess I didn't realize what it was until just now. I feel bad because Geoff has been fantastic to work with and I have ordered several times through Cygnus without responding here. His willingness to work with you is top notch and I cannot say enough. I actually have a package on its way to me from him as I type this. Always has prices and availability right away. When I give Geoff thumbs up the order is processed asap. I would recommend Cygnus to anyone I know. Also it is important to know that Cygnus can get a lot of things that are not even listed and I have ordered in that manner as well with fantastic results.

Thank you Geoff!!
CygnusPerformance.com (04-25-2013)
Old 07-18-2013, 11:54 AM   #8
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Ordered from Geoff again. Again, lowest price I could find with a casual search and even had a local shop unwilling to match because it was "bad for the industry."

In any case, I ordered some suspension arms I MIGHT have needed this week if everything went smoothly, but it looks like I'm SOL on that front. Regardless, Geoff made sure these shipped same day (ordered 3PM EST) from the closest warehouse to my location. I had the arms the next evening! That's what I call service.

A+ for Cygnus, again!
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:17 PM   #9
Dustin
Twin Screw You

Drives: 2013 Supercharged Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Just ordered my second part from Cygnus. I'm always looking for the best possible deal on my parts and both times that you carried the part I was looking for, you had the best prices. A++ service, pricing, and shipping. Will order from you again @CygnusPerformance.com!!!
Dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:11 AM   #10
kanundrum

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S
Thanked 3,016 Times in 1,711 Posts
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Email Sent from Website!