follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86)

GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86) General topics for the GR86 second-gen 86

User Tag List

Old 05-21-2022, 02:41 AM   #1079
TheDonEffect

Drives: A mix
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pearls aren't just a name but are actually a three stage paint vs two. For instance the dc2 Integra black was called black pearl but was not an actual pearl paint.
Alot of modern white paints are pearl since adding the metallic would likely change the color (check out Mazda ceramic color for reference of a white metallic that's not a pearl). Every now and then you see a red orange or blue but generally they're not pearls, as are all colors without metallic flake such as the blue above. Trueno, Neptune, em1 civic si, dodge viper, etc etc etc blue aren't pearls.
TheDonEffect is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheDonEffect For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (05-21-2022)
Old 05-23-2022, 10:57 AM   #1080
fredzy
Mebmer

Drives: Sienna, GR86, FL5
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
A dealer I worked with in the past is giving me dibs on a Halo PMT allocation @ $35,500. If it were MSRP I might consider it but nah. Pittsburgh area.

I'm waiting on a PM from another guy to see if he wants it, but if I don't hear in a day or two I'll forward on whoever here may be interested.
fredzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 03:58 PM   #1081
Robertw

Drives: 1996 Turbo Miata
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
I am not going to name dealership names yet, because there are some legal things I am still dealing with, but I had a similar issue with a dealership. Put down a sizable deposit with an agreement to purchase with a very very high markup for a car that was allocated and shortly on a ship. The day the car arrived at the dealership I get a call to actually do paperwork for financing. I asked to start the process earlier but they said not until the car came in. They presented me with pricing that included a markup that was 50% higher than my already agreed on markup, and when I told them I was not paying that they all of a sudden could not do a deal.

I passed up several offers that were cheaper than my deal because I was going to stick to my deposit. I have since reported the dealership to Toyota Corporate and received a response. I have also dealt with more than one dealership that quoted me a markup over the phone, and when the papers arrive they are thousands more than the markup price because of their nonsense add-ons.

I initially said I would give these "bad-talked about online" dealerships a chance to prove me wrong. At this point screw them all! I hope the rest of you with multiple deposits keep them in and when you get your keys in your hand you fight the rest of the dealers to very end for your refund. You are not doing anything worse than what they will do when your car finally arrives. I am historically a very proud Toyota owner, but I think I am quitting the race to get a GR86.

Would have been a very fun car from what I hear, but I'll enjoy another brand's fun car until the next fun car is released. Or maybe one of those "I'll talk to my manager guys" will have another deal fall through that is actually reasonable. I'm not holding my breathe. And no, I am still not touching a BRZ.
Some people in here will defend the dealership and blame consumers.
Robertw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 04:27 PM   #1082
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2494 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertw View Post
Some people in here will defend the dealership and blame consumers.
And some are not bright enough to see that there are different scenarios some of which do indeed place the blame on the dealers.
Robertw (05-24-2022)
Old 05-24-2022, 08:01 AM   #1083
Robertw

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyJohn View Post
If you had an agreed deal on price (hopefully written) and a deposit and the dealer backed out, the dealer is shitty, in the wrong, and hopefully you have some recourse.
What recourse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
And some are not bright enough to see that there are different scenarios some of which do indeed place the blame on the dealers.
I just found it interesting seeing the outrage here when the "blame" is on consumers, and the general crickets when the blame is on the dealer. That's all.
Old 05-24-2022, 08:05 AM   #1084
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,907 Times in 11,362 Posts
Mentioned: 181 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
What recourse?
Assuming there was a written agreement, you have a legally binding document but, in all honesty, would it be worth the effort to pursue it?

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 08:06 AM   #1085
Robertw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
Assuming there was a written agreement, you have a legally binding document but, in all honesty, would it be worth the effort to pursue it?
Exactly, and the dealers know that, so they do as they please.
The Following User Says Thank You to Robertw For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (05-24-2022)
Old 05-24-2022, 09:10 AM   #1086
Tcoat

Quote:
What recourse?

I just found it interesting seeing the outrage here when the "blame" is on consumers, and the general crickets when the blame is on the dealer. That's all.
The blame that I have placed on the consumers is that they support markups by actually paying them.

Breach of contract when there was a written agreement that we see in the cited case is clearly on the dealer. On the other hand he did already agree to pay a "very very high" markup so he opened the door for them to try for even more.

All the people with orders at several dealers are also inflating the perceived demand for the car which forces the prices up even more.

All in all both parties are responsible.
Dadhawk (05-24-2022)
Old 05-24-2022, 10:16 AM   #1087
CincyJohn

Drives: 2022 MT Neptune GR86 Prem.
Quote:
No - what you didn't like was that we didn't immediately support you and call the dealer scum when your facts didn't support it.

Specifically, here's what happened to you: (1) the dealer told you what the deal would be upfront; (2) came up with the car and the deal they promised you (not at all the case with drivejumpfly); (3) but wouldn't budge on the markup they TOLD YOU they were going to charge - but used the word negotiable - when they knew they had three others in line that were willing to pay that markup.

You could have easily paid the markup that was exactly within the range the dealer told you it was going to be. It was not the high number; it was not the low number. It was "negotiated" in the middle. It's not the dealer's fault that in your head the word "negotiable" meant they would remove the markup all together when the car arrived.

