follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

AUSTRALIA Australia and New Zealand

User Tag List

Old 03-15-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
eckoflyte

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Passenger window shattered. Warranty?

The small window on the left door close to the side mirror all of a sudden cracked while i was driving.

Im assuming it mustve had some sort of flaw in the glass for this to happen. Luckily its still held together by the tint.

The car has only got 3000km on it. And ive barely used the left door as there have not been passengers. Only time it was touched was when i got it tinted.

Question is will warranty cover this or will they blame me and say and it was my fault?
eckoflyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:11 PM   #2
cuddefred

Drives: Black 86 GT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Sorry to hear that mate. It's going to be difficult for you to prove you weren't at fault or it didn't get hit by something so sadly I reckon it is going to need paying for by you. I would still tell them though in case this starts (or has started) happening to others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eckoflyte View Post
The small window on the left door close to the side mirror all of a sudden cracked while i was driving.

Im assuming it mustve had some sort of flaw in the glass for this to happen. Luckily its still held together by the tint.

The car has only got 3000km on it. And ive barely used the left door as there have not been passengers. Only time it was touched was when i got it tinted.

Question is will warranty cover this or will they blame me and say and it was my fault?
cuddefred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:46 PM   #3
eckoflyte

That sounds unfortunate. I also have a rear crack in my rear plastic wheel guard because of driving through some heavy rain.

I owned a 2nd hand Honda DC5R before this car for 6 years and not once have I had a problem. I've had this car for 3000km and its already got problems, especially the dash rattles. Just unbelievable for a brand new car. The honda had ridiculous stiff coilover setup running on r-compounds with chassis bracing everwhere and the plastic or interior never rattled.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:03 AM   #4
cuddefred

I would certainly mention the rattles to them as they should fix them up under warranty. It is one of my pet hates - I like to hear the engine, stereo and nothing else (including the wife ). Hope you get it sorted so it doesn't spoil your enjoyment of the car, but it has certainly been built to a budget. Having said that, I can't think of another car on the market that is such good value or fun to drive for money. Good luck with it all.

Quote:
That sounds unfortunate. I also have a rear crack in my rear plastic wheel guard because of driving through some heavy rain.

I owned a 2nd hand Honda DC5R before this car for 6 years and not once have I had a problem. I've had this car for 3000km and its already got problems, especially the dash rattles. Just unbelievable for a brand new car. The honda had ridiculous stiff coilover setup running on r-compounds with chassis bracing everwhere and the plastic or interior never rattled.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:12 AM   #5
Nafe

Drives: Mt Fuji Red 86 GT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
You are asking the question to the wrong people.. The only people that can answer that are Toyota dealers.. I suggest you ask one
No one on a forum can make a desicion whether a repair will be warranty. Simple.
Nafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:41 AM   #6
eckoflyte

I posed this question to the forum on Friday night when service dept is closed over the weekend.

Of course i called first thing Monday morning. It's covered I'm getting it fixed for free.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:53 AM   #7
cuddefred

Great stuff - glad to hear it mate. :happy0180:

Quote:
I posed this question to the forum on Friday night when service dept is closed over the weekend.

Of course i called first thing Monday morning. It's covered I'm getting it fixed for free.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:00 AM   #8
mRdeMs83

Drives: Argento FR-S 86
Garage
The rubber seal around this window comes as one part from factory. I had the corner edge come up from an automated car wash. Dealership replaced it under warranty no problem. So if it broke I'd assume they'd cover it.

Argento ate6
mRdeMs83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:03 AM   #9
Neilus

Drives: GTS 86 6M
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thumbs up

Quote:

Thats great customer service. Got to be happy with that.
Neilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:12 AM   #10
Nafe

But why ask a question that you know only Toyota can asnwer when the forum isn't Toyota?? makes no sense to me.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:19 AM   #11
eckoflyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafe View Post
But why ask a question that you know only Toyota can asnwer when the forum isn't Toyota?? makes no sense to me.
Lol seriously?

Perhaps in my moment of desperation i was hoping to seek an answer from someone who may have experienced a similar matter? Maybe some one whose had experience/worked at a dealership could advise? Perhaps if toyota refused my request users on the board could advise me on my rights as a consumer regarding warranty?

Regardless we have an answer and now my situation could prove useful to future members who may experience something similar.

I apologise if i appear stupid or i have made no sense to you. You are welcome to get the moderators to delete this thread if you feel its useless. I dont mind.
The Following User Says Thank You to eckoflyte For This Useful Post:
cuddefred (03-25-2013)
Old 03-25-2013, 09:08 AM   #12
Frank @ BrightShine

Drives: Commodore SV6 Ute
Quote:
No need to make people feel uncomfortable for posing a question mate.

People can ask whatever they want, and interested people will respond.
Frank @ BrightShine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frank @ BrightShine For This Useful Post:
cuddefred (03-25-2013)
Old 03-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #13
crouchy35

Drives: 2013 Mt Fuji Red 86 GTS (MT)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Why take the effort to question him twice? If it annyos you, ignore the post.
crouchy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:56 AM   #14
Nafe

If we all continued to ask questions that no one can rightfully answer, do you really think that would benefit the forum??
I don't really give a shit, but it just seems counter productive because NO ONE is in a position to answer. People can SPECULATE but that's all that can be down outside of a Toyota dealership.
Oh, and I DO work in a dealer service department