Seriously, dude. You can't really think that what happened to you and what happened to drivejumpfly are the same thing.
CincyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CincyJohn For This Useful Post:
OkieSnuffBox (05-24-2022), Robertw (05-24-2022), Tcoat (05-24-2022)
Old 05-24-2022, 10:45 AM   #1088
Robertw

Quote:
No - what you didn't like was that we didn't immediately support you and call the dealer scum when your facts didn't support it.

Specifically, here's what happened to you: (1) the dealer told you what the deal would be upfront; (2) came up with the car and the deal they promised you (not at all the case with drivejumpfly); (3) but wouldn't budge on the markup they TOLD YOU they were going to charge - but used the word negotiable - when they knew they had three others in line that were willing to pay that markup.

You could have easily paid the markup that was exactly within the range the dealer told you it was going to be. It was not the high number; it was not the low number. It was "negotiated" in the middle. It's not the dealer's fault that in your head the word "negotiable" meant they would remove the markup all together when the car arrived.

Seriously, dude. You can't really think that what happened to you and what happened to drivejumpfly are the same thing.
Um, I didn’t make any deals agreeing to markups on any car, you may have me confused with someone else…lol Simmer down, emotions getting the best of you.
Old 05-24-2022, 10:51 AM   #1089
Robertw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
The blame that I have placed on the consumers is that they support markups by actually paying them.

Breach of contract when there was a written agreement that we see in the cited case is clearly on the dealer. On the other hand he did already agree to pay a "very very high" markup so he opened the door for them to try for even more.

All the people with orders at several dealers are also inflating the perceived demand for the car which forces the prices up even more.

All in all both parties are responsible.
Wait wait wait, so when a customer and dealer come to an agreement on a markup, the car arrives, and the dealer raises the markup, both parties are at fault?

But when both parties agree to a non refundable deposit, but the buyer backs out and wants a refund and the dealership says no deal, it’s just the customers fault? That was your argument earlier.

Agreements were signed in both cases…so I think the dealer is also at fault for offering non refundable deposits.

At least I’ve been consistent with my position.
Old 05-24-2022, 10:57 AM   #1090
Tcoat

Quote:
Wait wait wait, so when a customer and dealer come to an agreement on a markup, the car arrives, and the dealer raises the markup, both parties are at fault?

But when both parties agree to a non refundable deposit, but the buyer backs out and wants a refund and the dealership says no deal, it’s just the customers fault? That was your argument earlier.

Agreements were signed in both cases…so I think the dealer is also at fault for offering non refundable deposits.

At least I’ve been consistent with my position.
That is not what I said.
Each case can be different.
CincyJohn (05-24-2022), Robertw (05-24-2022)
Old 05-24-2022, 11:49 AM   #1091
CincyJohn

Drives: 2022 MT Neptune GR86 Prem.
Quote:
Um, I didn’t make any deals agreeing to markups on any car, you may have me confused with someone else…lol Simmer down, emotions getting the best of you.
Yes - thought you were juenedgi. You are just the guy who called "non-refundable" deposits a scam and defended what you believe is your inalienable right to put down "refundable" deposits wherever, whenever you want and waste as much dealer employee time as possible with no remorse.

With respect to your points, all I have ever said is I can understand a dealership employing refundable and non-refundable deposit strategies as well as having markups whenever they want - particularly in these market conditions. I have also said a buyer should beware, make sure they get everything in writing, choose to deal with whatever dealer they want, and choose to pay whatever they are willing to pay without getting butthurt if a particular dealer isn't willing to meet their demands.

In any event, it appears drivejumpfly ran up against a dealer that basically went back on a written agreement. I agree - THAT Dealer is scum. That doesn't mean all dealers are scum (even ones that charge markup or have "non-refundable" deposits).

And as Tcoat has pointed out, people that run around placing deposits at multiple dealers (ahem...) are indirectly responsible for what is going on and they should acknowlege that.
CincyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CincyJohn For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (05-24-2022), DylanJZA (05-24-2022), OkieSnuffBox (05-24-2022)
Old 05-24-2022, 01:21 PM   #1092
Robertw

Quote:
Yes - thought you were juenedgi. You are just the guy who called "non-refundable" deposits a scam and defended what you believe is your inalienable right to put down "refundable" deposits wherever, whenever you want and waste as much dealer employee time as possible with no remorse.

With respect to your points, all I have ever said is I can understand a dealership employing refundable and non-refundable deposit strategies as well as having markups whenever they want - particularly in these market conditions. I have also said a buyer should beware, make sure they get everything in writing, choose to deal with whatever dealer they want, and choose to pay whatever they are willing to pay without getting butthurt if a particular dealer isn't willing to meet their demands.

In any event, it appears drivejumpfly ran up against a dealer that basically went back on a written agreement. I agree - THAT Dealer is scum. That doesn't mean all dealers are scum (even ones that charge markup or have "non-refundable" deposits).

And as Tcoat has pointed out, people that run around placing deposits at multiple dealers (ahem...) are indirectly responsible for what is going on and they should acknowlege that.
I’ve read a lot of preaching “you signed a written agreement”, or “get the agreement in writing” like it means anything, meanwhile folks like you and tcoat fail to recognize that these written agreements only mean anything when it’s to the dealerships benefit. As soon as a dealer smells a better opportunity, they take it, regardless of what they signed.

You also never answered my question, what recourse is there when a dealership backs out of signed agreement?